Polestar Forum banner

641 - 656 of 656 Posts

·
Registered
Stickerless Thunder on 19's
1,436 Posts
'Built by people that don't really seem to care about build quality' - the man says it!

Maybe the Polestar demographic are a little more discerning?
If Tesla's build quality was excellent, they still wouldn't be the car for me. I find the shape completely unappealing. As my favourite reviewer described, they look "a bit like a microwaved Mazda"

·
Registered
magnesium/slate/19"/tow/18xxx
78 Posts
If Teslas build quality was excellent, they still wouldn't be the car for me. I find the shape completely unappealing. As my favourite reviewer described, they look "a bit like a microwaved Mazda"
My previous car was a Mazda 6. Beautifully proportioned car. When my lease was up I microwaved it and sold it as a second hand Model S. With that money I bought bitcoins.

·
Registered
Stickerless Thunder on 19's
1,436 Posts
I loved my 1993 V6 Mazda MX-3. It glided. Glided me at high speeds. Led to me getting followed by an unmarked cop for 12 miles. Resulted in a £575 fine (which was a lot back then).

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
If Tesla's build quality was excellent, they still wouldn't be the car for me. I find the shape completely unappealing. As my favourite reviewer described, they look "a bit like a microwaved Mazda"
A Tesla is your basic fish. Each one is a different fish.

I loved my 1993 V6 Mazda MX-3. It glided. Glided me at high speeds. Led to me getting followed by an unmarked cop for 12 miles. Resulted in a £575 fine (which was a lot back then).
That's a lot now too!

·
Registered
133 Posts
Agreed, not a design that I can get excited about either inside or out. Just surprised that sheeple flock to poorly manufactured anything because it's 'trending'.

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
If you do 90% of your driving around town or a large metro area, then the Tesla charging network is irrelevant, as is every other network. I have to use an external charger maybe 3 times/year, so the network didn't even come up on my buying radar.

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
Agreed, not a design that I can get excited about either inside or out. Just surprised that sheeple flock to poorly manufactured anything because it's 'trending'.
Having built an expensive halo car that was well received -- the model S -- it became a status symbol to drive a Tesla. This will eventually fade. A neighbor of mine had an S and an X for a while. He got so fed up with Tesla quality and service that he sold both and picked up a BMW and a Porsche -- both ICE.

·
Premium Member
2,837 Posts
I get your point, JRRF, but I'm like Uncle Dave here... I'm still watching the reviews and I quite enjoyed this one.

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
I get your point, JRRF, but I'm like Uncle Dave here... I'm still watching the reviews and I quite enjoyed this one.
Him saying the P2 is the "new king" is enough to get any owner jazzed up for sure. Then again, he also says the dampers are "pointless", so maybe it's a toss up.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Fun mix of a review and some car photography tips.

Reactions: polerad
641 - 656 of 656 Posts