Polestar Forum banner

61 - 63 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Polerad, yes, we get OTA updates now. In my case the range increase update was done during the dealer prep for my car. Coincidentally, when I got home with the car that first night, another OTA update came through for the infotainment system.

Good question on Apple CarPlay and AA. I use the I-Pace’s nav and only tried CarPlay once to see if it worked. I didn’t pay attention to the instrument cluster, and just checked the center console. I’ll do that today and let you know. I can tell you that you can get the full map in both areas with the Jag’s native Nav system.

Regen is set via the center screen and suspension is set via pus buttons on the main console. I’d guess the thinking there is that you’d be more frequently playing with the suspension than the regen. The car can be set so that each time you park, the car automatically lowers to its lowest suspension setting. I love one pedal driving, so I always keep it on high regen. Neither setting can be adjusted via voice control.

Yes, you can turn off the phony vroom vroom sounds. That was one of my questions too, since the interior is so quiet, why do I want phony sounds infiltrating the cabin? ;)

I‘d have to see how the P2 handles in a comparison, since the I-Pace does handle so well. You’d think a smaller, lower car would handle better, but in the case of the I-Pace I’d still need to see the comparisons.

To me one of the biggest differences beyond ride quality between the 2 cars is servicing. It really scared me that the dealer servicing network for the P2 was and apparently still is, not cast in stone. I’ve never bought a car where I didn’t know where to get it serviced.

They keep saying they’ll provide concierge pickup & drop off within if you’re within 150 miles of a service center. But there’s no way I want a stranger driving my car 300 miles round trip for a service issue...especially in these times. To be honest, I don’t want to have to do that myself either. The fact that Sweden told me directly that servicing would not be done by Volvo dealers was disconcerting and unexpected.

·
Registered
84 Posts
So as I expected, the instrument cluster screen shows the I-Pace's map and the center screen displays the Apple CarPlay map. I took a shot that gives you somewhat of an idea.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Some admitted polestar fanboys took a few P2's out for a 600 km drive and reported their findings here:
Erfahrungsbericht
(in German - I used google translate to get an English translation)

Some great info and points throughout.

61 - 63 of 63 Posts