Polestar Forum banner

I'm so glad I didn't get a Tesla

13K views 138 replies 37 participants last post by  PCWright 
#1 ·
Let me apologize at the outset to any who happen to own one in addition to the P2, because I really, really didn't like the Model Y I rented for a trip. It was obviously roomy in the back, and I appreciate the efficiency and the charging network. But that common complaint about fit and finish—I get that, totally. This was a '22 with 24K miles, and the black trim around the windows was shockingly degraded. Granted, it was a rental, but the exterior seemed far too worn for a '22.

The doors had a hollow, unsatisfying clang when you shut them. The seats were comfortable enough, but the seat bases were covered with a thin, flexible piece of plastic. The side mirrors sounded like they were on their last legs when retracting. In the Florida heat the AC was too cold at 68 and too warm at 69. The suspension felt squishy, and the car had phantom rattles and squeaks. The smart wipers were kinda dumb, and the door handles were annoying after a while.

All the way around it felt like it had been slapped together. IMHO the P2 is just a way more premium vehicle.

#135 ·
Agree. My previous vehicle was a Panamera which had impeccable fit and finish with Performance to match. Then again, the options alone cost almost as much as a Polestar. It was not trouble free, the infotainment system was expensive garbage, maintenance and repair costs were staggering. In 50k miles it probably had $50k in repairs, fortunately all under warranty. Both have Napa leather. The PS is actually faster, better brakes, adaptive pixel headlights, a better infotainment system, and lower operating costs among other things. The Panamera was more comfortable on long drives with better fit and finish. It also cost more than 2x what my loaded PS2 did.

So yes, I woukd call the PS2 premium. Compared to the Model 3 or Y, it is downright luxurious despite being a bit cramped.

#136 ·
Funny, because I had a laundry list of premium features in my post and still forgot about one of the most premium features which you highlighted - the pixel LED headlights. Just shows how many exceptional features the PS2 has. And the Pixel LEDs are standard (at least where allowed in the UK) if I’m not mistaken.
The idea the PS2 is akin to an entry-level 3-series beater is crazy.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.