Polestar Forum banner

321 - 340 of 394 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
I'd love to be able to confirm that I could do a test drive without having to haul to the SF PopUp just to see if on the off chance if I could.
I’m not seeing the LA space (or SF) on the public test drive link yet, however it does look like they’ve added a test drive “event” in NY. Previously, the only option available was a drive through the Manhattan Pop-Up space.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
353 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
The other weird thing he mentioned is how the ACC goes in increments of 5 and you have to hold it to get an increment of 1.
This is the Volvo way. Makes it easy to change your speed when speed limits increase or decrease by multiples of five.

·
Registered
65 Posts

An LA YouTuber drove the P*2. Not too much info on the car itself..... except he says public test drives are now running!!

I'd love to be able to confirm that I could do a test drive without having to haul to the SF PopUp just to see if on the off chance if I could.

An email to confirmed order holders would be an awesome way to communicate this sort of information, instead of randomly finding this on YouTube.
Just watched this video. I thought it was a reasonable review under the circumstances as it was just in city streets. Interesting that the infotainment has graphic equaliser functions with full control over the sub level separately from the bass control. The only really annoying thing is that they were both fiddling with their masks all the time so touching their faces.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Smoking Tires likes it. This one has some great POV shots of some canyon carving (with the Performance Pack)

·
Registered
517 Posts
This is the Volvo way. Makes it easy to change your speed when speed limits increase or decrease by multiples of five.
It wasn't the Volvo way in 2008 when I got one of their first implementations of ACC. This must be the new Volvo way.

·
Registered
64 Posts
2015 V60 Cross Country driver here. One press accelerate 1km/h. I must mash the button like a video game to gain speed.
Happy the PS2 gets the +5/-5 treatment.

·
Registered
517 Posts
2015 V60 Cross Country driver here. One press accelerate 1km/h. I must mash the button like a video game to gain speed.
Happy the PS2 gets the +5/-5 treatment.
I've never seen any car yet that has the +/-5 with one touch, and that includes the last 12 years of Volvos, GMs, Chryslers, and MBs. This is definitely a new concept, and I'm not thrilled with the idea. I like the ability to slowly creep up or down as I choose. And if I want more I push/hold more. I can see myself wanting to do that with the P2, not pressing long enough, and then going much too fast too quickly. :cautious:

·
Registered
28 Posts
I've never seen any car yet that has the +/-5 with one touch, and that includes the last 12 years of Volvos, GMs, Chryslers, and MBs. This is definitely a new concept, and I'm not thrilled with the idea. I like the ability to slowly creep up or down as I choose. And if I want more I push/hold more. I can see myself wanting to do that with the P2, not pressing long enough, and then going much too fast too quickly. :cautious:
Definitely not new. my 2017 XC90 works this way (as does basically every ”new“ Volvo released after 2016). I really prefer it. Much more frequently going up from 55 to 65 not 66 to 68 or something in between. It works quite well. You will learn to hold it down very quickly.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Definitely not new. my 2017 XC90 works this way (as does basically every ”new“ Volvo released after 2016). I really prefer it. Much more frequently going up from 55 to 65 not 66 to 68 or something in between. It works quite well. You will learn to hold it down very quickly.
I'm sure I'll get used to it.....eventually 😏

·
Registered
122 Posts
but no mention of build quality for some reason, which i'm sure is a big factor in leading us to make our decision to go with Polestar.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Also ... racing it against a M3 Performance .... WTF it's £10k more! I knew the review would be like this ...

Also One Peddle does work ... .he had CREEP on .... what a twat.

No mention that the lower floor in the rear is the balance for having a drive transmission, so yes middle tunnel ... but better leg/knee support.

Goes on about no games or youtube / nextflix ... but fails to mention apps can be added to the play store at a later date.

Really lazy research from Autotrader.

321 - 340 of 394 Posts