Polestar Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
'21 p2 / void / oakland, ca
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
haven't seen anyone talking about this yet. starting from the day I picked up my car, I've been unable to change the climate control temp or turn on the seat warmers / steering wheel heater using the touchscreen. it works if i do a voice command ("hey google, turn on the driver's side seat warmer") but any changes I make using the touchscreen just snap back.

am I missing something simple about the expected behavior here? has anyone else encountered this?

·
Registered
2021 Polestar 2
615 Posts
haven't seen anyone talking about this yet. starting from the day I picked up my car, I've been unable to change the climate control temp or turn on the seat warmers / steering wheel heater using the touchscreen. it works if i do a voice command ("hey google, turn on the driver's side seat warmer") but any changes I make using the touchscreen just snap back.

am I missing something simple about the expected behavior here? has anyone else encountered this?
Have you tried to reset the screen by holding down at the bottom of the screen for around 20 seconds?

·
Registered
Oct '20 / VIN47xx. Void, Slate, 20"
554 Posts
Slightly tangential, but it always bugs me that the climate controls are only visible on some screens (e.g. the map), but not others (e.g. driving modes).

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Have you tried to reset the screen by holding down at the bottom of the screen for around 20 seconds?
i haven't, thanks, i'll try that

its frustrating - i see the numbers/bars increase in response to my tapping, but then they immediately reset back to wherever they were before i adjusted it.

·
Registered
436 Posts
i haven't, thanks, i'll try that

its frustrating - i see the numbers/bars increase in response to my tapping, but then they immediately reset back to wherever they were before i adjusted it.
There is a slight delay in adjusting. It may be that you think it hasn't worked and you have tapped to turn it off. Try one tap and give it a second to respond. It should work ok if you can operate it with voice control.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I think, she's referring to the AC temperature, not the seat/steering wheel heater.
its both, actually. i tap it, it responds, and then it snaps back 😩

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
this worked! shame on me for not adhering to the universal wisdom of IT: "have you tried turning it off and on again"

1 - 15 of 15 Posts