Polestar Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I can't believe i never came across the polsestar 2 in teh electric car research i have been doing most of this year. Currently a bmw i3 driver (100% sold on being electric) and need to get a new car next summer - hecne have been following all the new release information. The tesla model 3 and vw id3 have been stealing most of teh headlines with a few smaller cars like e-corsa/208e etc. I am not hugely fussy but it needs to be a quality car in the 40-50k price range with 250+ range. Ideally hatchback or crossover but saloons considered.
I have to say its pretty slim pickings with really the tesla as the only one currently available and teh rest all 'available 2020'. The 2 new ones i came across recently are the polestar 2 and the imminent volvo xc40 to be announced next week.
I have been looking into the polestar 2 and its a very nice car though at the top end of my price bracker versus model 3 - but model 3 has its own problems for me. No idea what the xc40 will cost but likley starts at 50k+
The i-pace/etron etc are all too big and too expensive and i wouldn't go i3 again sa its going end of life.

Anyway thats probably too much information but i currently have the polestar 2 top of my list but holding off putting down a deposit or anything for a few moere months to see what else happens

·
Registered
121 Posts
Good choice on holding off on a deposit.

I'm in a similar position till real owners have these for at least 3 months. For now the Model 3 is my default. Maybe the Volkswagen ID.3 if it arrives in the U.S.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am getting closer to putting down my deposit as i now have a deadline of end sept and the polestart is scheduled for 'mid-year' so could be tricky.. As much as the Model 3 make sense from a price/performance perspective I don't much like the look of the car plus not being a hatchback is a major block for me. There is no sign of the volvo xc40 in terms of price and availability so thats looking more an d more like a 2021 model. If the polestar doesn't make mid year availability with good reviews etc then i may well have to fo for the tesla or just get a cheap runaround and try again in a couple of years when model y, bmw etc are all in the game.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts