Polestar Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

Registered
P2 Moon Jan 2021
Hi chaps in westerham and expecting car Friday, so there be a lots of us around to south east by the sounds of it. Must admit after 4 months waiting was wondering if it ever would arrive, But the wait will be over soon 馃榾

Registered
Looks great. Just heard today that mine is due in 2 weeks time. I've also ordered the roof bars - were they already fitted, to did you fit them later.

Registered
Discussion Starter #24
Hi chaps in westerham and expecting car Friday, so there be a lots of us around to south east by the sounds of it. Must admit after 4 months waiting was wondering if it ever would arrive, But the wait will be over soon 馃榾
It will be losing the exclusivity at this rate :D

Registered
Discussion Starter #25
Looks great. Just heard today that mine is due in 2 weeks time. I've also ordered the roof bars - were they already fitted, to did you fit them later.
Nope, arrived in a box, it took me about 5-10 mins to fit and as you can see my existing bike rack fitted perfectly.

Registered
Discussion Starter #27
Yep, Thule always. I would almost say the roof bars are easier to fit then my existing ones

Registered
So finally two months after placing our order for our P2 in Void it has arrived.

I am not really a big wordy person but some swift feedback, the driver was really good, very friendly and knowledgable (although did comment most people he has delivered to have known lots and done lots of research).

Some key points:
  • No visible damage
  • First aid kit was there
  • Roof bars were there
  • Snow socks were there
  • Mats were there
  • 14 miles on the clock
  • 78% charge
  • Successfully paired my iPhone to the car
  • Driver said that the software was fully updated
  • 4G was working
Only obvious thing it is missing is the jack, but the driver said he is yet to deliver one with a jack included. Also, as far as I could tell there was no damage but it has been on a transporter from Oxford so a lot of stuff picked up from the roads.

Anyhoo, here is a picture of it...

View attachment 3049

Someone in Tonbridge is next with the same model and colour - good luck!!!

Loving being in the club now and looking forward to the first drive in an hour or so when I am dropping my bike off for repair (hence the photo).
hi there. I have just received my PS2, same colour as yours, looks amazing and loved the first drive.

I saw you had a roof rack, and wanted to ask if they came from Polestar, or after market. Are they easy to fit / take off, and could I ask how much. Need for windsurf gear and not sorted anything yet. Thanks. Leo

Registered
Discussion Starter #29
hi there. I have just received my PS2, same colour as yours, looks amazing and loved the first drive.

I saw you had a roof rack, and wanted to ask if they came from Polestar, or after market. Are they easy to fit / take off, and could I ask how much. Need for windsurf gear and not sorted anything yet. Thanks. Leo
Hey hey, yes the roof bars were from Polestar (I added them as extras in the original order, but I think you can find buy them afterwards also) - the general view seems to be that they are Thule rebadged. Really easy to fit, easier I think then Thule ones I have for my A4. And absolute integration with my existing Thule bike, which reinforces the position they are Thule rebadged. As for price, I believe they were 拢250 and were included in a box in the car - took me 5-10 mins to fit them (first time and no manual).

Registered
I have these on order with the car, as when we go on long trips we end up putting everything dirty or bulky in the roof box. Glad they are easy to install, my only worry is scratching the paint :(

Registered
Discussion Starter #31
I have these on order with the car, as when we go on long trips we end up putting everything dirty or bulky in the roof box. Glad they are easy to install, my only worry is scratching the paint :(
I did get (said teenagers as mentioned from other thread to assist) as the way it works left to believe that maybe the brackets "could" scratch the paintwork. Now, in the longer term that is less of an issue for me, but on day one - I did not want that!!! I suspect with some practice it could work fine. My only other observation is that I wouldn't leave them on all the time as the door rubber seems to mould around the bracket and I wonder what that could do longer term (I don't leave mine on personally as I have seen in the past it actually has quite detrimental effect on consumption figures). It is also worth noting these are the not the sculpted plane wing like Thule roofbars (maybe Wingbar Aero) but rather the more basic version (IMHO).

Premium Member
Oh they're Thule for sure. I never found exactly what model they were.

Reactions: smithers197

Registered
Hey hey, yes the roof bars were from Polestar (I added them as extras in the original order, but I think you can find buy them afterwards also) - the general view seems to be that they are Thule rebadged. Really easy to fit, easier I think then Thule ones I have for my A4. And absolute integration with my existing Thule bike, which reinforces the position they are Thule rebadged. As for price, I believe they were 拢250 and were included in a box in the car - took me 5-10 mins to fit them (first time and no manual).
thanks for the response. Will get these on order!! 馃憤

21 - 34 of 34 Posts