Polestar Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! I have a serious amount of inside wear, does anyone know how to adjust the camber? Is camber the main issue with this problem? Thanks!

·
Registered
Stickerless Thunder on 19's
659 Posts
Hi! I have a serious amount of inside wear, does anyone know how to adjust the camber? Is camber the main issue with this problem? Thanks!
I know exactly what you mean! I was thinking camber. I’d probably adjust it the usual way.
good luck!

·
Premium Member
1,037 Posts
I'm confused. Jnadherny? Do you already have a car? Where are you driving?

Camber, yes. Most likely. Wheel alignment also possible. On an older car, could be all sorts of things having to do with linkages and suspension.

·
Registered
Stickerless Thunder on 19's
659 Posts
I'm confused. Jnadherny? Do you already have a car? Where are you driving?

Camber, yes. Most likely. Wheel alignment also possible. On an older car, could be all sorts of things having to do with linkages and suspension.
I know exactly what you’re talking about @ProfessorCook. Older car...linkages....it’s full of suspension. Everyone please stay safe

·
Registered
239 Posts
I suspect shenanigans here....

Reactions: whiteco3

·
Registered
102 Posts
Very likely the camber. I took my truck in for tracking and alignment not long ago and the people there said that the tracking is out on most new cars as they measure point on the wheel during prosuction rather than doing a proper check of the tracking check before delivering them.

I'll check my tyres as I was doing the truck ones after they had extreme wear on the inside of both front tyres.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
If this is with your new car take it back to the dealer and have them realign the front end. A brand new car should not exhibit this type of wear unless you hit some massive pothole and shook the suspension hard enough to move something. If on an older car it's entirely possible that some linkage may have broken. Either way this is not a DIY job. You need very specialized (and expensive) machinery to realign the car, and you need a mechanic who's really good at that procedure.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts