·
Registered
P2 Moon Jan 2021
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well what can i say, she finally here and what a beauty,

EB7A00F5-C345-44F2-B2FA-8E8FBDBC4FC3.jpeg
DDBEAA78-7C59-47FD-9CA8-499AA370C254.jpeg

She is fantastic, the drive and handling are great, speeeed well say no more, i did not have long in her but could not stop smiling. Worth taking the days off, and more importantly could not, not have.

Brief day and why best to take the day off.

Woke up at 5am (but i normally wake at 5.30 anyway) still extra half hour of anticipation, quick indoor bike ride, 1st breakfast, sort out pit for clearing today, 9.30 still no call, help chap up road get his llama back into field, good deed of the day,
10am still nothing send email to CS to ask if they know schedule of delivery.
10.30 made coffee and started 2nd breakfast, Sam phoned to say driver 4 miles away, forgot coffee and breakfast ran outside to see arrival (like a kid at Christmas) and ensure stop is safe place.
Chris lovely chap full of smiles and praise for the car, unloaded and put onto my drive. Apologised for not being able to do the hand over and Dave would be an hour behind him. 11.30 Dave left (thank you Dave)

i then started checking car, taking pics and sending to anyone not bored of me and telling them my car was arriving, and all but a tiny scratch on the font all good, No Jack, but every thing else ok, 91% charged, 14 miles on clock, so plugged in with wall charger, the car said green, but no completion time, went back to plug and amber, NOT CHARGING, ok pulled out plug and back in, WORKING. I plugged in then turned on power 1st time, which she did not like, seems you must plug into the car with power live.

12.15pm still no dave, so went inside for warm up Coffee and 2nd breakfast,
12.30 Heard car Dave was here, excited again, met dave and went through car making sure all bit there, all going well phone connected, iPhone 12 not charging, explained to Dave this was a phone fault not a car fault.
however not able to connect google, Dave asked if we can move car after a phone call, so after 12 miles around the block (large block) stopping a number of times but still no luck, phone call again but still no luck, Dave in the end said, its due to a update and should be ok in a couple of days, Dave did not look convincing, not was i, but will see, so no Google.
drove back to home, just as i was outside my house a chap walking his don saw my car and ran over to be “wow I’ve seen this on the net never seen one in the flesh it’s lovely“ at the same time as his dog jump up with his paws scrapping on the door. NOOO 😂, its ok no real damage we all laugh about it tomorrow (I’m sure).

it was now 2.30pm, and i still not had my coffee or 2nd breakfast, quick coffee, bite and back out on the road, just for the joy of it.

i could go on but enough all ready, if you get this far well done.

·
Registered
P2 Moon Jan 2021
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sounds like an interesting and exciting day. Looks great and glad you’re happy. Welcome to the owners club. There is no reason why your google account doesn’t work and am assuming it’s not a GSuite account?
Not sure about that, Dave had a google phone and could not connect either. Will give it a couple of days, but I’m sure a be playing with it over the weekend, and try again, thank you

·
Registered
Stickerless Thunder on 19's
1,871 Posts
Well what can i say, she finally here and what a beauty,

View attachment 3128 View attachment 3129

She is fantastic, the drive and handling are great, speeeed well say no more, i did not have long in her but could not stop smiling. Worth taking the days off, and more importantly could not, not have.

Brief day and why best to take the day off.

Woke up at 5am (but i normally wake at 5.30 anyway) still extra half hour of anticipation, quick indoor bike ride, 1st breakfast, sort out pit for clearing today, 9.30 still no call, help chap up road get his llama back into field, good deed of the day,
10am still nothing send email to CS to ask if they know schedule of delivery.
10.30 made coffee and started 2nd breakfast, Sam phoned to say driver 4 miles away, forgot coffee and breakfast ran outside to see arrival (like a kid at Christmas) and ensure stop is safe place.
Chris lovely chap full of smiles and praise for the car, unloaded and put onto my drive. Apologised for not being able to do the hand over and Dave would be an hour behind him. 11.30 Dave left (thank you Dave)

i then started checking car, taking pics and sending to anyone not bored of me and telling them my car was arriving, and all but a tiny scratch on the font all good, No Jack, but every thing else ok, 91% charged, 14 miles on clock, so plugged in with wall charger, the car said green, but no completion time, went back to plug and amber, NOT CHARGING, ok pulled out plug and back in, WORKING. I plugged in then turned on power 1st time, which she did not like, seems you must plug into the car with power live.

12.15pm still no dave, so went inside for warm up Coffee and 2nd breakfast,
12.30 Heard car Dave was here, excited again, met dave and went through car making sure all bit there, all going well phone connected, iPhone 12 not charging, explained to Dave this was a phone fault not a car fault.
however not able to connect google, Dave asked if we can move car after a phone call, so after 12 miles around the block (large block) stopping a number of times but still no luck, phone call again but still no luck, Dave in the end said, its due to a update and should be ok in a couple of days, Dave did not look convincing, not was i, but will see, so no Google.
drove back to home, just as i was outside my house a chap walking his don saw my car and ran over to be “wow I’ve seen this on the net never seen one in the flesh it’s lovely“ at the same time as his dog jump up with his paws scrapping on the door. NOOO 😂, its ok no real damage we all laugh about it tomorrow (I’m sure).

it was now 2.30pm, and i still not had my coffee or 2nd breakfast, quick coffee, bite and back out on the road, just for the joy of it.

i could go on but enough all ready, if you get this far well done.
What was the fella’s name? Dave?
I totally understand your excitement levels. I was good for nothing from the day I test drove until the day it arrived.
Drive it like a rational maniac!

·
Registered
P2 Moon Jan 2021
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just so I’m clear the car will not connect to a google gsuite account just a bog standard one. Many have set up a pure car gmail account to keep things separated.
Thank you Probably my lack of knowledge, i have another go tomorrow

·
Super Moderator
Polestar 2, Midnight (blue), charcoal interior, non-PP
2,888 Posts
@polester This is moon that you have ordered, and running on 19"s - gorgeous isn't it! :)

·
Registered
P2 Moon Jan 2021
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
@polester This is moon that you have ordered, and running on 19"s - gorgeous isn't it! :)
thank you Richard, you beautiful and she is Moon, but for insurance had to put as gold as they did not have , moon sand or champion which is closer, also like the door sticker beimng in blue rather than white.

·
Registered
44 Posts
The difference between Moon and Gold? The former is stylish 2021 and the other is tacky 1981 :ROFLMAO: . Moon is my choice, too. Or champagne, or titanium, two other colors that are close. It makes the car look very stylish indeed!

·
Registered
P2 Moon Jan 2021
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The difference between Moon and Gold? The former is stylish 2021 and the other is tacky 1981 :ROFLMAO: . Moon is my choice, too. Or champagne, or titanium, two other colors that are close. It makes the car look very stylish indeed!
Ha Ha yes agree Peter, and the wife chose also makes it much easier, Happy Wife Happy Life😂

·
Registered
P2 Moon Jan 2021
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Just so I’m clear the car will not connect to a google gsuite account just a bog standard one. Many have set up a pure car gmail account to keep things separated.
Hi Jon, please see below the problem as far as the hand over chap was telling me was there was no internet connection, does the X bottom left of the 3G & 4G mean this, as this simple i could not see in the manual,
AF536885-4459-47D0-9F82-90480C327C55.jpeg
DD2D48C5-3285-4394-8535-3E3C8B2409F8.jpeg

·
Registered
2021 Polestar 2
615 Posts
Yes you have no current internet then unless you can connect to WiFi or a personal hotspot at all. The in car manual will not work for other reasons at present and this is a known error for which there is a workaround. Hopefully if you use your car the 4G will return which will allow you to create your accounts.
You will be able to input your google and polestar account details.

·
Registered
P2 Moon Jan 2021
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yes you have no current internet then unless you can connect to WiFi or a personal hotspot at all. The in car manual will not work for other reasons at present and this is a known error for which there is a workaround. Hopefully if you use your car the 4G will return which will allow you to create your accounts.
You will be able to input your google and polestar account details.
Thank you i will keep trying, been for 3 drives so far but no change connection, i will try and connect onto WiFi, hopefully that’s will jump start the internet,

·
Registered
765 Posts
3/4G with the x means you do have reception, but you do not have an authenticated session on the network.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts