Polestar Forum banner

381 - 400 of 431 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
The P2 is a grown ups car, with style. The M3 has the P2 beat on range, speed, charging and infotainment, but loses out on build quality and support (UK anyways). If i was 25-35 I would probably go for the M3, but being a wrinkly it's the P2.
Personally i would not trust autopilot an inch in the UK.

·
Registered
567 Posts
"The bottom line is that Polestar is a high-performance gran turismo that just happens to be electric."

Polestar is expanding showrooms in existing markets and looking to get into new countries in Asia/Pacific and the Middle East

·
Registered
199 Posts
It's particularly pertinent as he has a Tesla Model 3 which he's very, very unhappy with (see a video last week) and he's extremely sold on the idea of replacing it with the Polestar 2. It'll be interesting to see what they do after they've reviewed it for a few days!

·
Registered
694 Posts
Everyone here already knows the pro's and con's of each car ... probably better than most journalists ... if anything that comparison is a little Polestar biased imho.

·
Registered
2021 Polestar 2
75 Posts
Not sure if it's a journalist as such, but short & to the point...
I think that’s a fair right up from all that I’ve read and seen on YouTube. Of course I’m talking as a person awaiting delivery so real world use and experience may say otherwise. As per one of my other posts I really struggled with my decision making on this and have committed to a PS despite having never sat in one.
I really couldn’t give 2 hoots about .1 or .2 second difference anc I would never have paid over £6k for FSD. Build quality and enjoyment are crucial for me and this car seems to hit that mark.

Of all the silly things you want in a car one of the clinchers for me was an electric tailgate. When you’re paying £50k for a car this should be a no brainier but it’s not yet a standard feature on the TM3. Added to that there is far too much chrome on display at this moment in time. Like both cars but my choice made.

·
Premium Member
609 Posts
A nice review. Nothing really new and the reviewer could have done some more research, but I enjoyed watching it.

·
Registered
219 Posts
A nice review. Nothing really new and the reviewer could have done some more research, but I enjoyed watching it.

He had me until the comment about canyon carving and handling feel, especially as he never drove it on anything but city streets. The car grips corners like no other.

Question, of all the YouTube reviews out there, which one are people sharing with friends and family when they ask what the hell is a P*2?

·
Premium Member
609 Posts
He had me until the comment about canyon carving and handling feel, especially as he never drove it on anything but city streets.
As soon as he seemed befuddled by the transmission hump in the back seat, I knew he hadn't done much research.

381 - 400 of 431 Posts