Polestar Forum banner

Just got off the phone with Polestar

13K views 42 replies 11 participants last post by  ProfessorCook 
Just joined - thanks for whoever recruited me on Twitter 😍👋🏽 I ordered mine in January, was immediately given August delivery, which slipped to September after a few days. I went to the Polestar pop up in LA this weekend and the contracted employees suggest the vehicles will arrive in the US in September, but have to “sit” until November? Didn’t say why, no other confirmations.

Back in 2009 when I anxiously awaited my BMW from Germany, I followed the car the whole way. I even was paying attention to wind direction and wave action as the ship worked across the Atlantic, lol. Back then, there was a delay in port as the vehicles had to get through customs. Perhaps that's what the LA Space was thinking.
I am very much in that same mindset. I tried researching shipping containers in the Pacific, but didn’t know where to start 😂 Even if it is delayed, I’m sticking to the pre-order and will update y’all on dates. The Model Y has tried to coercing me, but not with that quality 🤮 (Topic for another thread hehehe).

hi! I think I saw your tweets and posted them here. Welcome!

after your tweets I called customer service ( I know Mike and Alane far too well now). Mike was able to confirm for me that my specific order was still OK for a midSept-early Oct timeline. Might be worth calling to double check for you. Apparently we are supposed to get VIN numbers and tracking info once they get the US web account backend fully up and running, in this next week or so. If you notice the current my account page redirects to a UK site so I think a lot of inconsistency and confusion is related to differences between here and there. And that they didn’t exactly hire experts to staff the popups like you indicated.
Thanks for this! Turns out Mike called and left a voicemail for me this morning - I completely missed it. He expressed the same information to me. The folks at the pop-up were telling preorder holders that delivery is delayed to November, but November is when new orders placed today should arrive. My delivery window is still late September / early October as well! 🤩

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.