Polestar Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
non PP - Snow - Ordered Sep 20 - Delivery 01 Dec 20
120 Posts
I love the car one year on and currently wouldn't change it for anything else around the same price bracket. That being said things have become closer over the year. For example, the Kia EV6 comes close were it not for its poor infotainment system.
I suspect when my lease is up in two years there will be plenty that will turn my head plus I've never leased the same car or brand in a row. Always fancy a change.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Love the car... but VERY glad I leased (for the first time ever).
No second thoughts at all, but with all the news coming out of upgrades to future Polestars, in 3 years I will be ready for the new tech.

·
Registered
162 Posts
15k miles and still glad i bought the car - main concern now is what happens when warranty expires as i hate to even imagine the cost of any repairs.. Hopefully there will be an extended warranty option available

·
Registered
6,692 Posts
Love the car... but VERY glad I leased (for the first time ever).
No second thoughts at all, but with all the news coming out of upgrades to future Polestars, in 3 years I will be ready for the new tech.
Not a bad idea for the foreseeable future. EV tech isn't going to stabilize any time soon, if ever. And the cost equation is likely to improve over time.

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
I'm 100% happy with how we have things right now, knowing with >1yr more real info of what else exists and is coming in the future.

We bought one in Nov 2020 (0% financing FTW) and leased another in Aug 2021.

The bought one we can see keeping long term - like driving into the ground long term. Even when more tech-filled and range-y cars come out, and even with some battery degradation, this will still comfortably get us around the local area and for either of our commutes just fine. Given the way new car costs are going, it would take a substantial degradation or leap in features of the competitors to justify spending that much for another car vs maintaining this one.

And for the other car, am happy we leased, because by the lease end in late 2024, there will likely be something new or exciting to scratch that itch - there's the Polestar 3-5, Audi A6 etron, Volvo XC90 and XC60 replacements (will they just make an EV V90 already!!), varied Hyundai/Kia offerings, R1S, maybe more reasonable $$ Lucid trims, etc.

And as for getting a 2nd Polestar, as ridiculous as that endpoint is, I'm happy we did that and didn't wait it out for something else. Even ~1/2 year later, the only new EVs available at all here is the Ioniq5, which I am personally not compelled by and even if I were would cost ~$5k markup from the dealers around here. The i4 is a seemingly good other option but, given I can't see or test drive still, will likely be a year or so differential before I could get one vs when I leased, and functionally I don't know that it provides that much more than the Polestar, and I really don't like the aesthetics. The EV6 seems interesting but we still don't have pricing or estimates of availability here, and again isn't clearly that much more compelling than the Polestar. Despite all our grumblings, I still think the Polestar infotainment setup is better than all of them. And I'm convinced all these other options will have their own bugs that I'd be at a similar overall level of risk of getting.
And I still don't want any of the Teslas and their latest infotainment updates further confirm that decision.

So to OP, yes I did do it again and I'm happy I did so.
[let's see what I say when the next OTA borks something again though.... (no jinx)]

·
Registered
Polestar 2 Dual Motor Launch Edition 2021 - Void
688 Posts
What I would change is to push my bosses way earlier to get me to hand in my previous company car earlier so I could start driving the P2 earlier!

·
Registered
2022 AWD Midnight w/ Pilot & Plus. Nappa Leather. X-Ice 19" for winter
26 Posts
Won't have the springs on until April or May

View attachment 10652
In case no one has found this feature - you can adjust how far the hatch opens.
  1. Open the hatch
  2. Grab the hatch and move it manually as high or low as you need. It requires a little bit of force but not a lot.
  3. When it's where you want it, press and hold the close button on the hatch (the non-locking close)
  4. When you hear a beep, the hatch is now set to always open to that position.
This is great as if I open the hatch with my garage door open it would hit - but reprogrammed I have no concerns.

·
Registered
Polestar 2 Dual Motor Launch Edition 2021 - Void
688 Posts
In case no one has found this feature - you can adjust how far the hatch opens.
  1. Open the hatch
  2. Grab the hatch and move it manually as high or low as you need. It requires a little bit of force but not a lot.
  3. When it's where you want it, press and hold the close button on the hatch (the non-locking close)
  4. When you hear a beep, the hatch is now set to always open to that position.
This is great as if I open the hatch with my garage door open it would hit - but reprogrammed I have no concerns.
You don't have to move it manually, just hit the close button where you want it to stop as it is opening.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts