Polestar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been off the forum for a few weeks, so apologies if I'm repeating info!! My car is coming back after a week at the service center for a squeaking noise (turns out $2500 dampers aren't exempt from issues!). The service person said they updated the software, which includes an update to Android 10! This update isn't on Polestar's support site (in the US) yet.... If I'm not late to this news and it hasn't hit anyone via OTA yet, a trip to your local dealer should get you up to speed. Looking forward to testing some of these out, namely the 360 camera, range, charging, and surround sound improvements. Hope everyone is well xoxo.

·
Registered
2021 Polestar 2 | Snow | Performance Package
66 Posts
I have mine in for a flat tire replacement and since it's in the shop, a software updateas well. Can't wait to try out the surround sound update and see the range improvement.

Reactions: joshuamj

·
Registered
Polestar 2 (Thunder/Slate)
867 Posts
I have mine in for a flat tire replacement and since it's in the shop, a software updateas well. Can't wait to try out the surround sound update and see the range improvement.
Nice of them to give you a print out of the release notes, they didn’t even mention to me they did an update, only noticed due to LTE replacing 4G.

The release notes are funny though, especially
“Ownermanual: Quality improvements”, it wasn’t even working before the update unless I uninstalled the webview update!

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nice of them to give you a print out of the release notes, they didn’t even mention to me they did an update, only noticed due to LTE replacing 4G.
I am so used to poor service (coming off of a Kia lease), when he told me over the phone they performed an update, a part of me assumed he was referring to the December update (which I obviously have already) in an attempt to make it sound like they're doing something special for me 😅 He offered to send a picture of what was done, we hung up, I assumed he'd forget, and he didn't!! I swear I am generally not a cynic - solely with car dealerships.

·
Registered
664 Posts
As far as I know, you are the first person in the United States to get the android 10 update. Please let us know what your observations of the new software are. Also, please go try to find a signet EA charger and see if it charges the Polestar. 🤣

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
As far as I know, you are the first person in the United States to get the android 10 update. Please let us know what your observations of the new software are. Also, please go try to find a signet EA charger and see if it charges the Polestar. 🤣
Dang, I'm just catching up on all the Signet vs. BTC vs. ABB drama 😂 Every charger I've used has been BTC or ABB, though now that I think about it....I sometimes have trouble connecting to EVgo chargers using the Chargepoint app, and after looking at their models for the first time, all the problem ones have been ABB....coincidence??

·
Registered
770 Posts
I think I got it yesterday too but my car and I are 1500 miles apart so I can’t say for sure. I’ll know more when my car comes home to Colorado this weekend!

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think I got it yesterday too but my car and I are 1500 miles apart so I can’t say for sure. I’ll know more when my car comes home to Colorado this weekend!
Wait, is it getting serviced, or have you not received it yet? I'm so behind 🙈

·
Registered
664 Posts
Well, let us know how the car’s behaving. Any EA chargers near you?

·
Registered
463 Posts
North America has actually a February 1 update now - just released. My car has to go in for leaky rear windows (water goes through from top), they need to recalibrate the closing. I hope this works since I found water not just at the interior of the door on both sides but even on the rear seats after a gently wash with bucket and (very weak) garden hose.
Mike at CS informed me in the process that he can ask the dealer to apply the fresh February 1 update.
My car got delivered with November 1 update end of January.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I had to send it back for service when it temporarily bricked.
I wish there were a dislike option :(

North America has actually a February 1 update now - just released. My car has to go in for leaky rear windows (water goes through from top), they need to recalibrate the closing. I hope this works since I found water not just at the interior of the door on both sides but even on the rear seats after a gently wash with bucket and (very weak) garden hose.
Mike at CS informed me in the process that he can ask the dealer to apply the fresh February 1 update.
My car got delivered with November 1 update end of January.
I may call them tomorrow and ask them to postpone delivery to update to this, if available! Thanks for the heads-up.

·
Registered
California
603 Posts
I am so used to poor service (coming off of a Kia lease), when he told me over the phone they performed an update, a part of me assumed he was referring to the December update (which I obviously have already) in an attempt to make it sound like they're doing something special for me 😅
This is literally what the service center here did to me. They told me they performed a software update — I was excited hoping I’d be one of the first in the US with the January update — but despite having wiped all configuration and settings, I still had the December software I had before. 🙄

It’s certainly possible they updated some firmware on some other components, but the infotainment versions were all the same as before.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts

The release notes are funny though, especially
“Ownermanual: Quality improvements”, it wasn’t even working before the update unless I uninstalled the webview update!
I legitimately cackled at that. Should say:
Owners Manual: It actually works now

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
This is literally what the service center here did to me. They told me they performed a software update — I was excited hoping I’d be one of the first in the US with the January update — but despite having wiped all configuration and settings, I still had the December software I had before. 🙄

It’s certainly possible they updated some firmware on some other components, but the infotainment versions were all the same as before.
Ahh that's annoying 🙄 I dunno where you're located but hopefully close enough to pop-in and have them update it?

I checked and they did update me to January. So far all I notice is the backup camera quality looking better than before, but it seems more laggy? I'm also coming from the S90 loaner I had whose video was poorer quality, so maybe my eyes need to readjust. The only visible difference is the 4G icon now saying LTE. I have some other testing to do this weekend so I'll report back 😈

·
Registered
463 Posts
I just texted the service center and asked them to check for a Feb 1 update - nothing! America the beautiful tardy!

View attachment 3739
I assume some of the dealers / service centres are not up to date.
I suggest you call Mike at CS. He emailed me the following on February 10 :
"There is a later software update (February) that was just released that will fix the in-car owners manual and offer several other stability improvements for the vehicles systems."

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
I assume some of the dealers / service centres are not up to date.
I suggest you call Mike at CS. He emailed me the following on February 10 :
"There is a later software update (February) that was just released that will fix the in-car owners manual and offer several other stability improvements for the vehicles systems."
The manual fix is in the January update... maybe he meant the Feb release timeline?

Reactions: joshuamj

·
Registered
463 Posts
The manual fix is in the January update... maybe he meant the Feb release timeline?
I don't know what he meant - that's hard to say. I just copy pasted what he wrote - for what it's worth. I'll find out when I get my update. I actually didn't ask for the update. My car has to go in for something else. He suggested to get the update.
He probably meant summer as well when he told me my car came with All Season tires.
And he also must have meant January when he told me long time ago that my car would definitively be delivered in September.
But, for anything else he's very helpful and does get back to you. Just don't know what to believe anymore.

·
Registered
2021 2
2,566 Posts
I don't know what he meant - that's hard to say. I just copy pasted what he wrote - for what it's worth. I'll find out when I get my update. I actually didn't ask for the update. My car has to go in for something else. He suggested to get the update.
He probably meant summer as well when he told me my car came with All Season tires.
And he also must have meant January when he told me long time ago that my car would definitively be delivered in September.
But, for anything else he's very helpful and does get back to you. Just don't know what to believe anymore.
to be fair, each time they’ve specified a timeframe like “Summer” or “X days” they didn’t specify on which continent or planet

1 - 20 of 26 Posts