Polestar Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I spoke with LV (Liverpool Victoria) Insurance this morning regarding insuring the Polestar 2 I have ordered.
Like all the other online car insurance comparison websites I have tried, the Polestar 2 was not listed. Hence my call.

The sales person talked to her boss and said they would not be insuring this car. I was a bit surprised as they do insure BDVs and quoted me for a Tesla 3 last week.

Does anybody else have any comments on this?

Greg

·
Registered
45 Posts
It's still too new for most companies. I ran a trial quote through Compare the Market and there were 6 companies quoting, and i guess this will increase as we get closer to official launch.
It was more than my Tesla 3 Performance insurance from a year ago, but the excess was a lot lower. I think the prices will fall soon

£480 fully comp protected, £300 total excess, 2 named wrinklies max NCD, 8000 miles p.a.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Nothing yet in the US, but I imagine it will be ridiculous given they have no history 🙄

·
Registered
56 Posts
Earlier on I checked with Liberty Mutual and State Farm and got decent rates. We have deals through our jobs with them so as usual YMMV

·
Registered
166 Posts
Earlier on I checked with Liberty Mutual and State Farm and got decent rates. We have deals through our jobs with them so as usual YMMV
I'm afraid to ask Nationwide. And usually they can't even give me a quote without a VIN.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Compare the market have got a few brokers quoting the Polestar 2.

Admiral came out the cheapest for us @ £442

Kent
51 years old
full protected no claims
£250 excess

·
Registered
68 Posts
It doesn't seem to mater for me ... no mater what car I've owned in the past 9 years, it's been £450-550 insurance. And I have a clear licencee with 10+ years no claims.

I think it's more where I live and where the car is parked at night. If the Polestar is more than my current Stinger I'll be shocked .. it's the same 0-60 but 50mph slower top speed!

·
Registered
166 Posts
I know it has to do with where I live, despite being garaged.

When you go to a new car it almost always goes up. Heck it goes up every year even with an old car :) For that matter, in over 40 years of driving I've NEVER seen it go down -- not even once.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts