·
Registered
Stickerless Thunder on 19's
1,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the UK under the Reg/licence number, the plates say -
Polestar Automotive UK Ltd
www.polestar.com
What are the variations country to country?
The car is so understated with its lack of badges & colour coordinated logos. I’d rather the Reg plates were anonymous & I may switch mine later, but at least the text is small.
Are any other national branches of Polestar putting their mark?
Pic stolen from @S1m0nc (without permission)

Attachments

·
Registered
764 Posts
In Sweden there is no additional text. Its not possible. You get what the one and only manufacturer makes for you. Its a standardised design with no possibility of customisation. No extra text, no choice of font, no branding. It is possible to buy a personalised plate but it's made to exactly the same physical standard as any other plate. The numbering standard is LLL NNL.

Swedish plates are made of stamped metal (steel I think) and therefore do not get screwed or taped on, we always use holders... Then there is the possibility for customisation or branding. Most often the removable strip for installing the plate is printed with the car brand or dealership name. I hate it, I specified to have unbranded with my last car.

Reactions: ProfessorCook

·
Registered
625 Posts
In California, they print off a temporary paper plate that I suppose could include text that is something like this, but based on @PolestarMG photos it doesn't say anything about Polestar on it. Our final metal plates come a few weeks later from the state and have no manufacturer or brand customizations.

Reactions: dave

·
Registered
Polestar 2 non PP in midnight
11 Posts
In Germany the first ones got their plates from the Volvo dealer where they were delivered. It was "Volvo [Name of dealership + city if dealership]". After several complaints they changed it to just black without any text.

·
Registered
2021 2
2,566 Posts
In California, they print off a temporary paper plate that I suppose could include text that is something like this, but based on @PolestarMG photos it doesn't say anything about Polestar on it. Our final metal plates come a few weeks later from the state and have no manufacturer or brand customizations.
Mine indicates "PLSR" and a QR code for more info. It also has the full VIN on it. I'd take a picture and send it but now y'all have convinced me that that would lead to all sorts of criminal shenanigans

·
Registered
50 Posts
Mine indicates "PLSR" and a QR code for more info. It also has the full VIN on it. I'd take a picture and send it but now y'all have convinced me that that would lead to all sorts of criminal shenanigans
You could colour it in 🤷‍♂️

·
Super Moderator
Polestar 2, Midnight (blue), charcoal interior, non-PP
2,867 Posts
I'm going to ask for the "green flash" plates in any case, but I suspect there's not a lot you can do about the bit at the bottom. As far as it goes, you can get anything you want put there. When I had a private plate made up for my Subaru years ago, I had "Scooby-dooby-dooo!" written there :cool: .

·
Registered
625 Posts
Ah, well his plate was slightly hard to read in the photo, or perhaps a difference between north bay and south?

·
Super Moderator
Polestar 2, Midnight (blue), charcoal interior, non-PP
2,867 Posts
Stoner alert 🚨
I'm probably the last person in the world that could apply to ;)

Back in those days, when Subarus were trouncing everyone else in the rallies, the Impreza Turbo was the car every kid, teenager and most adults wanted. It was an awesome car. Pity the reputation was ruined by morons in later years...

·
Registered
Midnight Charcoal non-PP Towbar
95 Posts
In the UK under the Reg/licence number, the plates say -
Polestar Automotive UK Ltd
www.polestar.com
What are the variations country to country?
The car is so understated with its lack of badges & colour coordinated logos. I’d rather the Reg plates were anonymous & I may switch mine later, but at least the text is small.
Are any other national branches of Polestar putting their mark?
Pic stolen from @S1m0nc (without permission)
View attachment 1968
the 'Polestar Automotive UK' on the actual plate is a requirement by law (the plate must identify the manufacturer or supplier of the plates), so if you went to Halfords for example to get replacement ones, they would say 'Halfords UK Ltd' or whatever their identifying mark is. Like @rgledhill I had some random phrase on my plates once upon a time but this is no longer possible (unless you source them from somewhere dodgy)...

·
Registered
77 Posts
the 'Polestar Automotive UK' on the actual plate is a requirement by law (the plate must identify the manufacturer or supplier of the plates), so if you went to Halfords for example to get replacement ones, they would say 'Halfords UK Ltd' or whatever their identifying mark is. Like @rgledhill I had some random phrase on my plates once upon a time but this is no longer possible (unless you source them from somewhere dodgy)...
Has anyone noticed the GB? We are not in EU anymore!

·
Registered
764 Posts
Has anyone noticed the GB? We are not in EU anymore!
No but the UK in the transition period continues to follow all treaties and rules as if it was in the EU until the end of the year.

·
Registered
144 Posts
No but the UK in the transition period continues to follow all treaties and rules as if it was in the EU until the end of the year.
So the numberplates may look different in UK January deliveries – I read somewhere (here?) that polestar would start delivering UK number plates with the green flash, which would be nice.

·
Registered
764 Posts
So the numberplates may look different in UK January deliveries – I read somewhere (here?) that polestar would start delivering UK number plates with the green flash, which would be nice.
My guess is there may be some remaining stock onto the new year with the euro stars on them, but soon after it will be gone. I would think that it will still be possible to get plates with the country on it just it won't have the euro ring, maybe even with a blue (or green) flash, just without the euro stars.

It's certainly beneficial to those who take their cars abroad to have it on the plate. You're required to show the country of registration on the car when driving abroad and on the plate itself is by far the least obtrusive. Otherwise the other option is to apply a sticker to the car body.... eugh

Reactions: rgledhill
1 - 17 of 17 Posts