Polestar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi All,
Looking at the issues many of us are experiencing, here is a log you can all contribute to in order to build statistics and facts.
We all love the car but we can be frustrated sometimes or believing an issues is "big". As early adopters we knew what we were getting into but we may see a darker picture than what it is really due to our emotions or the fact that we "ignore" the silent majority. Hence stats/facts could help see better by putting things in perspective.

Some early stats (low sample but still something):
SamplesAvg MileagekWh/100mi MinkWh/100mi MaxkWh/100mi AvgStandardPPTow HooksNo issuesMinor issuesMajor issues
15103330504371%29%29%7%67%27%

Above VIN 053xx:
  • Consumption seems lower (44kWh/100mi vs 39kWh/100mi - average of both segment)
  • No major issues or breakdown reported yet
Data as of Dec-11:
UsernameVIN RangeMileageAvg kWh/100miTypeSoftware VersionRecalled (Y/N)Recall Done (Y/N)Issues (None/Minor/Major)Issue summaryLast Update
@andygou023xx140030-50StandardNovember 1stYYMajor
  • 2 breakdowns needing recovery: 12v issue and inverter failure. Car off road for 35 days in total.
Issues all now resolved:
  • headlamps needed realignment
  • auto high beam not working
  • missing jack etc.
  • 80% charging limit overshot
  • heated seats/steering wheel switches slow to respond
  • loose rear windows
  • various occasional warning messages
  • centre console trim scratched on delivery
Current issues
  • 4G connectivity failed
  • manual pages are blank
  • traffic sign recognition often inaccurate
11-Dec-2020
@Lambo029xx135045-48PP, Tow HookNovember 1stYYMajor
  • 3 recalls (software, inverters and HVCH)
  • Breakdown, recovery to garage, 12v issue
9-Dec-2020
@968mike035xx200035-48StandardOctober 1stYYMajor
  • Recalls : software, inverters and HVCH, all done at same time.
  • Breakdown : yes, recovery to garage, 12v issue, replaced BCM as well as recall stuff.
  • Issues: Major due to breakdown, driver's manual not drilling down after update, occasional 4G loss. No jack/wheel brace/1st aid kit on delivery.
9-Dec-2020
@dave051xx150048StandardNovember 1stYYMajorBreakdown:
  • 12v battery fault. Towed away & kept at Volvo 5 days. Turned out to be a loose battery connection.
  • car thinking charging when not syndrome. Mobile technician resolved after 45 mins.
Issues:
  • Scheduled heating doesn’t work if multiple times set. Mostly resolved if limit to 1 schedule at a time. Reported to Volvo.....
  • Condensation in 1 front headlight & both rear. Further monitoring required.
10-Dec-2020
@Loggia053xx1250--November 1stYYMinor
  • 12v battery low warning, camera not working, headlamp service required and lost 4G connection. All seemed to of self healed so no real issue as far as I am concerned.
10-Dec-2020
@DMan059xx50045StandardNovember 1stYYMinor
  • 16A 3P charging cable not optimal for 7.4kW Home wall charger, should really come with 32A 1/3P Cable.
  • 12v error displayed twice
  • Parking brake error twice
  • Hey Google very slow to respond for first couple of minutes at startup
  • play in rear windows
  • cameras occasionally do not come on
  • "Greyed out" amp selector on charge screen defaulting to 6A.
  • Error messages all seem to "self heal" and were fairly random.
  • No error messages so far since latest software update and recall repair. No jack/wheel brace/1st aid kit on delivery.
10-Dec-2020
@MarkG47075xx200033-38StandardOctober 1stYNMinor
  • onboard Charger issue AC only. will be replaced when Recall is done Dec 15th.
  • Bluetooth stops randomly
9-Dec-2020
@fabrice087xx70041PP, Tow HookOctober 1stN-Minor
  • Camera sometimes unavailable
9-Dec-2020
@ProfessorCook09xxx32950.3 (driving in below 0 C weather at high avg speeds)PP, Tow HookNovember 1stN-MinorEqualizer controls have no effect. Things to try still.20-Dec-2020
@polerad10xxx60038-39Standard, Tow HookOctober 1stN-Minor
  • Rear passenger light stopped turning on once (self-fixed)
  • One-time instrument display errors upon startup that went away after locking up, waiting 10 min, and restarting
9-Dec-2020
@Mick11xxx155041 (1100 of the miles were 70+ in cold weather)PPNovember 1stN-MinorSoftware incompatibility with select EA chargers, will be patched in next OTA20-Dec-2020
@misterspam114xx43345.4StandardOctober 1stN-Minor
  • Temporary loss of 4G and GPS
11-Dec-2020
@GDank12xxx50038-39Standard, Tow HookOctober 1stN-Minor
  • 4G missing for two days
9-Dec-2020
@Terran124xx130039Standard, Tow HookOctober 1stN-Minor
  • back light for support call button on overhead, central panel is out
9-Dec-2020
@rgledhill15xxx8037.5StandardNovember 1stN-NoneNone20-Dec-2020

If you are interested, I'll add to this table any reply to this thread and slowly build statistics.
  1. Edit (9 Dec): Added data from Polerad, Gdank, Lambo, Terran, MarkG47, 968mike
  2. Edit (10 Dec): Ordered by VIN, added data from Loggia, Dave, DMan
  3. Edit (11 Dec): Added data from Andygou, updated overall stats
  4. Edit (21 Dec): Added data from

·
Registered
Non PP, Midnight, Load Bars
138 Posts
Hi All,
Looking at the issues many of us are experiencing, I am thinking if a log would not help to give a clearer picture. Therefore I am proposing a thread where I would collect data such as VIN (only the thousands), the mileage of the car, the type (PP and other relevant options), if any issues occurred (None/Minor/Major) and issues summary.

That would help making some stats per VIN/Mileage/Issues type...

I'll start with myself:

UsernameVIN RangeMiles so farAvg kWh/100mTypeIssues (None/Minor/Major)Issue summary
Fabrice08xxx70041PP, Tow HookMinorCamera sometimes unavailable

If you are interested, I'll add to this table any reply to this thread and slowly build statistics.
Nice idea, can we send you our data to add to the sheet?

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice idea, can we send you our data to add to the sheet?
Yes please :)
you can simply put your data in a reply and I'll update the 1st post in the thread with it. No need for a table, a simple list is fine.

·
Registered
864 Posts
It will be complicated, but can i suggest further columns to record recalls applied and the software updates applied. Both could have a bearing on efficiency and issues experienced.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It will be complicated, but can i suggest further columns to record recalls applied and the software updates applied. Both could have a bearing on efficiency and issues experienced.
Why not, extra data is always good. I am adding "software version" and a "recall Y/N" to the columns. I also believe in simplicity so lets not try to add all possible data points.

·
Super Moderator
Polestar 2, Midnight (blue), charcoal interior, non-PP
2,877 Posts
This is a good idea and might end up as a sticky (pinned) thread at the top, although I'm aware we have a growing number of those now!

·
Registered
2021 2
2,587 Posts
polerad
VIN 10XXX
ODO >600
Avg 38-39 kWh/100 mi
nonPP, +tow
Software Oct 1
Recall: Not needed per CS
Issues: minor

issues summary:
* One time a rear passenger reading light would turn on; remitted after the next turn off/turn back on.

* Another time when trying to start it (coincident with me being an idiot and letting air out of an already low pressure tire instead of pumping them up, tripping the TPMS warning) the car wouldn't fully start up and was left cycling through different errors on the instrument dash. After fumbling a bit, closed and locked car, walked about to be out of fob range, waited for 10 min, then restarted. Worked ok; properly filled the tires; then moved on - nothing like that has ever come again.

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
Gdank
VIN 12XXX
ODO > 500
Avg 38-39 kWh/100 mi
nonPP, +tow
Software: Oct 1
Recall: Not required.
Issues: 4G missing for two days.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
polerad
VIN 10XXX
ODO >600
Avg 38-39 kWh/100 mi
nonPP, +tow
Software Oct 1
Recall: Not needed per CS
Issues: minor

issues summary:
* One time a rear passenger reading light would turn on; remitted after the next turn off/turn back on.

* Another time when trying to start it (coincident with me being an idiot and letting air out of an already low pressure tire instead of pumping them up, tripping the TPMS warning) the car wouldn't fully start up and was left cycling through different errors on the instrument dash. After fumbling a bit, closed and locked car, walked about to be out of fob range, waited for 10 min, then restarted. Worked ok; properly filled the tires; then moved on - nothing like that has ever come again.
Thanks!

·
Registered
231 Posts
Lambo
Vin 0029xx
Odo 1350
AVG 45-48 kWh/100 miles
Recalls : had 3, software, inverters and HVCH
Breakdown : yes, recovery to garage, 12v issue
Spec: PP, +tow
Software: 1 Nov 2020

·
Registered
260 Posts
Terran
VIN 124XX
ODO > 1300
Avg 39 kWh/100 mi
nonPP, +tow
Software: Oct 1
Recall: Not required, confirmed by CS
Issues: back light for support call button on overhead, central panel is out.

·
Registered
Non PP, Midnight, Load Bars
138 Posts
Hi All,
Looking at the issues many of us are experiencing, I am thinking if a log would not help to give a clearer picture. Therefore I am proposing a thread where I would collect data such as VIN (only the thousands), the mileage of the car, the type (PP and other relevant options), if any issues occurred (None/Minor/Major) and issues summary.

That would help making some stats per VIN/Mileage/Issues type...

I'll start with myself:

UsernameVIN RangeMiles so farAvg kWh/100mTypeSoftware VersionRecalled (Y/N)Recall Done (Y/N)Issues (None/Minor/Major)Issue summaryLast Update
@fabrice087xx70041PP, Tow HookOctober 1stN-Minor
  • Camera sometimes unavailable
9-Dec-2020
@GDank12xxx50038-39nonPP, Tow HookOctober 1stN-Minor
  • 4G missing for two days
9-Dec-2020
@polerad10xxx60038-39nonPP, Tow HookOctober 1stN-Minor
  • One time a rear passenger reading light would turn on; remitted after the next turn off/turn back on.
  • Another time when trying to start it (coincident with me being an idiot and letting air out of an already low pressure tire instead of pumping them up, tripping the TPMS warning) the car wouldn't fully start up and was left cycling through different errors on the instrument dash. After fumbling a bit, closed and locked car, walked about to be out of fob range, waited for 10 min, then restarted. Worked ok; properly filled the tires; then moved on - nothing like that has ever come again.
9-Dec-2020
@Lambo0029xx135045-48PP, Tow HookNovember 1stYY (had 3, software, inverters and HVCH)Major
  • Breakdown, recovery to garage, 12v issue
9-Dec-2020
@Terran124xx130039nonPP, Tow HookOctober 1stN-Minor
  • back light for support call button on overhead, central panel is out
9-Dec-2020

1. Edit (9 Dec): Added data from Polerad, Gdank, Lambo, Terran
user MarkG47,0075xx, 2026, 33-38, NonPP, 1st October, N, onboard Charger issue AC only. will be replaced when Recall is done Dec 15th. Bluetooth stops randomly

·
Registered
436 Posts
968mike
Vin 0035xx, Delivered 7th October 2020.
Odo 2000
AVG 48 kWh/100 miles on short cold, 35 kWh on long run mixed driving, mild weather. Have had it below 30!
Recalls : software, inverters and HVCH, all done at same time.
Breakdown : yes, recovery to garage, 12v issue, replaced BCM as well as recall stuff.
Issues: Major due to breakdown, driver's manual not drilling down after update, occasional 4G loss. No jack/wheel brace/1st aid kit on delivery.
Spec: Standard
Software: 1 Oct 2020

·
Premium Member
3,433 Posts
This table is shaping up! Thank you.

I'd suggest sorting it by VIN number.

·
Super Moderator
Polestar 2, Midnight (blue), charcoal interior, non-PP
2,877 Posts
This table is shaping up! Thank you.

I'd suggest sorting it by VIN number.
Agreed, that would be a very useful way to track things being sorted or new gremlins creeping in...

·
Registered
2021 2
2,587 Posts
So I don't ruin the table's display, can we change my list of issues to:
  • Rear passenger light stopped turning on once (self-fixed)
  • One-time instrument display errors upon startup that went away after locking up, waiting 10 min, and restarting

thanks!

·
Registered
Stickerless Thunder on 19's
1,863 Posts
Hi I’m Dave
Vin 51**, del 21st oct
Odo 1500
Avg 48 (longest journey 35 miles)
Recalls: 1st nov software update & inverters I think. Volvo failed to give details of work done. Said they would send on. Not received yet

Breakdown:
1) 12v battery fault. Towed away & kept at Volvo 5 days. Turned out to be a loose battery connection.
2) car thinking charging when not syndrome. Mobile technician resolved after 45 mins.

Issues:
Scheduled heating doesn’t work if multiple times set. Mostly resolved if limit to 1 schedule at a time. Reported to Volvo.....
Condensation in 1 front headlight & both rear. Further monitoring required.

standard spec.Delivered with 1st Oct software, now on 1st nov.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts