Polestar Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had the P2 for two days now and these are my initial thoughts:

Delivery and Handover

The car arrived with a driver and 70 miles on the clock, which was no big deal. There was 86% charge with an advised range of 230 miles. The delivery driver was polite, courteous and professional. As I had him waiting for over half and hour I decided to bin the time for handover and offered to drive him over to his colleague who was having a longer delivery experience in Harborne, around 2 miles away.

The only thing I would have liked to have found was where to pair my home wifi with the car.

First Impressions

I've never had a white car before. The car is certainly rather imposing when parked. The lines and the contrasts between the body colour with the black inserts in the wheel arches, along with the black A-pillar making it very striking to look at. It's not a curvy car, being really quite angular with an aggressive stance on the road. I like it a lot. As many have said the pictures don't do the car justice.

Inside

The cabin is spacious, and very comfortable. The lines are very pleasing to the eye, the comfort of the seats is very good. The screen is far too large for my liking and will most probably spend most of it's time switched off. From the drivers seat everything is very much intuitive, such as the stalks, the switch gear and the buttons on the door. A boot release button would be nice here. One other peculiarity I have noticed is that my phone constantly slides off the QI charger spot in the centre binnacle. Perhaps this is my driving style. I don't like buttons on my steering wheels at all. The 911 has none, with cruise on a stalk and stereo controls on the, well, stereo.

I sat in the back briefly and found it quite comfy with a good view out of the front with no issues regarding leg or head room. I'm reliably informed by a teenage girl that it's pog.

The boot is a good size. The divider is quite handy, although the parcel shelf is a bit flimsy and the pieces of string to lift are a little 1980s. The BMW solution to the parcel shelf is better, studier and easier to stow under the boot floor. It fit two Christmas trees with an adult in the back just fine. I did stab my elbow on the tip of a tree though! The foot wave to open the boot is not entirely foolproof so I'll stick to the key.

Safety

Living in a large city can be a little challenging at the best of times. The automatic braking and collision avoidance was tested quite well within 24 hours of the car being delivered. Emergency stop, dry conditions, was excellent.

Driving

Speed in the Polestar is effortless. Overtaking on a wet B-road was a breeze. I've not pushed the car too much yet as I'm still learning the balance. It feels heavy in the corners, however, I've not yet reached a point where it has lost traction.

The steering is a little vague, very much so in comparison to the 911 with hydraulic steering. I've tried all the settings and have left it in firm for now. The regen mode is left in standard as I've seen no reason to reduce it. I enjoy the experience of the similarity to 'engine' braking. I'm not entirely sure I would be as comfortable with standard regeneration if I were driving on snow or ice. If it gets to that point I'll probably put a set of winter tyres on.

Overall

It's a fantastic car and a joy to drive. I've experienced no issues of any kind so far and feel it's a car worth every penny of it's value.

Charging has been fine. I have no home socket installed yet and have therefore left it charging on the three-pin cable delivered with the car. Plugging in at around six and driving off around ten has given me plenty of range. I've driven around 150 miles so far.

I've probably more to say when I've had it a bit longer and once I stop trying to compare it to a 911. It's not an entirely fair comparison. Thanks for reading.

·
Registered
2021 2
2,587 Posts
Great review!

From the drivers seat everything is very much intuitive, such as the stalks, the switch gear and the buttons on the door. A boot release button would be nice here.
Just outside the steering column on the underside of the dash there should be a button to open the trunk/boot. Have to hold it a few secs.
That's also where a dial is to control the interior accent light and driver display intensity

·
Registered
Snow, slate, ordered Nov 2020, VIN 10xxx
51 Posts

Delivery and Handover

The car arrived with a driver and 70 miles on the clock, which was no big deal. There was 86% charge with an advised range of 230 miles. The delivery driver was polite, courteous and professional. As I had him waiting for over half and hour I decided to bin the time for handover and offered to drive him over to his colleague who was having a longer delivery experience in Harborne, around 2 miles away.

