Polestar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
4,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many initial miles did your car have on it? I can understand a few as the car is moved from factory dock to boat, boat to dock, dock to carrier, carrier to dealer lot, dealer lot to shop to replace inverter, etc. I might guess 4-5 miles MAX. But my car had 17 miles on it. That seems like way too much unless someone took a ride.

·
Super Moderator
Polestar 2, Midnight (blue), charcoal interior, non-PP
2,877 Posts
Mine was about 11 miles. I've heard varying values from about 9 miles to well over 70 where it was driven for delivery!

·
Super Moderator
1,357 Posts
I think every car I've ever had has shown between 10 and 20 on the clock at the point of delivery.

·
Premium Member
134 Posts
24 miles and delivered on a trailer. I wasn’t bothered as understand well within tolerance for new cars in general. I suppose it is a long way but will not blame the guys (and girls) at BCA in the UK as sure they have better things to do than hoon around and the novelty must wear off after delivering VIN 150xxx If anyone has an insight into the industry..please post.

·
Registered
Polestar 2, Magnesium, Slate WeaveTech, 19", no PP, Tow bar. Pickup end of December.
32 Posts
How many initial miles did your car have on it? I can understand a few as the car is moved from factory dock to boat, boat to dock, dock to carrier, carrier to dealer lot, dealer lot to shop to replace inverter, etc. I might guess 4-5 miles MAX. But my car had 17 miles on it. That seems like way too much unless someone took a ride.
Not using miles here :) but ours had 55km on it. It's not that far from where the boat arrives (Zeebrugge) and from where we picked it up (Gent).

·
Registered
463 Posts
My Purchase Agreement says it will have 90km on it (estimated) when I take delivery.
I hope it’s like wine, gets better every km driven before delivery!

·
Premium Member
3,433 Posts
20 miles. 'Seems high to me, too, but well, whatever.

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
12 - wouldn't shock me to find out they drive it from the factory to the boat yard.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Mine had 152 on it. It was driven from Oxford which is about 120 miles if you're generous.

I wasn't overly chuffed about it, but not much you can do about it.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Mine had 10 miles on it when I picked it up in Manhattan. I know the last 3 were a "test drive" they took after fixing some fault they had found.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Mine had 152 on it. It was driven from Oxford which is about 120 miles if you're generous.

I wasn't overly chuffed about it, but not much you can do about it.
Same - had 105 - and same feeling. Let Polestar know too, but under current situation just glad to get the car - felt a little like Father Christmas unboxing my Scaletrix before letting me play with my new present.

So, taking off delivery journey, thats about 15 factory miles on the clock.

·
Registered
629 Posts
When I toured the BMW factory in Munich years ago, they used to put every car on a dyno for a few miles to complete set up all of the systems and run tests. Perhaps Geely does something similar?

·
Registered
California
604 Posts
I've had new vehicles with 60mi even — a Mazda they swore was not taken out on test drives. But I've also had as low as 5 mi. The paperwork I got shows the 10xxx Polestar 2 I might get some day has 23mi on it.

I do know they’ve detailed it at least twice in prep thinking they were delivering it. And I'm guessing that’ll happen yet again.

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
<double post>

·
Registered
4,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Mine was about 11 miles. I've heard varying values from about 9 miles to well over 70 where it was driven for delivery!
My last car had about 90, but that's because it was driven from another dealer. So long as you know where the miles come from it's ok.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts