Polestar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
2022 PoleStar 2 - Dual Motors - Void
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had a chance to drive my Polestar through extreme heat conditions, including a heatwave we are experiencing here in California. And I have to say, my Polestar has been handling it with no issues. Here's a screenshot from yesterday showing the current temp being operated in

Window Vehicle Automotive design Motor vehicle Car

There hasn't been any noticeable effect on performance, efficiency has remained good, and the AC has kept the cabin nice and cool. I did notice that when it reaches 100 F or over the cooling fan runs, but that's expected in keeping the battery cool. A couple of weeks back I drove about 1000 miles in 4 days in temps between 90 F and 104 F at speeds up to 90 mph with zero issues

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
For the past week and a half it has been at or over 100F and bright sunshine, plus high humidity (heat factors above 110) and my car hasn't missed a beat. AC keeps up no problem. Note that I did get the windows (including the front) ceramic tinted and that helps a lot.

·
Registered
2022 PoleStar 2 - Dual Motors - Void
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
For the past week and a half it has been at or over 100F and bright sunshine, plus high humidity (heat factors above 110) and my car hasn't missed a beat. AC keeps up no problem. Note that I did get the windows (including the front) ceramic tinted and that helps a lot.
Cool! Literally and figuratively :)

·
Registered
2022 Polestar 2 Moon Pilot/Plus/Napa
66 Posts
I’m in Arizona 105 plus the last 10 days and has worked great. Yes fans run more but that should be expected and is true of any ice car in this heat. Sure it has to work a little harder in electric to cool battery.

·
Registered
2022 Polestar 2, Midnight Blue, Charcoal Gray, Pilot, Plus, 19" wheels
139 Posts
Our air conditioner pumps are allowed to run at an ideal RPM due to the fact that they are independent of the RPM of a ICE engine. That certainly helps the AC performance and it's efficiency. Our AC systems also don't have to "compete" with the heat from an ICE engine in the same cramped engine bay. Win-win.

I wonder, though, how much cooling effort is directed towards keeping the battery and motors cooled down? We know that the batteries are heated up (preconditioned) during cold weather in anticipation of an upcoming DC fast charge, but do they also require cooling?

·
Registered
325 Posts
Just returned to the UK via Spain. On a two day, 800 mile, journey through Spain it peaked at 43 Celsius (109.5 F), and no issues. I think the consumption was not hit as hard as I expected - the air con was really good and effective.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts