Polestar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just FYI, iPhone 12 Mini will not charge on the wireless charger.

iPhone SE (2020), iPhone 8 and iPhone 11 Pro - all fine, but no go on the iPhone 12 Mini.

Don't know if it affects other iPhone 12 models or just the Mini.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Threats odd @stevelup, I can confirm iPhone X works but don’t have a 12 to check, anyone?

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Appears to be an Apple issue - multiple reports of the same with various cars / home QI chargers.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Interesting. My iPhone XR works

·
Registered
2021 Polestar 2
239 Posts
Has nobody got another variant of the IPhone 12 to try? I’ve just had a new 12 Pro and will be a little miffed if I can’t use the charging pad!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Has nobody got another variant of the IPhone 12 to try? I’ve just had a new 12 Pro and will be a little miffed if I can’t use the charging pad!
I placed my Iphone 12 Pro on charger during test drive last week and didn’t seem to charge. Did get very hot

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Believe it’s an Apple issue. Hundreds of people reporting issues charging in home QI chargers as well.

·
Registered
2021 Polestar 2
239 Posts
Right after some research it seems that a software update may provide the answer to this. I would be interested to know whether any iPhone 12 users are on iOS 14.2 before trying again in their Polestar? An update does reference this as a fix for issues when Qi charging.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Right after some research it seems that a software update may provide the answer to this. I would be interested to know whether any iPhone 12 users are on iOS 14.2 before trying again in their Polestar? An update does reference this as a fix for issues when Qi charging.
I have iPhone 12 mini with iOS 14.2 and can confirm it does not charge. What update is going to solve it on the phone or the car?

·
Registered
'21 2 | Palo Alto, CA
883 Posts
I have iPhone 12 mini with iOS 14.2 and can confirm it does not charge. What update is going to solve it on the phone or the car?
https://www.reddit.com/r/iphone/comments/jh3luk
Seems it's something about the MagSafe setup that's messing up placement or safety checks for the Qi chargers. Not sure if it's a software or hardware fix, or that I would want Polestar to 'fix' this by disabling a safety check if that's the case. More seems Apple screwed up this one.

·
Registered
2 Posts
https://www.reddit.com/r/iphone/comments/jh3luk
Seems it's something about the MagSafe setup that's messing up placement or safety checks for the Qi chargers. Not sure if it's a software or hardware fix, or that I would want Polestar to 'fix' this by disabling a safety check if that's the case. More seems Apple screwed up this one.
Thnx. Then I would like to place a MagSafe plate instead there, I bought one, however, it works only if plugged to the usb c slots at the back seat, not on the front near the wireless charger......any ideas? Does anyone know if I can lift that middel console and modify?

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I think people are jumping to conclusions about MagSafe being the cause. No-one actually knows yet.

If you haven't already, report it to Apple - the more reports they get of this issue the better!

·
Registered
153 Posts
The new phones are definitely more finicky with Qi chargers, however I’m happy to report success getting my iPhone 12 Pro to charge in the 2. The trick for me on placement is to put the phone on the charging mat with the FaceTime camera farthest from you and the lightning port facing you. I think the car has to be in a drive mode to charge the phone, and it can take a minute to appear in the center display after the phone starts charging.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts