Polestar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am struggling to get insurance on the Polestar 2 as a number of companies are either turning it down or insisting on plug and drive (which isn’t my first choice!). Any one have any recommendations?

·
Super Moderator
657 Posts
LV now have it on their system and are very "EV-friendly". Their policy includes a nice option where if you run out of battery, they will come and take you to the nearest rapid charger, free of charge! Definitely recommended.

·
Super Moderator
657 Posts
They're also competitive on price too. We have both our Kona Electric and Zoe with them, and will be using them when the Polestar arrives (to replace the Kona).

·
Registered
2021 Polestar 2
228 Posts
Agree with the LV recommendation. I am with them now and they added my PS2 to give a multi car discount. Due to the return of the car LV were also quick to cancel and refund. I will be staying with them.

They are also returned the cheapest on price comparison.

·
Registered
351 Posts
LV were competitive but not the cheapest for me. NFU were ok too. Admiral worked out a bit better.

·
Registered
4 Posts
LV now have it on their system and are very "EV-friendly". Their policy includes a nice option where if you run out of battery, they will come and take you to the nearest rapid charger, free of charge! Definitely recommended.
That's an about turn. When I tried to switch my then current LV insurance to cover my about to arrive Polestar 2 in late September, they had not heard of the car or Polestar. Had to cancel and move to Admiral. They were also unaware of the imminent arrival of the VW Id3, probably going to be the biggest selling EV in the UK, it was not on their list!

·
Super Moderator
657 Posts
Correct, they were hopeless in August/September time and I couldn't get a straight answer out of them about adding the Polestar 2 to their systems. Thankfully it seems they are now up to speed!

·
Registered
86 Posts
My existing insurer Aviva (we have 3 cars with) wouldn’t insure me because the car wasn’t on their list.

Went with LV in the end via Quidco (£40 cash back) only issue was I had to have a £750 excess £500 + £250 voluntary, never had it that high before.

·
Super Moderator
657 Posts
Really? Are you in a dodgy postcode area or quite young? I was quoted about £450 fully comp, £100 voluntary + £250 required excess (I think), protected NCD, hire car, legal expenses, etc etc. Sadly the Quidco cashback is only for new customers :(.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Not young, paid £424.00 including protected NCD (£384 after CB), adding wife brought it down strangely enough even though she won’t drive it.

Liverpool postcode probably doesn’t help, when I challenged LV over the excess they said it was because it is a new car brand?

·
Super Moderator
657 Posts
Interesting! I didn't notice that excess when I did a quick quote last night but it's entirely possible... I didn't take the quote forward as it's more than 30 days before I receive the car. Also looks like I didn't save it, which was a bit dense 🤦‍♂️ I shall have a good check nearer the time though.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I just got £400 at Elephant via Confused.com - it didn’t work directly(?). Fully comp. 7k pa mileage, 7 yrs ncb.

you can see my whole set-up (insurance, energy, charging at Electric Together :)

·
Registered
86 Posts
Interesting! I didn't notice that excess when I did a quick quote last night but it's entirely possible... I didn't take the quote forward as it's more than 30 days before I receive the car. Also looks like I didn't save it, which was a bit dense 🤦‍♂️ I shall have a good check nearer the time though.
I only took the insurance out 2 weeks ago and it has been playing on my mind as I only had £350 on my Golf GTE. I telephoned LV yesterday to get the excess reduced but they said it wasn’t possible so you may find their policy has changed since your quotation.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I only took the insurance out 2 weeks ago and it has been playing on my mind as I only had £350 on my Golf GTE. I telephoned LV yesterday to get the excess reduced but they said it wasn’t possible so you may find their policy has changed since your quotation.
LV for me was £800+!

·
Registered
11 Posts
I am struggling to get insurance on the Polestar 2 as a number of companies are either turning it down or insisting on plug and drive (which isn’t my first choice!). Any one have any recommendations?
I had an initial issue with NFU as it wasn't in the system, but they came back to me a week later with a £420 quote.
Might just take a bit of time with some insurance companies.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts