Polestar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
Stickerless Thunder on 19's
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Personally I was worried I’d have a tinge of regret when I finally received my car. All the promo pics, videos & reviews showed the car in all its glory with the Performance Pack. I’m not saying that version doesn’t look tremendous, but if you felt in any way you were compromising on looks, then you will be mighty impressed on delivery. The car sits fantastically well on 19” wheels. The ”standard” wheels don’t look standard at all.
You‘ve chosen well!

·
Registered
253 Posts
This is me, I really don't see the value in the performance pack. The aesthetics are good, but not worth the money. The performance upgrades are good, but not really going to make much difference in daily driving, The uprated brakes will almost never get any exercise anyway.

An interesting (To me) observation is that the UK configurator has the standard wheels chosen by default but the Swedish configurator has the 20" option wheels checked by default.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Same here, and as I'm leasing it, the extra £5k just seemed to be added to the monthly charge, so after 3 years I'd have paid for the pack for the leasing company to sell on. Usual practice I think, but the 19" wheels look pretty good anyway and the lack of gold is not a deal breaker for me

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I took a 4 year lease so the news of an extra year warranty we've been 'gifted' on top of the standard 3 is great news for me!

·
Registered
364 Posts
@dave totally agree. I do think it looks a bit better with the PP as its marginally lowered, but not £5k better. And the standard brakes and suspension are fine!

The optional 20" alloys only added about £30/month to my 2 year lease, instead of nearly £200 for the PP.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
@dave where does this extra year come from?
In the recall email....
Thank you for your support and patience

We regret the issues you may have experienced with your new Polestar 2 and would like to show our appreciation for your support in this early phase of our journey, and for sticking with us while we address our initial challenges. As a thank you, as the first owner of the vehicle, we will extend your Polestar warranty by one extra year.

·
Registered
Polestar 2, midnight, non PP, Leather upgrade.-cancelled Nov
45 Posts
In the recall email....
Thank you for your support and patience

We regret the issues you may have experienced with your new Polestar 2 and would like to show our appreciation for your support in this early phase of our journey, and for sticking with us while we address our initial challenges. As a thank you, as the first owner of the vehicle, we will extend your Polestar warranty by one extra year.
That's impressive from polestar and shows their dedication to resolve the issue and provide a great customer service!

·
Registered
2021 Polestar 2
246 Posts
Agreed but wonder if it will apply to all first year Polestar owners or purely those that have suffered recalls. I am due an update re mine tomorrow so will be checking this with PS.

·
Registered
7 Posts
fully agree, I lived in China, and if I do not pick the PP then I can get about 38000RMB(5K Euro) cashback
yes, the Ohlins and Brembo worth the money but I don't think they are necessary for daily driving, and the 19'' wheels will be more comfortable. and without PP the car is slightly quicker.
the only thing I'm not sure is about the brake, how is the performance with and without the Brembos? so far all the reviews with the brake performance is 34 meters from 100 to 0 all with Brembos.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
I found the PP to be more show than go. Having said that, of all the wheels I liked the look of the 20's the best, so PP or not, I was going with those wheels.

·
Registered
Polestar 2, Thunder, Slate Weavetech, 19"
4 Posts
Agreed but wonder if it will apply to all first year Polestar owners or purely those that have suffered recalls. I am due an update re mine tomorrow so will be checking this with PS.
I only found it in that email and cant seem to find it anywhere else so I assume for now it's probably only for the recall affected cars. I am really happy about it since I got mine like a week or so before the second recall. Considering the app and some features are still missing I could see them also doing this for everyone the first year. But for now the only place I found it was in that last recall email.

·
Registered
Polestar 2, Thunder, Slate Weavetech, 19"
4 Posts
I like in general just a comfy ride so 19" is perfect for me. It does not feel like I am missing out :p

·
Registered
364 Posts
Now I've lived with my non-PP for a bit, I do kinda wish the suspension rideheight was a bit lower. Pictures of the lower PP do look better!

·
Registered
253 Posts
Now I've lived with my non-PP for a bit, I do kinda wish the suspension rideheight was a bit lower. Pictures of the lower PP do look better!
It's okay, give it a year, all the potholes and speed bumps of the UK will soon snap off a bit of spring and it'll sit a little lower.

·
Premium Member
1,078 Posts
But it's only lower by a fraction of an inch! Do you really think you can tell the difference? (Sincere question... I really don't know.)

('Just looked it up. Clearance without the PP is 151 mm. Clearance without is 146 mm. So it's only 5 mm lower!)

Reactions: ricisbest

·
Registered
76 Posts
fully agree, I lived in China, and if I do not pick the PP then I can get about 38000RMB(5K Euro) cashback
yes, the Ohlins and Brembo worth the money but I don't think they are necessary for daily driving, and the 19'' wheels will be more comfortable. and without PP the car is slightly quicker.
the only thing I'm not sure is about the brake, how is the performance with and without the Brembos? so far all the reviews with the brake performance is 34 meters from 100 to 0 all with Brembos.
I love the PP, Ohlins and Brembos. When heavily braking I think they are just about right and the Ohlins are fantastic dampers - neither are necessary for a daily drive - but then you can always buy a Nissan Leaf :)

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
I love the PP, Ohlins and Brembos. When heavily braking I think they are just about right and the Ohlins are fantastic dampers - neither are necessary for a daily drive - but then you can always buy a Nissan Leaf :)
Except that the difference between a Leaf and a non-PP P2 is huge compared to the difference between a PP and non-PP P2. In a P2 (or a Leaf for that matter) 90% of your braking is from regen. And once you set the olin's to your liking you are unlikely to change them. So unless you track your car, the PP is mostly for the yellow bling. If you like that kind of thing then I guess it's worth it.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Of all things, it was actually the range impact of the 20” wheels that turned me away from PP (especially with official EPA numbers unknown at the time of my order). I like the looks of the standard kit just fine, but may at some point get the calipers painted and/or get some custom 19” rims.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts