Polestar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which vehicles are being traded-in or sold by everyone here? Is this your first EV?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Yep first, trialed an e corsa last week. If thats what 130hp is like the 400 of polstar will be amazing. Cant wait to see the back of this 10 year old peugeot 207, just bought as just moved here a few months ago, to see me through.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I currently have 2 EVs, a 2018 BMW i3S REX and a 2016 Fiat 500E. My BMW lease is up in a few months and was hoping to be able to move into a i4 or iX3, but neither will be ready in time for me. I was also looking at the Mach-E and Rivian, but both are running later on delivery than I am confortble waiting. I refuse to buy a Tesla until they can make a good car. This has led me to the Polestar 2. I've owned Volvo's in the past so am confident in the quality of this product.

·
Registered
530 Posts
I'm with Feisty. My Volt lease is up soon so I'm hoping the timing works out. I'm not impressed with Teslas, and I've owned several Volvos. The Volt was like dipping your toe in the water -- now I'm ready to dive in with a full BEV.

·
Registered
28 Posts
SWMBO has owned a 40kw Leaf for 2 years.

Mine will mean we are an all EV household and it will be replacing a 4 ½ year old (fully loaded) Škoda Superb L&K.

·
Registered
36 Posts
My wife got her first Lexus hybrid almost thirteen years ago. I've been with her for the last seven years with two ( successive ) IS 300H saloons. Wonderful cars in their onw right - they never go wrong. I'm a bit surpised that Lexus, who have led for a long time in the hybrid world, are being so slow to introduce full BEVs. Nonetheless, looking forward to getting my Polestar in September.

·
Registered
92 Posts
My wife got her first Lexus hybrid almost thirteen years ago. I've been with her for the last seven years with two ( successive ) IS 300H saloons. Wonderful cars in their onw right - they never go wrong. I'm a bit surpised that Lexus, who have led for a long time in the hybrid world, are being so slow to introduce full BEVs. Nonetheless, looking forward to getting my Polestar in September.
Yup, my wife recently got a new 2019 ES300h, a really wonderful car. Quiet, smooth riding and extremely reliable. I'd love to see a BEV based on a 300h. That would be a killer BEV. It's too bad their so damn stubborn when it comes to BEVs.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Our Family car is An XC90 T8 and driving that massiv car on the small EM is just so cool. Beside of that we installed photovoltaics on our roof this spring so it is great fun to see that we are 95% standalone since then.
I am selling my loved audi S3 convertible for it. I absolutely hope that there will be similar amount of fun when driving through the alps knowing that there is almost no pollution and noise.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Yup the Polestar 2 is going to be my first EV. I've thought about buying an EV before like an e-tron a couple of year ago, but I've been waiting for the charging networks to grow a bit before pulling the trigger.

·
Registered
54 Posts
First time EV buyer.

Yup the Polestar 2 is going to be my first EV. I've thought about buying an EV before like an e-tron a couple of year ago, but I've been waiting for the charging networks to grow a bit before pulling the trigger.
I've been sitting on the sidelines for similar reasons and timing couldn't be better! My state just announced spending for 10,000 EV charging stations that will easily eliminate any range anxiety.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Let's see where those chargers are and how many are the relatively slow L2 vs fast L3 chargers. We also don't know what the cost structure will be.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Let's see where those chargers are and how many are the relatively slow L2 vs fast L3 chargers. We also don't know what the cost structure will be.
Cost is unlikely to be more than gas. And since 80-90% of your fillups are still done at home, the cost is almost irrelevant.

·
Registered
515 Posts
✋ My first EV!

I did want an I-Pace a few years ago .. was going to swap in my F-Pace for one, however when the prices were released the same spec I-Pace as my current F-Pace was £25k more!!!
Sorry don't have the kind of cash! So yup the Polestar 2 is now my first EV!

·
Registered
92 Posts
✋ My first EV!

I did want an I-Pace a few years ago .. was going to swap in my F-Pace for one, however when the prices were released the same spec I-Pace as my current F-Pace was £25k more!!!
Sorry don't have the kind of cash! So yup the Polestar 2 is now my first EV!
Except many dealers are now offering $20 000-25,000 off MSRP. :)

·
Registered
515 Posts
Except many dealers are now offering $20 000-25,000 off MSRP. :)
In the UK you might get £5-6k off one new, but I would be happy for used I-Pace if it ticked other boxes, unfortunately the I-Pace's tow bar is only rated for 45kg Nose Load, where I need one that's =>60kg, so that left me with either a Model 3 or Polestar - until the Model Y, CyberTruck, Ford Mach E, etc.. are released.
Plus having owned an F-Pace with the same entertainment screen/system as the I-Pace I don't think I could go back .... had more bugs than the local KFC!

·
Registered
530 Posts
Plus having owned an F-Pace with the same entertainment screen/system as the I-Pace I don't think I could go back .... had more bugs than the local KFC!
I think there's little doubt that the native Android integrated system will become the standard. Each manufacturer has been struggling with these info systems for years with mixed success. What Volvo has done is outsource it to someone who knows how to do it better than anyone else (Google). I have to believe this will become a standard. Then car manufacturers can focus on the things they do best.

·
Registered
92 Posts
In the UK you might get £5-6k off one new, but I would be happy for used I-Pace if it ticked other boxes, unfortunately the I-Pace's tow bar is only rated for 45kg Nose Load, where I need one that's =>60kg, so that left me with either a Model 3 or Polestar - until the Model Y, CyberTruck, Ford Mach E, etc.. are released.
They’ve taken care of most of the infotainment bugs via software OTA updates. Really the only issue remaining is somewhat of a lag when changing screens. For me it’s no biggie.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts