Polestar Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've bought some replacement covers for the 'cheap' key fobs. Anything made for a Volvo with the side buttons should fit, I found searching for XC40 fobs gave the most options

This one I have on my key,
ontto Car Key Cover for Volvo xc60 xc90 s90 v90 ABS Plastic Car Key Fob Cover Case Remote control Key Holder Protector Jacket Keyring Key Shell Black: Amazon.co.uk: Car & Motorbike
Its pricey for two bits of plastic but replaces the existing covers and fits perfectly. The plastic is holding up surprisingly well to scratches from keys and coins in my pocket. I like it.

This one my wife uses,
ontto Leather Zinc alloy Car Key Fob Case Key Cover for Volvo xc60 xc90 s90 v90 Smart Car Key fob Remote control Key Holder Protector Jacket with Keyring Key Chain Key Shell Black: Amazon.co.uk: Car & Motorbike
It's very solid, very chunky and very heavy. It looks and feels expensive. the downside is that the new cover fits over the existing one. This increases the size but is also secured using screws. This means to access the emergency key inside the fob you need a screwdriver. They do provide provide a keyring screwdriver though.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Maybe cheaper alternatives on Ali-express. Our car is already mostly ‘Chinese’ so these fobs can be as well :
02034075-5B8E-4A93-A619-7ACEFF4B550A.jpeg

·
Registered
241 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Polestar 2
241 Posts
Does show the Volvo logo if you swipe through the Amazon photos.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts