Polestar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I spoke with LV (Liverpool Victoria) Insurance this morning regarding insuring the Polestar 2 I have ordered.
Like all the other online car insurance comparison websites I have tried, the Polestar 2 was not listed. Hence my call.

The sales person talked to her boss and said they would not be insuring this car. I was a bit surprised as they do insure BDVs and quoted me for a Tesla 3 last week.

Does anybody else have any comments on this?

Greg

·
Registered
Ioniq P45, E-Niro (Previously P2 and TM3)
1,087 Posts
It's still too new for most companies. I ran a trial quote through Compare the Market and there were 6 companies quoting, and i guess this will increase as we get closer to official launch.
It was more than my Tesla 3 Performance insurance from a year ago, but the excess was a lot lower. I think the prices will fall soon

£480 fully comp protected, £300 total excess, 2 named wrinklies max NCD, 8000 miles p.a.

·
Registered
4,489 Posts
Earlier on I checked with Liberty Mutual and State Farm and got decent rates. We have deals through our jobs with them so as usual YMMV

·
Registered
28 Posts
Compare the market have got a few brokers quoting the Polestar 2.

Admiral came out the cheapest for us @ £442

Kent
51 years old
full protected no claims
£250 excess

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
It doesn't seem to mater for me ... no mater what car I've owned in the past 9 years, it's been £450-550 insurance. And I have a clear licencee with 10+ years no claims.

I think it's more where I live and where the car is parked at night. If the Polestar is more than my current Stinger I'll be shocked .. it's the same 0-60 but 50mph slower top speed!

·
Registered
9,280 Posts
I know it has to do with where I live, despite being garaged.

When you go to a new car it almost always goes up. Heck it goes up every year even with an old car :) For that matter, in over 40 years of driving I've NEVER seen it go down -- not even once.

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
Parkers are now listing the insurance group as 46 for the Polestar 2.
Dumb ... my Kia Stinger is Group 41, costs £6k less, but can go up to 170mph ... same 0-60. Suspect it's down to thieft ... but add a pin code and no one can take it.

I suspect we will need to shop around in the UK

·
Registered
P2, Snow, Slate, PP, Hitch, Nextbase Dashcam, 20% Tint, Polestar, give us more regen. breaking!
536 Posts
Do any of my fellow Canadians have insurance rates yet? I'm with Desjardins and last I checked the only have the P1 on file.

1 - 20 of 106 Posts