Polestar Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So - the car was due tomorrow, 12:30 today I get a call to say that the IHFA module is gubbed and needs replacing. They don’t have one so it needs ordering. Lots of ‘sorrys’ from them, but how is that they find this out only today? They can’t give me a fix time (what‘s the betting that the critical path is availability of re-delivery slots rather than the time it takes to fix?) - but maybe two weeks. I am beyond frustrated with this whole experience. Anybody have similar or know what an IHFA module is?

·
Registered
15 Posts
So - the car was due tomorrow, 12:30 today I get a call to say that the IHFA module is gubbed and needs replacing. They don’t have one so it needs ordering. Lots of ‘sorrys’ from them, but how is that they find this out only today? They can’t give me a fix time (what‘s the betting that the critical path is availability of re-delivery slots rather than the time it takes to fix?) - but maybe two weeks. I am beyond frustrated with this whole experience. Anybody have similar or know what an IHFA module is?
No idea what that one is, but ours was delivered last week with a dead IHU which basically controls everything that goes on on the infotainment screen.
The cluster luckily works so we can keep it and drive, but I get your frustration.
Hang in there, as it'l be worth it in the end!

·
Super Moderator
1,599 Posts
IFHA is your front motor inverter - same part lots of us had replaced this time last year as part of a recall.

·
Registered
38 Posts
As you had a confirmed delivery date, will they lend you a car for the time yours is being fixed?

·
Super Moderator
1,599 Posts
Only if you kick off - they won't offer it!

And then, sometimes, they offer to reimburse your own rental costs but at a rate that you can barely hire a bicycle for.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I did kick off :) I have a Volvo V90 Recharge T6 Plug-in hybrid AWD coming Monday. You are right the rate they allow you to hire yourself would not get a scooter. But I don’t want a Volvo, I want my Polestar. Trying to stay positive, but I will be keeping on CS all the way. Does anyone know a way into Polestar to get around the nicey nicey customer support guys who really know nothing and can do nothing?

·
Registered
Polestar 2, Dual Motor, plus & pilot, midnight & towbar
72 Posts
I had the same, ie delivery cancelled the day before due date. Polestar Customer provided a hire car for the bridge (enough to get me a merc for a week), then a volvo on loan until my car was sorted.... my car arrived 4 weeks later.

I pushed back fairly hard, however end of the day the parts I needed weren't available so there was little they could do. I just had to be patient...

Customer service were superb as well, called with an update when they said they would (to the minute), and ensured I had what I needed to get me by whilst I waited.

·
Super Moderator
1,599 Posts
Does anyone know a way into Polestar to get around the nicey nicey customer support guys who really know nothing and can do nothing?
No, they are the gatekeepers... You can try e-mailing the higher profile individuals - I'll not share e-mail addresses but there are plenty circulating around if you search.

I doubt it will achieve anything though - they'll already be sorting this as quickly as they can.

If this is a company vehicle, be careful that the loan period does not extend beyond 28 days otherwise you'll become liable for the BIK on the Volvo!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you - if it looks like its going to take that long I will be camping outside Bicester waving banners. I had an ID4 which broke week 2 - and they had no parts in the supply chain and could not fix it in over a month - I rejected the vehicle and got my money back. That meant I was able to find the polestar which everyone seems to love - so a lucky break. But now this - I think it may be me.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Update. V5 arrived today, but no car. Spare part not delivered today to polestar as promised. So no further forward, but I have a nice bit of paper which tells me the car is now getting old.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts