Polestar Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Coming home today from running an admittedly arbitrary errand, I decided to divert along a particularly curvy and hilly road in the area. The headlights superbly kept the road ahead lit up in full detail. I was struck by how beautifully this car handles with effortless acceleration and wonderfully smooth, blended braking. It was such a pleasure.

I think we so easily get caught up in software glitches, competitors, range issues, and delivery hassles that we forget what superb machines we have here.

Ingenlath claims that they spent a tremendous amount of time trying to get the driving characteristics of this car just right. I'm certainly no expert, but it seems to me they succeeded in spades.

So thank you, sir, for putting that grin on my face tonight.

·
Registered
839 Posts
It's visceral, the experience of driving this machine. I pride myself on prioritizing logic and reason, but the sheer joy I feel carving up twisties and effortlessly accelerating out of a corner is intoxicating. I'll add my gratitude to the chorus here.

·
Registered
magnesium/slate/19"/tow/18xxx
138 Posts
I bought the P*2 because the test drive was super-convincing. I only buy a car if it's a combination of driver's delight, design language, practicality and a reputation for quality (well, this one's leaning on Volvo's for now). My previous car was a Mazda 6 and it ticked all those boxes for me. I really don't care how many eyeballs I get for it.
In 2020 I added sustainability to that. Polestar is the first car brand that opens the discussion on carbon footprint and sustainability so hard. For me that's compelling. And I'm delighted that it's their mission statement in 2021.
So thank you Mr. Ingenlath and thank you Polestar!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Thanks Prof, and the above. I’m still waiting for mine, riding the waves of “can’t wait” vs “have I done the right thing”.

Its lovely to hear the positivity again - I am excited about ticking both the eco and driving pleasure boxes. This is keeping me on board.

·
Registered
P2 2021, Void, Charcoal, no PP, 19 inch
161 Posts
Boys, I agree on this! Yesterday got my void/charcoal/19inch ‘machine’ delivered and it is ‘love at first sight’: whisperquiet once you start driving, love the OPD, my new Zappi 2 started charging immediately as expected, so...a happy Dutch boy here

1 - 8 of 8 Posts