Polestar Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Polestar 2, Snow, non-PP, Tow bar
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the middle of driving my PS2 today the indicator sounds turned off. I can't seem to get it back. I've checking settings and I cab see that all the volume bars are up at their default settings. I don't know if I randomly hit some button that caused it. Also, the Connect button near the mirror is no longer illuminated. Only the SOS button is lit. I can't remember if that's normal.

How do I reboot the system?

A turn car off and on have fixed the indicator issue. The light itself works. Just no tick, tock.

Regards
Kaustav

·
Super Moderator
Polestar 2, Midnight (blue), charcoal interior, non-PP
2,877 Posts
Rebooting the system is in the sticky (pinned) thread at the top - press and hold the touch button just below the top of the screen (a bit like a "home" button) for about 30s, past when it says about screen cleaning mode, keep holding it... and it will reboot the infotainment system. This normally sorts out all of these bugs.

·
Registered
2021 Polestar 2
615 Posts
In the middle of driving my PS2 today the indicator sounds turned off. I can't seem to get it back. I've checking settings and I cab see that all the volume bars are up at their default settings. I don't know if I randomly hit some button that caused it. Also, the Connect button near the mirror is no longer illuminated. Only the SOS button is lit. I can't remember if that's normal.

A turn car off and on have fixed the indicator issue. The light itself works. Just no tick, tock.

Regards
Kaustav
My connect button not illuminated either and does not work...this is not normal and I needed it today! I did try SOS button and erm called the emergency services by mistake....my bad!

·
Super Moderator
2,877 Posts
Oh dear :( Not good!

·
Registered
64 Posts

Regards
Kaustav
I noticed when the infotainment system is off the clicks don't work. Maybe resetting that as @rgledhill suggested will help.

·
Registered
182 Posts
My connect button not illuminated either and does not work...this is not normal and I needed it today! I did try SOS button and erm called the emergency services by mistake....my bad!
Are you also having 4G issues? The Connect button only works if you have a mobile connection (e.g. you have mobile reception and it's not been cutting out as others have reported).

·
Registered
64 Posts
Are you also having 4G issues? The Connect button only works if you have a mobile connection (e.g. you have mobile reception and it's not been cutting out as others have reported).
If this is true then I'm even more confused as I have the cross next to my 4G but can still use the connect button.

·
Registered
182 Posts
If this is true then I'm even more confused as I have the cross next to my 4G but can still use the connect button.
Not quite - I was trying to be careful with my terminology but 4G is not quite the same as the mobile connection for calling but if there are SIM/network carrier issues then that would likely knock out both the calling (for Polestar Connect) and the 4G. You could be in an area with no 4G reception but have mobile signal for calls etc. and vice-versa (depending on whether they use 4G calling or not).

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What network does Polestar use in the UK? If it's EE then I do know they are doing maintenance on my area and SMSed a few days ago to warn about potential outages.

·
Super Moderator
1,357 Posts
I think it's a roaming multi-operator SIM but it seems to prefer O2. Which is a shame because O2 is crappy where I live.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So I rebooted the infotainment system. All good. Except for one thing. The connect button is no longer illuminated. The SOS button is. However, if I press the connect button a msg flashes up on screen asking me to confirm if I want to contact Polestar. Just checking with you all, but the connect button SHOULD be illuminated, just like the SOS button, right? Maybe I got an electrical issue causing the illumination to malfunction on that button?

·
Super Moderator
2,877 Posts
Lots of people are reporting that it's not illuminated but there doesn't seem to be any obvious reason for it!

·
Registered
260 Posts
So I rebooted the infotainment system. All good. Except for one thing. The connect button is no longer illuminated. The SOS button is. However, if I press the connect button a msg flashes up on screen asking me to confirm if I want to contact Polestar. Just checking with you all, but the connect button SHOULD be illuminated, just like the SOS button, right? Maybe I got an electrical issue causing the illumination to malfunction on that button?
Ditto, reboot doesn't fix it - could it be the bulb has gone? I know - old school :censored:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts