Polestar Forum banner

401 - 420 of 431 Posts

·
Premium Member
609 Posts
added some
Would be great if there’s some way so the crowd could vote on and select their favorites to better order the list

also: man I’ve spent a lot of time on a car I don’t even have yet!
Good point! Maybe we can add a poll later on. I vaguely recall there's a way to do that.

I know what you mean about time spent. I did the same the last time around (11 years ago). When the handover happened, the guy looked at me surprised and said "You know this car better than I do." We both knew he was right about that, lol.

Thanks for contributing to that thread and getting it off to a good start. The problem? You rewatch a video or two and you realize another hour just went by.

·
Registered
567 Posts
He had me until the comment about canyon carving and handling feel, especially as he never drove it on anything but city streets. The car grips corners like no other.
Yeah - I'll instead listen to what Matt Farah (Smoking Tires) says given he reviewed the P*2 while, y'know, actually carving canyons and really liked it for that!
Am kinda annoyed by reviewers who didn't do their homework on the car that they're about to review. Nice that he went through the infotainment in such detail. But also showed his lack of knowledge in other areas, e.g that the battery shape contributes to the transmission tunnel and back seat height.

·
Premium Member
609 Posts

·
Registered
567 Posts
The commitment to a mobile ranger program sounds great and might be the stopgap needed for the folks >150 mi away from a Space until true OTA updates come out.

Else sounds like the guy liked the P*2. He at least said all the things I'd hope he say about it relative to the competition.

·
Registered
567 Posts
not sure if this was already posted...
Fair review.
In terms of his conclusion, he notably forgot to mention that next year they're meant to offer a single motor version, without some of the packages included, which should drop the price substantially. I think the battery is meant to be the same capacity so that would also have increased range.
The TM3 SR+ has even less nice bits compared to the TM3 LR or Performance so it's really a drop off in terms of quality/luxe feel.
But it is interesting that in their real-world range test the P*2 and TM3 SR+ performed similarly!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Nice positive video review, although the text reads like a google translate fail....See adware warning below though :(

·
Registered
694 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Yep, my Malwarebytes screams at that website, and one other that pops up on here regularly (a Korean site of some kind)... Thanks for the direct video link.

Reactions: Fishouttawater

·
Premium Member
609 Posts
Beat me to it!

I think this is one of the best comparisons, if not THE best comparison, of the two cars. They're very fair and complementary to both.

·
Registered
567 Posts
would love to see these guys track the cars like they did earlier with a Model 3 vs BMW M3.

the end result of who preferred which car is kind of predictable; James drives a Miata and Thomas is a track instructor. Agreed that this is the fairest comparison of the infinite variety of head to head reviews out there.

401 - 420 of 431 Posts