Polestar Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
P2 2021, Void, Charcoal, no PP, 19 inch
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried to change the intensity of the interior lights and the ambient/decor light. In the settings on the central display there are two sets of buttons to change intensity.
1) Ambient light intensity can be set high / low / off. When i change it i dont see any difference in light intensity. Seems not to work.
2) interior light intensity: the 3 options (high/ low/ off) are ‘grey’ and cannot be used at all.

Seems to be a software bug. Does anyone have this issue too???

·
Registered
479 Posts
I haven’t tried changing this via software yet, but - unless I’m recalling incorrectly - believe the physical wheel to the left of the driver display controls the more obvious lighting elements (the dashboard strip and shifter console) in addition to the driver and center display brightness. The Ambient Lighting control should affect the lighted outlines around individual cabin lights. And it’s possible that interior lights need to be on, or the car in Park, to access those options if it wasn’t the case. Haven’t tried that one though.

·
Registered
770 Posts
I tried to change the intensity of the interior lights and the ambient/decor light. In the settings on the central display there are two sets of buttons to change intensity.
1) Ambient light intensity can be set high / low / off. When i change it i dont see any difference in light intensity. Seems not to work.
2) interior light intensity: the 3 options (high/ low/ off) are ‘grey’ and cannot be used at all.

Seems to be a software bug. Does anyone have this issue too???

The Ambient light intensity works for me, but the difference is very minor.

The interior light intensity can only be adjusted at night, IIRC.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I know about the wheel and that is functioning. But i am still wondering why in the settings the intensity settings dont work

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I will try again after dinner now it is dark. Did not know that about needing to be dark to function 😁

·
Registered
Polestar 2 (Thunder/Slate)
867 Posts
I will try again after dinner now it is dark. Did not know that about needing to be dark to function 😁
i was wondering why it’s sometimes greyd out and sometimes not!

that’s a weird thing to do

·
Premium Member
3,429 Posts
It works for me, but it's subtle. There are a couple of tiny leds up near the connect and SOS buttons. They project down towards the center console. I think it's only these that are adjusted.

Reactions: Mick

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
I checked it again in the dark now:
1) Moodlight are 4 small lights on the ceiling, 2 above frontseats, 2 above backseats. In the centeal display settings you indeed can use the three intensities high/low/off and also the wheel can effect the intensity
2) the buttons for interior light intensity still stay greyed, even in the dark now, so i cannot use them. Maybe i forget to set something else first before they can function?? (Edit: i checked it only when in P, not in D so checked it again and that appeared to be the trick. Works only in D or R)
3) i assumed i could change the intensity of the lightstripe under de dashboard and around the pianoblack console (which i call ambient light), but i cannot change that at all (Edit: this appears to be part of the interior light and can also only be adjusted in D or R)
Thanks for the suggestions!!

Reactions: Mick

·
Registered
P2, Snow, Slate, PP, Hitch, Nextbase Dashcam, 20% Tint, Polestar, give us more regen. breaking!
301 Posts
I'm getting adjustment from the wheel for the ambient lighting but I notice when the sun rises and my display switches over to daytime illumination my drive display is CRAZY bright. Anyone know how to change the brightness of the driver and centre console displays?

·
Super Moderator
1,354 Posts
Yep, it's absolutely insane and there's no way of adjusting it. I've complained a few times to Customer Service about this. The more people that moan about it, the more chance of it getting resolved.

I think it's actually dangerous - it is absolutely blindingly bright.

My post-COVID solution is to throw a facemask over the sensor (it's the little hump in front of the centre speaker on the dahsboard).

·
Registered
P2, Snow, Slate, PP, Hitch, Nextbase Dashcam, 20% Tint, Polestar, give us more regen. breaking!
301 Posts
Our Kia Soul EV has the same problem.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts