Polestar Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
My car has been with a Volvo dealership for two weeks following frequent and inappropriate initiation of the collision avoidance system. This software issue has been sorted. My car is also on the inverters recall list and i was delighted to hear today that they will be available from tomorrow. this must be good news for everyone else awaiting recall info.

Registered
My first post, but have been an avid follower of the forum for a while.

My car has been at the volvo garage waiting for the inverter fix for the last 2 weeks. Really pleased to say this has been completed by the garage today and they delivered my car back to me this evening. Didn't realise how much I'd missed my Polestar! All the guy could say when he delivered it was 'wow, that is some car!' hoping I don't see too much of him!!! So excited to be going out for a drive tomorrow 馃槉

My car is white, with charcoal interior, no pp

Registered
My first post, but have been an avid follower of the forum for a while.

My car has been at the volvo garage waiting for the inverter fix for the last 2 weeks. Really pleased to say this has been completed by the garage today and they delivered my car back to me this evening. Didn't realise how much I'd missed my Polestar! All the guy could say when he delivered it was 'wow, that is some car!' hoping I don't see too much of him!!! So excited to be going out for a drive tomorrow 馃槉

My car is white, with charcoal interior, no pp
Great to hear the recall work is starting to filter through. Let us know how you get on.馃槆

Registered
My car has been with a Volvo dealership for two weeks following frequent and inappropriate initiation of the collision avoidance system. This software issue has been sorted. My car is also on the inverters recall list and i was delighted to hear today that they will be available from tomorrow. this must be good news for everyone else awaiting recall info.
Did the dealership give you any information on the software issue causing the problem with the collision avoidance system? This has also happened to me and it was very unsettling to say the least! I informed Polestar Support but they couldn't suggest a specific fix other than have a service centre run the diagnostics.

Registered
Lol.....well, they won't be in Poole volvo tomorrow. Appointment was made 10 days ago for tomorrow but now told the parts won't be here until Friday. And maybe not then. Have now got Appointment for 8th December. Not a happy bunny but, fingers crossed, no problems so far......

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
Did the dealership give you any information on the software issue causing the problem with the collision avoidance system? This has also happened to me and it was very unsettling to say the least! I informed Polestar Support but they couldn't suggest a specific fix other than have a service centre run the diagnostics.
I haven鈥檛 heard from them yet but will be sure to post when I do. Why not do what I did; ignore support and call Polestar roadside assistance, tell them you are too afraid to drive your car, get them to collect it and leave you with courtesy car?

Registered
I haven鈥檛 heard from them yet but will be sure to post when I do. Why not do what I did; ignore support and call Polestar roadside assistance, tell them you are too afraid to drive your car, get them to collect it and leave you with courtesy car?
Thanks. My car is already with a Volvo service centre awaiting the inverter replacement. They also said they would look at the collision avoidance system so I was thinking that if you had any new info. I could point them in the right direction.

Registered
Discussion Starter #8
Just as a point off interest, my garage tells me that the inverters for my car have arrived but only one alignment tool. Apparently, the installation of the new inverters requires the removal of the rear sub frame and this needs a special alignment tool. Volvo have provided my dealership with one and as a result they will not undertake the work until the second one arrives which should be next week. The work will then take at least 2 days. By the end of all this they will have had my car for a month! I think I should qualify for a rebate on my lease payments!
In addition, my dealership tells me that the replacement inverters cost 拢6000.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts