Polestar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2022 PS2 DM Plus, Void, 20in Wheels
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone. I have had my PS2 for a few weeks now (2022 model, DM Plus) and on a number of occasions the infotainment system has switched off and rebooted. The main screen goes blank and the dashboard screen, which is normally google maps, goes all one colour then the whole lot reboots in about 3 minutes - during which time i have no music, no navigation, no phone or anything - on one trip alone it did it 3 times in about 100 miles. This, amongst other things, causes real problems when using the navigation as i just cant rely on it anymore. I have rebooted the infotainment manually but it still happens.

Is anyone else experiencing this problem and what did you do to rectify it?

Help!

·
Registered
371 Posts
I have read about people experiencing this, and as odd as it may sound, one of them claimed to have fixed it by clearing the cache (and possibly data) of the radio app. Sounds somewhat unlikely to me, but no harm in trying.

Go to settings/apps/show all apps and find the radio app, then click on it, choose storage and then delete the cache and the data (will cause you to lose stored stations I presume). I may have misremembered the exact steps to get to the app storage, but you'll find it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
When I got my P2 in October 4 I had a similar problem but worse. My infotainment system ended up in a reboot loop. It worked for a few min then rebooted again. They had to replace some hardware for the infotainment system and then it worked again. It took about 2 weeks to get the spare part. I got a P2 as a loaner while it was on repairs. 😊 👍🏻

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have the same as you and it's the IHU unit that is broken.
The screen lights up in a random color, all sounds disappears and comes back after a minute ore two when the system has rebooted?
The cluster does the same if you have Google Maps on there?

Mine is scheduled to be replaced the 22nd.
Let them know ASAP as the part, at least here, was out of stock and we've waited six weeks in total.
Tech showed me the procedure and it's quite easy for them. Takes about 1 hour he said.

Best of luck!

·
Registered
2022 PS2 DM Plus, Void, 20in Wheels
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have the same as you and it's the IHU unit that is broken.
The screen lights up in a random color, all sounds disappears and comes back after a minute ore two when the system has rebooted?
The cluster does the same if you have Google Maps on there?

Mine is scheduled to be replaced the 22nd.
Let them know ASAP as the part, at least here, was out of stock and we've waited six weeks in total.
Tech showed me the procedure and it's quite easy for them. Takes about 1 hour he said.

Best of luck!
Great thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
I’m afraid I have the same problem. It occurred on the first ever journey and has happened three or four times since. Screen goes green then black and then 30-40 secs later it resets and comes back. However I also have experienced separately the sound disappearing (radio, indicator, parking warnings etc), the active high beam regularly failing and issues where the car is charging to 93% when limit set to 90%. Ive also noticed a seal problem where the inside of the windows are full of condensation almost every time I use the car. I’ve only had the car two weeks and whilst I love the car, despite its faults, I can say I’ve never had so many problems in a lifetime of a car, that I’ve had in under two weeks with my PS2. It’s going to the local Volvo garage next week for investigation but it feels like the car should really be replaced. 😕 Any thoughts welcome.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I experience the same problem with my PS2 since pick up last week. Every 30 minutes, the infotainment system crashes and reboots. PS support suggested a Google Maps App fix by closing and restarting it but that didn’t work. Now they advice a visit to the Volvo garage.

·
Registered
Midnight, Dual Motor, with Plus & Pilot.
13 Posts
Yes I had the issue and tried resets it made no difference. In my case the infotainment did not work at all, with a black screen constantly. Have finally got it fixed with a replacement IHU unit, though this has taken polestar 11 weeks to resolve.

·
Registered
617 Posts
I’ve also had the same issue since I received mine on the 4th November. Mine is booked for repair on the 1st December, there are a couple of other threads regarding this, but Volvo have had similar issues with their other vehicles is what I have been told by the service desk. I wasn’t told which models they were but they expect this to be the same issue.

I will let you know more after repair.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yes, if you look at Volvo fora, there is the same IHU issue. One Volvo driver found a temporary fix while waiting for a replacement IHU: just use the pictograms for navigation on the driver display (switch to calm mode) instead of the map. Perhaps the faulty IHU’s are overloaded when rendering two screens. I’ll try this today. Even if the time between crashes gets longer, it’s better. The good news is perhaps that the techs now know what to look for when you bring in the car?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Just to update: Had my IHU replaced on Monday and the problem is completely gone.
The job took about 2 hours. 1 hour to replace and another hour to upload all software again.

All settings/profiles reset so you'll need to do that again.

Another tip: If you have rattles, make them have a look at that while the software updates. My tech did dampening tape all around the steering wheel column. That is now also gone and the car behaves just like it should. I can finally say it is amazing!

·
Registered
617 Posts
Just to update: Had my IHU replaced on Monday and the problem is completely gone.
The job took about 2 hours. 1 hour to replace and another hour to upload all software again.

All settings/profiles reset so you'll need to do that again.

Another tip: If you have rattles, make them have a look at that while the software updates. My tech did dampening tape all around the steering wheel column. That is now also gone and the car behaves just like it should. I can finally say it is amazing!
Glad that it’s a quick fix, my brother in law is flying in from Toronto a week after the car goes in and I want to to show it off to him lol. Luckily Volvo are giving me a loan car but don’t know what it is till I pick it up but if it’s a 2hr job probably won’t be worth it, by the time I get home or to work I’ll need to go and pick up my car, London Traffic seriously sucks only the P2 puts a smile on my face whilst I’m stationery in the traffic.

·
Registered
5 Posts
An update on my IHU crashing every 30 or so minutes: I have switched off the navigation mode on the driver display. After 200 km of driving with gps and radio on, the IHU remains stable. It seems to be a good solution until the IHU is replaced.

·
Registered
3 Posts
same thing happened twice to me when taking delivery of my P2 last week as well as about 5 more times over the next 24 hours. Our local Service Center has the vehicle and told me this morning they have been in contact with Volvo and believed they had software update that would solve this issue. I should have the car back later today so will update if it does in fact seem to be fixed with a software update alone.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I got my P2 back today and after over an hour of driving both the full screen reboots shown above as well as the glitchy Google Maps performance both seem to have been fixed with a software update. So maybe the latest software fix somehow supersedes IHU replacement others have been told they need? Gotta say i was more than skeptical but my Polestar space has all over getting this fixed for me. Even got to try out the free Electrify America charging and while going from 45% and 110 miles of range to 81% and 180 miles of range in 30 minutes isn't going to cause any jealousy with Tesla owners it did at least work with no issues and the price was right!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I got my P2 back today and after over an hour of driving both the full screen reboots shown above as well as the glitchy Google Maps performance both seem to have been fixed with a software update. So maybe the latest software fix somehow supersedes IHU replacement others have been told they need? Gotta say i was more than skeptical but my Polestar space has all over getting this fixed for me. Even got to try out the free Electrify America charging and while going from 45% and 110 miles of range to 81% and 180 miles of range in 30 minutes isn't going to cause any jealousy with Tesla owners it did at least work with no issues and the price was right!
seems it was the 1.8 update that fixed me

·
Registered
617 Posts
So I am sitting in Volvo Endeavour in Chiswick West London, to get my infotainment fixed, and apart from mine there are 3 other P* here all 71 plates for work to be done. As their owners are not here I haven’t been able to find out what’s wrong with them lol. Also assuming they are not on the forum.

Just seen a P* on display on the forecourt and it’s for sale, registered already etc, it’s a dual motor not sure of the packs it’s loaded with but must have the performance pack as it’s got the yellow callipers.

Waiting for my loan car right now.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts