Polestar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been pondering an EV since the BiK change in April as my daily long drives, and 3K to 4K months are long gone. I've driven a few BEVs, including the ID.3, the Leaf and the e-Niro. Of those three the ID.3 was the most fun on a slippery roundabout. The interior and the controls are awful. I really enjoyed the e-Pedal in the Leaf. I would never come to accept the torque steer though. Of the three, the e-Niro was actually not at all offensive inside. However, it's still front wheel drive! One of my key criteria was it cannot be American as I'm unsure if they have ever made a good car. I have an irrational dislike of the Tesla and Elon. I'm sure he's a great guy, but he has that unsavoury aura of Goldfinger with a Twitter account.

The only time I've seen a Polestar 2 was when I cycled past one on the way to Warwick on Tuesday. I was doing 46kph on my road bike and the Polestar was coming in the opposite direction in a 50mph zone. I've never seen one, nor have I driven one. I've lurked on the forum for a few days and seen the multitude of issues that may come.

So, I've ordered a Polestar 2. With a tow bar.

I'm coming from a background of 'interesting' cars. By 'interesting' I of course mean a real pain in the arse, but they've always put a smile on my face. My current daily driver is a 911 C4 manual. Which I'm keeping. Obviously 🤷‍♂️. I'll take the roof rack and cycle carrier off though (y).

·
Registered
Stickerless Thunder on 19's
651 Posts
I've been pondering an EV since the BiK change in April as my daily long drives, and 3K to 4K months are long gone. I've driven a few BEVs, including the ID.3, the Leaf and the e-Niro. Of those three the ID.3 was the most fun on a slippery roundabout. The interior and the controls are awful. I really enjoyed the e-Pedal in the Leaf. I would never come to accept the torque steer though. Of the three, the e-Niro was actually not at all offensive inside. However, it's still front wheel drive! One of my key criteria was it cannot be American as I'm unsure if they have ever made a good car. I have an irrational dislike of the Tesla and Elon. I'm sure he's a great guy, but he has that unsavoury aura of Goldfinger with a Twitter account.

The only time I've seen a Polestar 2 was when I cycled past one on the way to Warwick on Tuesday. I was doing 46kph on my road bike and the Polestar was coming in the opposite direction in a 50mph zone. I've never seen one, nor have I driven one. I've lurked on the forum for a few days and seen the multitude of issues that may come.

I'm coming from a background of 'interesting' cars. By 'interesting' I of course mean a real pain in the arse, but they've always put a smile on my face. My current daily driver is a 911 C4 manual. Which I'm keeping. Obviously 🤷‍♂️. I'll take the roof rack and cycle carrier off though (y).
It's been a funny old journey for most of us. But I'd hope Polestar are learning as they go & hopefully you'll have a smoother ride.
And the car....it's the bollocks!!!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice to meet you dave!

Isn't the journey the best bit? Perhaps it was the head injury, but I do enjoy a little adversity 🤣. Pulling the trigger on the order was purely an emotional decision.

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts
One of my key criteria was it cannot be American as I'm unsure if they have ever made a good car. I have an irrational dislike of the Tesla and Elon. I'm sure he's a great guy, but he has that unsavoury aura of Goldfinger with a Twitter account.
1. I object, your Honor! Some of the classic muscle cars were "good" cars (for what they were).
2. I wouldn't be so sure that Mr. Musk "is a great guy." ('Don't know... 'just wouldn't jump to that conclusion.)

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Since when do you believe anything Elon says? If I did I might be buying a Tesla.
Furthermore, my sister works where she's tested twice a week. She's never tested positive in months. Yet the test is imperfect and there are occasional false negatives and false positives. The rapid test he used is particularly imperfect and one of the reasons the WH has been hit so hard. I'm guessing Elon probably has the virus.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
1. I object, your Honor! Some of the classic muscle cars were "good" cars (for what they were).
2. I wouldn't be so sure that Mr. Musk "is a great guy." ('Don't know... 'just wouldn't jump to that conclusion.)
1. Okay, I'll concede on the Shelby Cobra and that other one all the atronauts drove 🤷‍♂️.
2. I firmly believe that everyone is entitled to the benefit of the doubt, until proven otherwise.

EDIT: 2. Scratch that. Elon has, without a shadow of doubt, proved himself to be a gold plated tool 🛠

I'm so pleased I don't have a Twitter account other than the one for my business. Which I'm banned from using 😲

·
Registered
33 Posts
I ordered without a test drive or seeing in the flesh, and is my first venture to an EV. Even with the recall and little niggles, am not disappointed! Far from it!! Great car - enjoy and welcome to the club!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Also went EV for the BIK tax gain. My boss did the same and went Tesla, we ordered the same week in July - he is still waiting and confirmed for mid December delivery after initial promise of September delivery. Mine arrived mid Oct. Lease company had to give him a Model S loan vehicle to stop cancellation...

·
Registered
2021 Polestar 2
228 Posts
Welcome to the club @plavix . I’ve certainly had my own interesting journey but will be in mine shortly. If you see a thunder PS2 in and around Warwickshire parts then that may well be me....just look out for cheesy grin! In addition I have never been in test drive and the only one I have seen or touched was one I rejected on the 19th October from my very driveway! :cool:

·
Registered
143 Posts
I've never seen one, nor have I driven one. I've lurked on the forum for a few days and seen the multitude of issues that may come.

Welcome to the 'Ordered blind' club @plavix, I too ordered without seeing one or driving one and waited through the dark ages (summer) when (Polestar) communications ceased. But today my P2 was delivered, with tow bar, and I've just driven 60 miles home from work. You will not be disappointed! It's fantastic to drive, incredibly fast when you want it, yet refined in an unexpected way. The Tesla M3 I've been driving for three months, is fun to drive but nowhere near the P2. Without PP it is a comfortable, smooth ride, not as firm as the Jag F-Pace I had before, but solid on corners - like its on rails. Fabulous.

I ordered without a test drive or seeing in the flesh, and is my first venture to an EV. Even with the recall and little niggles, am not disappointed! Far from it!! Great car - enjoy and welcome to the club!
Me too @bradsin, could not agree more Great car (y)

·
Super Moderator
657 Posts
Ok which bits of Warwickshire are you guys in? I'm just south of Warwick... It does seem to be EV country round here!

Reactions: Terran

·
Super Moderator
657 Posts
Looks like there could be a few of us around then. Once things become sensible again, we should have a Warwickshire(ish) get-together at our local cafe :).

Reactions: jonspolestar

·
Registered
60 Posts

Well done plavix! I am sure this is going to be a great move!!!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts