Polestar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

· Registered
2022 PoleStar 2 - Dual Motors - Void
985 Posts
You know what they say: shit happens. My wife's done worse. You can probably get that fixed at a shop

My wife's work:

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire

· Registered
36 Posts
You can probably get that fixed. I actually messed mine up much worse. So bad so they couldn't fix it and gave me the option to powder coat instead as the next best. So I ended up doing that. Painful lesson but I am happy with the powder coat too. Even though, I may still go after the BST wheels at some point.

Attachments

· Registered
2022 P2 Midnight PPP
390 Posts
You can probably get that fixed. I actually messed mine up much worse. So bad so they couldn't fix it and gave me the option to powder coat instead as the next best. So I ended up doing that. Painful lesson but I am happy with the powder coat too. Even though, I may still go after the BST wheels at some point.
Wow, love the look of those. I thought all black these would look too dense but they don't.

I've really started to like my black winter rims. Maybe this is something I should consider.

· Registered
MY23 Magnesium Pilot/Plus
20 Posts
Wow these look awesome!! Something I may have to consider when my P2 turns up :D

· Registered
268 Posts
Did this on Monday morning. It's irritating, but at the end of the day it's just a car, not my kids inheritance. Just have to deal with the inconvenience of having it fixed, and with diamond cut repairs it's typically a 2-3 day thing.

· Registered
MY23 Abandonware LRDM Pilot Lite Plus 19" Midnight
127 Posts
I had the top section of my Honda Civic's rear window smashed when it was parked, sometime in 2017 when I'd had it less than 2 years. I could still hear glass rattling around inside the rear hatch door, and even in the rear bumper, right up until October 2022 when I sold it (after getting my P2). Automotive glass is near impossible to fully clean up.

· Registered
2023 Space- P2 w/Perfor/Plus/Pilot
5 Posts
Those look good what was the cost to do that?

· Banned
1,236 Posts
Getting one’s rim fixed is sooooooo easy, and relatively inexpensive (depends on the amount of damage and where it is on the rim). Once fixed, I guarantee you that you’ll never know it was scraped up By a curb. About a year or two ago, I had my two front rims on my M4 touched up…cost about $150 for the two of them. Maybe $160 with tax? He came to my house, so super convenient.

”Rim doctors” are as prevalent in the US, as are “Dent Doctors“. Having these guys on speed dial is as essential, for those that want to keep their ride looking nice, as having a good, go to, dentist.

PS - If you don’t have one, check with your local Polestar/Volvo dealership…most dealerships have these guys on site fixing customer cars, or repairing used cars they take in on trade.

· Registered
2022 PoleStar 2 - Dual Motors - Void
985 Posts
  • Wow
Reactions: arne

· Registered
235 Posts
It's inevitable with the wide rims and low profile tires. I still glower at the curb rash on our wheels every once in a while but I worry less and less about it. It's a self inflicted first world problem really.

· Registered
10,874 Posts
View attachment 21610
Well, it happened.

“Babe, I think I hit a curb but it didn’t leave any marks”

We made it a solid 14 months without incident.
Last week my daughter took the car to get dinner and came back to tell me that she ran over a curb. I asked her if the tire was still inflated and she said everything looked ok. Of course when I go out to the car I find a small spot of rim rash :(. I told her: well, it's just a another car now😂. Realistically it's so small I won't even bother to fix it on a lease. Heck on my last car I did that twice!

· Registered
P2 - Magnesium - Charcoal - PP - tow hook
317 Posts
If it can cheer you up, a mark of affection of +- 50 cm (anonymous of course), parked for 5 minutes, estimated cost of the repair 500€, which makes us 100€ / min. or 10€ / cm :cautious:

Vehicle Car Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting

· Registered
10,874 Posts
If it can cheer you up, a mark of affection of +- 50 cm (anonymous of course), parked for 5 minutes, estimated cost of the repair 500€, which makes us 100€ / min. or 10€ / cm :cautious:

View attachment 21640
Although this was definitely intentional 🤬. I feel for you as this happened (was done) to my first new car when I was only 25. I had it repainted but that panel never looked the same 😒

1 - 20 of 31 Posts