The only thing I would have liked to have found was where to pair my home wifi with the car.

First Impressions

I've never had a white car before. The car is certainly rather imposing when parked. The lines and the contrasts between the body colour with the black inserts in the wheel arches, along with the black A-pillar making it very striking to look at. It's not a curvy car, being really quite angular with an aggressive stance on the road. I like it a lot. As many have said the pictures don't do the car justice.

Inside

The cabin is spacious, and very comfortable. The lines are very pleasing to the eye, the comfort of the seats is very good. The screen is far too large for my liking and will most probably spend most of it's time switched off. From the drivers seat everything is very much intuitive, such as the stalks, the switch gear and the buttons on the door. A boot release button would be nice here. One other peculiarity I have noticed is that my phone constantly slides off the QI charger spot in the centre binnacle. Perhaps this is my driving style. I don't like buttons on my steering wheels at all. The 911 has none, with cruise on a stalk and stereo controls on the, well, stereo.

I sat in the back briefly and found it quite comfy with a good view out of the front with no issues regarding leg or head room. I'm reliably informed by a teenage girl that it's pog.

The boot is a good size. The divider is quite handy, although the parcel shelf is a bit flimsy and the pieces of string to lift are a little 1980s. The BMW solution to the parcel shelf is better, studier and easier to stow under the boot floor. It fit two Christmas trees with an adult in the back just fine. I did stab my elbow on the tip of a tree though! The foot wave to open the boot is not entirely foolproof so I'll stick to the key.

Safety

Living in a large city can be a little challenging at the best of times. The automatic braking and collision avoidance was tested quite well within 24 hours of the car being delivered. Emergency stop, dry conditions, was excellent.

Driving

Speed in the Polestar is effortless. Overtaking on a wet B-road was a breeze. I've not pushed the car too much yet as I'm still learning the balance. It feels heavy in the corners, however, I've not yet reached a point where it has lost traction.

The steering is a little vague, very much so in comparison to the 911 with hydraulic steering. I've tried all the settings and have left it in firm for now. The regen mode is left in standard as I've seen no reason to reduce it. I enjoy the experience of the similarity to 'engine' braking. I'm not entirely sure I would be as comfortable with standard regeneration if I were driving on snow or ice. If it gets to that point I'll probably put a set of winter tyres on.

Overall

It's a fantastic car and a joy to drive. I've experienced no issues of any kind so far and feel it's a car worth every penny of it's value.

Charging has been fine. I have no home socket installed yet and have therefore left it charging on the three-pin cable delivered with the car. Plugging in at around six and driving off around ten has given me plenty of range. I've driven around 150 miles so far.

I've probably more to say when I've had it a bit longer and once I stop trying to compare it to a 911. It's not an entirely fair comparison. Thanks for reading.
Wonderful review. Thank you for making the effort. My future P2 will become my daily driver to give my Porsche an opportunity to age gracefully. I too believe that the P2 is a great complement to a small sports car. Your post has helped me wait for delivery with anticipation.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Don't wave, kick. Works every time for me.
Thanks. I'll try that next time.

Great review!

Just outside the steering column on the underside of the dash there should be a button to open the trunk/boot. Have to hold it a few secs.

That's also where a dial is to control the interior accent light and driver display intensity
Oh yes! I found the thumb dial for the light intensity at least :oops:

Wonderful review. Thank you for making the effort. My future P2 will become my daily driver to give my Porsche an opportunity to age gracefully. I too believe that the P2 is a great complement to a small sports car. Your post has helped me wait for delivery with anticipation.
I can honestly say you will not regret the wait.

·
Registered
436 Posts

Delivery and Handover

First Impressions

Inside

Safety

Driving

Overall

The 911 is a totally different type of car. I have had several sports cars over the years and whilst I loved to drive them on a sunny day it was nice to get into a normal saloon when it was wet and miserable.
The 911 is a fantastic car and you now have the best of both worlds. Enjoy them both for different reasons, you are a lucky guy.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts