Polestar Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At my test drive at Banbury today I noticed that there was an option to schedule a charge on the display simulator, though there was no such option in any of the cars. The staff did some checking and the “guy who knows” said it definitely should be available but possibly wasn’t there on the demo cars as they hadn’t been updated since they received them.

Can anyone with a recent delivery confirm that it is available please? A bit of a downer if I’ve got to wait for the app.

·
Registered
37 Posts
From what support told me it will be available on the app.
As it's a requirement for me. Lost confidence in their answers though.

·
Registered
P2 - Magnesium - Charcoal - PP - tow hook
104 Posts
Unfortunately not present in my car received this Monday. No app either (because of RGPD I was told). While the blue flashing of the charging trap should indicate a programmed recharging.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Not in mine either (arrived Tuesday). I suspect this will be part of the update scheduled for end of the year.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys. In the absence of a change between now and when my car arrives next week it looks as if I’m going to be switching from Octopus Go to Octopus Agile.

·
Super Moderator
707 Posts
Add it to the list of things that will get updated via Over-The-Air updates. Oh wait, OTA update isn't ready yet. So when they've dragged the car into a dealer to add OTA update, then you can have the update for scheduled charging.
This is rapidly becoming somewhat farcical. Fawlty Towers, anyone? :rolleyes:

If the car is limited to 3.6kW on a single phase (irrespective of charger and cable) too, then 4 hours is only going to add about 13kWh after charging losses, which is about 50 miles at best overnight!!

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Add it to the list of things that will get updated via Over-The-Air updates. Oh wait, OTA update isn't ready yet. So when they've dragged the car into a dealer to add OTA update, then you can have the update for scheduled charging.
This is rapidly becoming somewhat farcical. Fawlty Towers, anyone? :rolleyes:

If the car is limited to 3.6kW on a single phase (irrespective of charger and cable) too, then 4 hours is only going to add about 13kWh after charging losses, which is about 50 miles at best overnight!!
I’ve a tethered 7kW Podpoint so it won’t be limited to 3.6kW.

·
Super Moderator
707 Posts
It's not ... it's been proven. People have got 6-7kW on a 32A single phase cable.
Thanks - another kind soul has posted the link on the Facebook page. Phew!! :) (y)

·
Super Moderator
707 Posts
Thankfully the styling is a little more up-to-date than an Austin 1100! (and nice Basil the Rat reference - top emoji marks!!)

Reactions: I_Kent_Spelgud

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I just realised (duh) that a temporary workaround for the lack of scheduled charging, assuming you're on Octopus Agile or similar and a dumb 7kW tethered charger like me, is to reduce the charging rate in the car. I can then plug in at about 9.30pm and charge into the early hours and averaging out at a lower cost. Granny charger would do the same thing of course.

My OHME smart cable has arrived, just need the electrician to find me a window in his diary.

·
Super Moderator
707 Posts
I think, doing the maths, it will cost me less to charge at a lower rate including through the 4 hour period, than to change my EV charge unit from tethered to untethered and buy an Ohme cable. Good thought @hedwri about reducing the rate to help in this! We also have a Zoe which (as you'd expect of an EV) has timed charging, so staying with Octopus Go still makes sense from that side.

Reactions: hedwri
1 - 16 of 16 Posts