Polestar Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did not see a thread about this but I had the opportunity to compare Plus vs non-Plus packages in detail.

Here are the additional lights included with "High Level Illumination" in the Plus pack (2022 example):
  • under fabric trim illuminating Ash Deco
  • under centre display illuminating wireless charger
  • in glove box
  • illuminating all door pockets
  • illuminating all door release handles
  • around piano black trim around shifter
  • under front doors when open
  • extra light on inside of trunk lid and on right side

Included with Mid Level and High Level:
  • all footwells
  • all exterior door handles
  • left side of trunk

All of the above are dimmed with "interior" light level control (Off, Low, High)

Mood lighting is only the four tiny LEDs in the ceiling consoles next to the four reading lights.

If I missed anything, let me know and I'll update this post for future reference.

·
Registered
5 Posts
A quick question - are we able to add any of the extra lights to cars without Plus pack?

I took the door card off and there are no spare wires, but in the boot/trunk there are blanks in the lid and the right hand side carpet that pull out but no obvious wires behind them to connect lights to. Has anyone had this apart to see if we can easily add the extra lights?

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A quick question - are we able to add any of the extra lights to cars without Plus pack?

I took the door card off and there are no spare wires, but in the boot/trunk there are blanks in the lid and the right hand side carpet that pull out but no obvious wires behind them to connect lights to. Has anyone had this apart to see if we can easily add the extra lights?
I have and you would have to splice into the harness or run separate 12V from somewhere. There is a blank for the light, but there's no harness connector to simply plug into. Maybe a better improvement would be to make that one trunk light brighter...

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have and you would have to splice into the harness or run separate 12V from somewhere. There is a blank for the light, but there's no harness connector to simply plug into. Maybe a better improvement would be to make that one trunk light brighter...
What and where did you add lights? I’m curious to add some. I have been looking on the pictures from the console wrap and see how easy would be to add a strip of new lights, the cars with no plus package have the same plastic trim just without the led strip, and the wire. But I’m still wondering if there is a tucked harness there that would provide power. I guess a good place to tap and still have control of brightness would be the good well lights. What type of lights did you use?

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What and where did you add lights? I’m curious to add some. I have been looking on the pictures from the console wrap and see how easy would be to add a strip of new lights, the cars with no plus package have the same plastic trim just without the led strip, and the wire. But I’m still wondering if there is a tucked harness there that would provide power. I guess a good place to tap and still have control of brightness would be the good well lights. What type of lights did you use?
No, I did not make any modifications nor do I recommend splicing of harnessing.

·
Registered
SLR in Midnight. Slate & Sunroof ( On order, still driving my VW Scirroco
97 Posts
Did not see a thread about this but I had the opportunity to compare Plus vs non-Plus packages in detail.

Here are the additional lights included with "High Level Illumination" in the Plus pack (2022 example):
  • under fabric trim illuminating Ash Deco
  • under centre display illuminating wireless charger
  • in glove box
  • illuminating all door pockets
  • illuminating all door release handles
  • around piano black trim around shifter
  • under front doors when open
  • extra light on inside of trunk lid and on right side

Included with Mid Level and High Level:
  • all footwells
  • all exterior door handles
  • left side of trunk

All of the above are dimmed with "interior" light level control (Off, Low, High)

Mood lighting is only the four tiny LEDs in the ceiling consoles next to the four reading lights.

If I missed anything, let me know and I'll update this post for future reference.
Can you turn on these lights whenever you fancy, for example on darker days or just before it starts to get dark because I want to enjoy it but will hardly ever use the car at night.

·
Registered
LRDM Midnight Blue, Pilot & Plus packs
139 Posts
Can you turn on these lights whenever you fancy, for example on darker days or just before it starts to get dark because I want to enjoy it but will hardly ever use the car at night.
No, but I think you can dim them like you can with the other display lighting, will have to check to be 100% sure when I am next driving in the dark

Edit. no you cannot dim them, or the footwell lights, just tried, you can only dim the centre and driver displays, unless there is another way of doing it that I have missed?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts