Polestar Forum banner

341 - 360 of 393 Posts

·
Registered
507 Posts
What a strange review. "The fastest Polestar 2"? No such thing -- there is only one. This is certainly a ridiculous comparison. They did the launch and brake tests in the rain which is also absurd. He doesn't even know what kind of tires the car has. Track mode??? Who cares? And how is that consistent with his final comment that the T3 is a good "family car"? And what universe is he living in to think the T3 has a nicer interior? He likes the P2, but just can't get away from his T3 bias. Totally bizarre.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Let's test the Fastest P*2 vs the Fastest Bugatti and see who wins!

As I said before, Autotrader voted the M3 the best car of the year. I also feel there is some favouring going on there ... or really lazy researching and writing.

Most of us here already know the differences ... but also Car Reviews where they just review as a Car or an EV really like it. Reviewers that have to have a head to head always are worse reviews and always end with "supercharger network" being the deciding factor - and never mention quality.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Let's test the Fastest P*2 vs the Fastest Bugatti and see who wins!

As I said before, Autotrader voted the M3 the best car of the year. I also feel there is some favouring going on there ... or really lazy researching and writing.

Most of us here already know the differences ... but also Car Reviews where they just review as a Car or an EV really like it. Reviewers that have to have a head to head always are worse reviews and always end with "supercharger network" being the deciding factor - and never mention quality.
In fairness too, reviewers are dependent on car companies for their business. So in a head to head they always have to say somethings good about each car. And even in singular reviews, they rarely pan a car completely. They always find something positive to say.

·
Premium Member
339 Posts
I enjoyed his review and am not put off by it. I agree he blew the fact that he had creep mode on and he didn't talk about fit and finish. One thing he just barely touched on was the heated steering wheel and I would love to see a comparison of the two cars for winter driving. I suspect, the Polestar 2 would win that competition hands down.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I enjoyed his review and am not put off by it. I agree he blew the fact that he had creep mode on and he didn't talk about fit and finish. One thing he just barely touched on was the heated steering wheel and I would love to see a comparison of the two cars for winter driving. I suspect, the Polestar 2 would win that competition hands down.
I couldn'tafford a 4WD Tesla, so yes winter driving was a big factor for me choosing Polestar

·
Registered
409 Posts
Honestly, when I was under 30 I would probably have favoured a Tesla. Pure accelation & gimmicks would outweigh build quality. Now at my age I like my comforts & reliability.
Now where's my pint of ale? Handled glass please.
In all honesty, if it was just me, or maybe me and mrs. p with no kids, I could see having just gotten the TM3 a while ago and calling it a day. It's cheaper for us, easy to get and service in our area, and is kind of the default around here. But kids basically negate all the supposed advantages of the TM3, and accentuate the disadvantages.

Zippy handling and faster acceleration are liable to make the younger one car sick.
Their potty and food breaks mean we're stopping every 2-2.5 hrs of highway driving anyway, negating the range/charging differences.
With kids I just can't accept the build quality concerns and am much more inclined towards Volvo's (and by extension Polestar's) brand of prioritizing safety.
Their size means the rear bench head-space and transmission tunnel is a non-issue.
The central bar of the TM3 pano roof is right in their line of sight, blocking their view.
And a hatch and powered lift gate are just plain better for loading/unloading all the kids' stuff.

There's naturally going to be variance of opinions and reviews.
For us Rory is plainly wrong (especially re interior quality/design; I mean seriously) :)

·
Registered
507 Posts
I've been driving with a heated steering wheel since 2014 and I can easily say this is almost a mandatory option for me now. I guess I have cold hands, and even in the fall and spring I find myself turning it on frequently. And in the winter unless I'm going to be outside for more than a short walk to a building, I don't need gloves anymore.

·
Premium Member
339 Posts
I've been driving with a heated steering wheel since 2014 and I can easily say this is almost a mandatory option for me now. I guess I have cold hands, and even in the fall and spring I find myself turning it on frequently. And in the winter unless I'm going to be outside for more than a short walk to a building, I don't need gloves anymore.
I got a heated steering wheel and heated seats in my last car. I remember thinking what a wuss I was to be spending money on such a silly luxury.

I figure I'm still a wuss, but it didn't take too many sub-zero mornings before I decided I would NEVER get a car without a heated steering wheel again.

·
Registered
507 Posts
I also had cooled seats for a few years and that was great too. But I've learned to live without them since :(

Next thing I want, but will likely never afford, is MB massaging seats :D

·
Registered
491 Posts
A HUD and a 360 Camera were my top priorities ... had both in my last two cars.

Decided that a HUD will be the compromise for the Polestar for me, as it has everything else I'd want.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've never seen any car yet that has the +/-5 with one touch, and that includes the last 12 years of Volvos, GMs, Chryslers, and MBs. This is definitely a new concept, and I'm not thrilled with the idea. I like the ability to slowly creep up or down as I choose. And if I want more I push/hold more. I can see myself wanting to do that with the P2, not pressing long enough, and then going much too fast too quickly. :cautious:
my Vw passat does it in 10kph increments with one touch and increases as you build speed if you hold the button pressed; it is a very good set up.

·
Registered
77 Posts
my Vw passat does it in 10kph increments with one touch and increases as you build speed if you hold the button pressed; it is a very good set up.
Mercedes & BMW too, in 5 mph increments. Works really well. If you want to fine tune it you can.

341 - 360 of 393 Posts