Polestar Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
126 Posts
Yuppp EA sucks a big one. I was road tripping frequently last year and it wasn't as bad as it is now. Whole sites are down, or some that show online in the app that are not really up. Then you get to certain stations where they are "going thru an update" and only putting out 50-60kw (or less)... for weeks. New EA hardware already failing.

Competitors to EA cannot come soon enough, they clearly don't care. EA feels like a half assed effort just because VW had to satisfy their fine for diesel gate.

I've been using EVGo where I can even though its paid, as there seems to be fewer problems with them

· Registered
126 Posts
I’m not going to defend EA, but this has not been my experience….either locally in Maryland or on my trip through Pa, Ohio, Indiana and Illinois on my way to Chicago, and back. Always found working chargers…no idea if all of them worked, at all my stops, and didn’t care, so long as there was at least one that was working, and open when I needed one.
Might be a west coast thing, more EV out here I am assuming. Its especially bad near cities since people want to use it as parking or get their moneys worth on the free charging, and there are only 4 dispensers in one station. Still many stations fully offline in California along major travel corridors

1 - 2 of 2 Posts