Polestar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
Stickerless Thunder on 19's
1,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi
Lots of relative newcomers on the forum. Great isn’t it!
I’ve been on a little while. If there was one post I would like to share above others, one which has given me the most use for little return, it would be this-
This post taught me I may love music, but I know little about audio settings. Altering the equaliser as @stevelup advised, transformed a standard sounding car stereo into the best I’ve had.
Props

·
Registered
764 Posts
Hi
Lots of relative newcomers on the forum. Great isn’t it!
I’ve been on a little while. If there was one post I would like to share above others, one which has given me the most use for little return, it would be this-
The poster can be a bit abrupt, some might say occasionally condescending, but this post taught me I may love music, but I know little about audio settings. Altering the equaliser as @stevelup advised transformed a standard sounding car stereo into the best I’ve had.
Props
Yup, I Set my EQ to this setting earlier today! Thanks @stevelup

·
Super Moderator
Polestar 2, Midnight (blue), charcoal interior, non-PP
2,867 Posts
Agreed, ended up with something quite similar after an enjoyable period listening to all sorts of music. It's key though to fiddle with the equalisers when the car's running not when it's stationary as the rumble from the tyres quickly drowns out the nice balanced bass you set while not moving...

·
Super Moderator
1,354 Posts
You're making me blush!

Next thing we need to campaign to Polestar for is for the ability to disable (or at least tone down) the automatic adjustments the car makes when driving.

It's theoretically a clever system (it uses the microphones in the car to determine not only the ambient noise level, but the frequency), but it's just too intrusive for my liking. It's not really acceptable that this is forced upon you.

·
Registered
Polestar 2 (Thunder/Slate)
867 Posts
Tried these settings, but toggling EQ on and off there seems to be very little if any change in sound.

I don't think I'm going deaf, maybe the EQ isn't working on my car for some reason?

·
Premium Member
3,429 Posts
Tried these settings, but toggling EQ on and off there seems to be very little if any change in sound.

I don't think I'm going deaf, maybe the EQ isn't working on my car for some reason?
I have the same experience. I tried resetting the tablet, too. From what I can tell, it's working, but it's just really subtle. We need the knobs to go to 11.

Reactions: SA69-ev

·
Super Moderator
1,354 Posts
It's night and day for me with the EQ on and off with those settings - not subtle at all.

A couple of people on the Facebook group said the same, then they used the reset button on the bottom of the EQ page and the EQ was then unleashed.

I'm slightly sceptical but worth a shot? Could be another bug.

·
Registered
867 Posts
It's night and day for me with the EQ on and off with those settings - not subtle at all.

A couple of people on the Facebook group said the same, then they used the reset button on the bottom of the EQ page and the EQ was then unleashed.

I'm slightly sceptical but worth a shot? Could be another bug.
Must be not working then for me. I tried turning the EQ off and on again several times, didn't occur to me to reset it, will have a go later, thanks!

·
Registered
Void | PP | Slate+Black Ash | No tow | Stickerless | IGL Kenzo graphene coating
164 Posts
Next thing we need to campaign to Polestar for is for the ability to disable (or at least tone down) the automatic adjustments the car makes when driving.
I agree. This is supposed to be a safety thing, and I think somebody in this forum mentioned new Volvos doing the same. Still I don't understand how this logic works as it keeps surprising me.

I also miss being able to control the front/rear volume balance as like to have higher volume behind me. Very limited functionality here.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Must be not working then for me. I tried turning the EQ off and on again several times, didn't occur to me to reset it, will have a go later, thanks!
Unbelievable, resetting the EQ got it to work - it now actually makes audible difference!

To be honest I had low expectations of the Android setup, and got the car despite of it, but so far it’s even worse than I expected.

Personally I think Android Automotive was a terrible decision, although I can see why they did this. It will probably be unceremoniously discontinued by Google (as they often do) in a few years, but as I lease the car it just has to barely work until I return it...

·
Registered
867 Posts
Please tell me just what it was, exactly, that you did.
I just did what the post I originally replied to suggested - I reset the EQ. It wasn’t doing anything before but now it does. To do this there’s a button at the bottom of the screen underneath the EQ sliders when it’s enabled.

Before I did this even the most ludicrous and extreme settings made no discernible difference when it was turned on/off, now it works as expected.

·
Super Moderator
1,354 Posts
So weird - you'd think all that button does is set everything to the centre position, but it clearly does reset the audio subsystem in some way.

Glad it has sorted it out for you.

·
Registered
867 Posts
So weird - you'd think all that button does is set everything to the centre position, but it clearly does reset the audio subsystem in some way.

Glad it has sorted it out for you.
Thanks for suggesting it - I wasn’t terribly unhappy with the sound to be honest, and when I fiddled with the EQ shortly after the car was delivered it didn’t seem to make much difference so left turned off it and forgot about it.

Now if anyone knows of an arcane reset process that gets the bloody speed limit recognition to actually work, please share, it’s driving me crazy driving in the motorway and have it flash angrily at me for having the nerve to do 70mph on what it thinks is a 60mph road.

·
Premium Member
3,429 Posts
This is why I never tried it!

'Just tried it. It works! (Still wish we had control over the range of amplitude.)

Reactions: Mick

·
Super Moderator
2,867 Posts
Interesting! I mis-read it as resetting the infotainment system, not the button to reset the EQ... I shall give it a try!

·
Registered
Polestar 2 Void, PP
93 Posts
Welp, doesnt work with me, no difference at all, i even hit the reset button. But settings are still there.

·
Super Moderator
2,867 Posts
That's from your Spotify playlist, isn't it @dave ?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts