Polestar Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wondering how many Polestar 2 have been sold or delivered worldwide, the only numbers I was able to find are this ones for Europe only: Polestar 2 European sales figures

Based on them 15,770 Polestar 2 have been delivered in Europe until May 2021.

Is there any other source to get the stats for China and the US?
I know back in the day people were able to use the Tesla Model 3 VINs to estimate delivered vehicles.

Registered
Stickerless Thunder on 19's
I am wondering how many Polestar 2 have been sold or delivered worldwide, the only numbers I was able to find are this ones for Europe only: Polestar 2 European sales figures

Is there any other source to get the stats for China and the US?
I know back in the day people were able to use the Tesla Model 3 VINs to estimate delivered vehicles.
Hi Hendrik,
Is this for a school project? You must be young if Tesla VINs are 'back in the day' 馃榾

Registered
[QUOTE=

I can give you the numbers for Norway. As of today there are 5269 P2s registered in Norway

Premium Member
Snow Performance Napa Hitch

Premium Member
So... I guess fewer than 500 in North America.

Premium Member
Thats really weird considering the awesome design, the quality, as well as the tech and price point.
I read that the sales in China also aren't great but sadly I don't have a figure.
My take is that it just comes down to a lack of visibility.

Unless you were really keeping up with the EV market, it would be unlikely that you'd happen upon a Polestar in the United States. Until last month, there were only four places in the whole country where someone could see a Polestar in person. Two spots in the Bay Area, one in LA and one in NYC. Now, we're up to 10 "spaces" with more on the way.

More spaces, combined with all of the good press Polestar is getting, means these figures should increase.

I get approached almost every time I get out of my car by someone asking what the heck I'm driving. As more of these find their way onto the road, there will be a snowball effect.

Premium Member
I'll also add that the early-adopter segment willing to plunk down $60,000+ for a new model from a new manufacturer based on new-ish technology is probably fairly small.

Registered
Thats really weird considering the awesome design, the quality, as well as the tech and price point.
I read that the sales in China also aren't great but sadly I don't have a figure.
It's probably at least double that to be fair, but there are very few places where you can test drive/see one up close. Right now there are only 11 spaces and a few of them just opened within the last few months. A lot of the markers below are planned spaces, not ones that are open, so there are huge chunks of the country where you can't see one up close.

It's wild to me that Minneapolis has a space but not Chicago, the 3rd most populous city in the country. The number 1 and 2 cities each have 2 in close proximity.

They've said they aren't trying to be a volume seller like Tesla, they'll remain niche, and with no visibility into what their sales goals are we can't say if they're meeting their expectations or not. Maybe they'll start to communicate sales against expectations soon as their market reach stabilizes.

Registered
2021 2
My take is that it just comes down to a lack of visibility.

Unless you were really keeping up with the EV market, it would be unlikely that you'd happen upon a Polestar in the United States. Until last month, there were only four places in the whole country where someone could see a Polestar in person. Two spots in the Bay Area, one in LA and one in NYC. Now, we're up to 10 "spaces" with more on the way.

More spaces, combined with all of the good press Polestar is getting, means these figures should increase.

I get approached almost every time I get out of my car by someone asking what the heck I'm driving. As more of these find their way onto the road, there will be a snowball effect.
theyve definitely been ramping up advertising around here.
Yesterday another parent at drop off asked me about the car because they heard ads about it and were curious (they were driving an old minivan though鈥 not the target market don鈥檛 think). And an undergrad I work with mentioned it out of the blue when talking about cars in general - had no idea about my love of the car so don鈥檛 think was just for my benefit

I think as consciousness of the brand grows will see more sales. For now it鈥檚 a pretty rare thing on the road.

Premium Member
Americans also like instant gratification. Order a Polestar and you've got a long wait ahead. That's probably had an impact on sales, too.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts