Polestar Forum banner

361 - 380 of 394 Posts

·
Registered
501 Posts
Back to the +/- 5mph on the Cruise Control ... this is a SHORT press ... a LONG press is -/+ 1mph.

Might be the reverse to what you are used to ... but I know I normally set mine to 75pmh then reduce to 65/50/40 depending on the current restrictions on the motorway.

Although for some reason my current car is only 1mph out at 50mph, but 5mph at 60mph or higher. Most other cars it's been % based. I swear they do this deliberately.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Opposite logic to my current car, but better as always multi-tapping to get to the 5mph increment. There's also a button on my car to match the current detected speed limit from the map or road sign... does it do that too? Take two presses too though...

·
Registered
501 Posts
Opposite logic to my current car, but better as always multi-tapping to get to the 5mph increment. There's also a button on my car to match the current detected speed limit from the map or road sign... does it do that too? Take two presses too though...
There is a Speed Limiter. The +/- on that works the same as the Cruise Control.

The Auto-Speed Limiter can be set to a max +/-5mph above/below the speed limit. I would guess it defaults to 1mph adjustment on this setting but have no proof it does this. Maybe someone can test?

The Auto-Speed limit uses the front camera to read road signs and adjusts accordingly. I would test this out ... as some reports say it's a bit too good and will as an example pick the signs on a slip ramp off a motorway. So it drops from 70mph to 50mph - a bit of testing will be required. I personally only use on back country lane roads where I'm not familiar with them and the speed goes up and down like a yo-yo.

·
Registered
416 Posts

Another TM3 vs P*2 vid.
Almost hackneyed by now:
TM3 - range, charging network, straight line acceleration
P*2 - interior/exterior design, build quality, Android Automotive, handling

·
Premium Member
350 Posts
I enjoyed the video. Well produced and charismatic presenters. I also note that, if all these different reviews are coming up with the same sorts of conclusions, well then... we've got consistent notes of comparison, eh?

(BTW, they didn't mention the display in the dashboard of the Polestar... the towing capacity, the adjustable dampers with the PP, the larger moonroof, etc...)

·
Registered
517 Posts
Back to the +/- 5mph on the Cruise Control ... this is a SHORT press ... a LONG press is -/+ 1mph.

Might be the reverse to what you are used to ... but I know I normally set mine to 75pmh then reduce to 65/50/40 depending on the current restrictions on the motorway.

Although for some reason my current car is only 1mph out at 50mph, but 5mph at 60mph or higher. Most other cars it's been % based. I swear they do this deliberately.
Sometimes my ACC is keeping pace with another car/truck in the next lane. I then like to be able to increase/decrease just 1 or 2 mph to slowly move away from them. Unlike how it's probably supposed to be used, after 4 different cars in 12 years with ACC I've come to rely on it way too consistently. I never get on the freeway without setting it, and I regularly use the buttons rather than my feet to accel / decel.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Another TM3 vs P*2 vid.
Almost hackneyed by now:
One of the best reviews I've watched so far... except no you can't watch Netflix yet... otherwise well researched and fair comparison. In the video alone you can almost tell just how more solid the P*2 is next to the M3, especially on the interior trim. Perhaps when they start building Tesla's in Germany and if they up their build quality and aesthetics (the latter being very subjective I know), I might be looking at a Tesla in a couple of years when my lease expires... and that is the good thing about competition.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I really enjoyed the review, but mostly because the P*2 that they used was my configuration: Void, Barley, non-PP 20" wheels........All my configuration-regret melted away with one review.
This Polestar 2 is one gorgeous car! And as early adopters, we'll no doubt be dealing with some aggravation, delays, and short/mid-term issues. But in return, we get to be the first to drive them.

·
Registered
517 Posts
I think distribution channels in the US are still a little lacking...or maybe it's just a function of the communication gaps they mention.

·
Registered
501 Posts
The list is totally dumb ... I would give a full page reasoning it's dumb ... but summary they didn't say what criteria they was using, apart from "Head this way for a roundup of our favourite everyday EVs "

1. Porsche Tycan
2. Tesla Model 3
3. Honda e
4. Polestar 2
5. Hyundai Kona
6. BMW i3
7. Tesla Model S
8. Mini Electric
9. VW ID.3
10. Audi E-Tron
11. Renault Zoe
12. Jaguar I-Pace
13. Perugeit e-208
14. VW e-Up
15. Kia Soul

·
Registered
57 Posts
I did actually seriously consider a Taycan - it's quite practical and as a company-car it was still not too expensive, but given reducing monthly costs was a big factor in switching to an EV, I couldn't really justify it. Plus my wife said she would have been scared to drive it (like with some of my previous cars), negating the point even more.

But yeah, agree not that "everyday" if you're comparing it to an e-UP or Zoe!

(Top gear can be entertaining, but I certainly don't treat it as serious motor journalism these days)

·
Premium Member
350 Posts
"Yes, on paper, it seems like the Model 3 has the 2 beat. The Tesla is slightly cheaper, has a longer range, offers a Performance model, and can be optioned with the very capable Autopilot system. But choosing a car is rarely a logical act, and being in the Polestar just made me happier. "

361 - 380 of 394 Posts