Polestar Forum banner

41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Polestar 2
75 Posts
Hi all,

Just joined today after spending hours reading up on posts before I finally took the plunge! I have had a real head and heart journey with my decision making. Until recently I had both a TM3 LR and P*2 on order due to delivery timelines and the need to replace my current ICE car reasonably quickly. I have been after an EV for years now but there wasn't that go to model until the TM3 came along and within, what I would call, a reasonable price bracket. After drooling for years this was the first car I ordered until I caught a review/post about the P*. This changed everything and made me have the two orders running.

After being told that I would not get a P* until at least Dec/Jan I thought the pressure was off only to be told I can have it in October. This is actually a month before I can switch. I have had to wrestle with what to do for weeks now but have finally made my commitment to the P* which I hope I do not regret? Like many posts I have seen I really did have concerns on the TM3's build quality, fit and finish. The P* seems to win this as far as I can see. Arguably the TM 3 does have the sentry mode and dash cam which I think would or should have been in this car, it's not like they didn't evaluate the competition prior to the build.

I do have concerns about the range difference but tend to only do short journeys of less than 60 miles per day and am having a Zappi fitted tomorrow at home. Perhaps this just means I should not get overly concerned as the odd long journey can be planned around the rapidly increasing charging network.

Having seen the list of issues from other P* owners it does elevate a sense of slight panic given that I have now made my pledge to this model and brand. I remain surprised that OTA updates and an app are not actually running yet and may not be until the end of the year....this seems like a basic feature when many other cars can be operated remotely and this has been the case for years (Mrs' F Pace 2018 as an example).

I just hope the long list of issues I am seeing are rectified before I get mine in early November time?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Yes the Polestar2 will be my first EV and also my first car with automatic gear. The prospected date my new car will be delivered is januari/february 2021. Hopefully the here mentioned teething issues will be solved by then. I will sell my Renault Laguna III GT after 12 years driving it. Looking forward to get my Void / Charcoal / no PP Polestar2 asap and have a new driving experience.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi all,

Just joined today after spending hours reading up on posts before I finally took the plunge! I have had a real head and heart journey with my decision making. Until recently I had both a TM3 LR and P*2 on order due to delivery timelines and the need to replace my current ICE car reasonably quickly. I have been after an EV for years now but there wasn't that go to model until the TM3 came along and within, what I would call, a reasonable price bracket. After drooling for years this was the first car I ordered until I caught a review/post about the P*. This changed everything and made me have the two orders running.

After being told that I would not get a P* until at least Dec/Jan I thought the pressure was off only to be told I can have it in October. This is actually a month before I can switch. I have had to wrestle with what to do for weeks now but have finally made my commitment to the P* which I hope I do not regret? Like many posts I have seen I really did have concerns on the TM3's build quality, fit and finish. The P* seems to win this as far as I can see. Arguably the TM 3 does have the sentry mode and dash cam which I think would or should have been in this car, it's not like they didn't evaluate the competition prior to the build.

I do have concerns about the range difference but tend to only do short journeys of less than 60 miles per day and am having a Zappi fitted tomorrow at home. Perhaps this just means I should not get overly concerned as the odd long journey can be planned around the rapidly increasing charging network.

Having seen the list of issues from other P* owners it does elevate a sense of slight panic given that I have now made my pledge to this model and brand. I remain surprised that OTA updates and an app are not actually running yet and may not be until the end of the year....this seems like a basic feature when many other cars can be operated remotely and this has been the case for years (Mrs' F Pace 2018 as an example).

I just hope the long list of issues I am seeing are rectified before I get mine in early November time?
The other thing to bear in mind is if you add up all the issues that PS2 driver have had then its a long list. The reality is that most of us have had only a small number if any issues. I have been an owner for 10 days now and its an awesome car. It is a little frustrating that all the functionality is not available yet and there are the odd little teething problems, but cars coming off the line now should have most of these rectified. You won't regret owning one of these I assure you!

·
Registered
86 Posts
The other thing to bear in mind is if you add up all the issues that PS2 driver have had then its a long list. The reality is that most of us have had only a small number if any issues. I have been an owner for 10 days now and its an awesome car. It is a little frustrating that all the functionality is not available yet and there are the odd little teething problems, but cars coming off the line now should have most of these rectified. You won't regret owning one of these I assure you!
Great to hear from a new owner, and one that has a positive experience in the main. Any highlights you have had? What about the range for you? I am due to get mine shortly and am getting excited.

·
Registered
2021 Polestar 2
75 Posts
Thanks for the reassurance. I’m sure the car will just continue to get better over time which is exactly what TM3 owners say around the OTA updates that they seem to get most weeks!

·
Registered
148 Posts
Polestar will be my first EV, replacing a BMW M4 that I recently sold. (We’ve also still got a 4 year old petrol VW Golf).

When I test drove the Polestar a few weeks ago it felt a bit like one of my previous cars in size, feel and performance: an Audi S5 (but much quieter and better tech of course!).

Reactions: ProfessorCook

·
Registered
14 Posts
Also my first EV, replacing a 3-series Touring.

Arriving on Tuesday morning; I normally only get this excited about a vehicle when I get a new motorbike 😆

Was a pre-booker for the VW ID.3 1st Edition, but in the end concluded too many compromises with the spec vs the cost of the lease - no compromise involved with the 2.

41 - 50 of 50 Posts