Polestar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
New member of the forum but had to join to let you know my issue.
Delivery was all set for AM on the 30th Sept and then at Midday the day before I got the dreaded email "Please log in to confirm your delivery date". Well magically my delivery date had been pushed put to Mid October, less than 24 hours before I was due to get my keys!

I didnt want to click and accept that date so called PS. Very nice person, but she had no idea what had happened so she went off to investigate. Came back a few hours later to say an urgent software update had to be applied before it could be delivered! I have been given a estimated date of 9th October but this could still change apparently.

I am very suspicious personally! My VIN hasnt changed (thank god!) so my car hasn't been allocated to anyone else, but I just don't buy a last minute software update that takes an unspecified amount of time and only applies to one car...from reading the forum, no else seems to have the same problem that I can see.

Just wondering if the car bricked whilst they were doing the final hand over check and has the same issues with the 12v battery maybe as others?

·
Registered
724 Posts
You are not the first ... and even though the delay might only be 1-2 days for them, finding a new delivery slot is often what's more of delay than actual delay.

If they push your car in a few days later ... weeks of people get pushed back a day, so while it might seem unfair to you .. delaying you 8-9 days is better than delaying everyone a week.

As for the software sometimes, as I'm sure you are aware, updates don't always the way they should ... even in identical hardware. Never had a phone update fail? Same thing really.

I wouldn't start reading too much into everything which is easy to do. I'm sure the car is fine ... they probably left it a bit late to do the final touches ... ie. software update then hit a snag.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I'd be happy that they are fixing something before you get it.
Personally, I find this reassuring that Polestar is wanting to upgrade your cars' software prior to delivery.

It demonstrates a commitment to providing a good customer experience.

Better to have your car a few days later than have it on the day complete with faults that require post-delivery rectification.... which is the Tesla business model. I canceled my two Tesla orders for this very reason.

·
Registered
2021 Polestar 2
121 Posts
Agree with all that has been said so far. I would just make sure you scan the car with a fine tooth comb when it arrives. Hopefully the software update issue isn’t as a result of a careless driver off the boat!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So I was due to be finally getting my PS2 at 8 am tomorrow morning but have just taken a call from the Call centre telling me the delivery has been cancelled again! No idea why and no idea when it will delivered.
I was then told there was a delay with the boat in Belgium! But last week there was a last minute software issue!

car may be great but this side of it is not impressive from my perspective!

very poor customer service in my opinion, you just don’t let people down at this stage!

·
Registered
107 Posts
That’s really poor and gutting for you – you don’t spend £50 K to be disappointed in that way.

I’d be tempted to have a conversation with customer services over what goodwill gesture they’re going to make to make up for this.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Might be a ferry they use from Belgium to the UK instead of the boat form China. However I thought they would come via France. Does seem odd.

Defiantly call Polestar Support at 10am tomorrow and ask them WTF is going on.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The issue is last week I was told the car was in the UK at the prep centre but now the excuse is that it’s in Belgium and there is a problem with the ferry! One or both of these excuses clearly just isn’t true!

I told the poor guy in the call centre that I wanted financial compensation! We shall see

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So the latest from Customer Services is that they are sure my PS2 is still in Belgium.
So the story about the last minute software update causing my first cancelled delivery may have been true, but the car was still in Belgium so was never going to be delivered the next day. And for the second missed delivery, due at 8am on 9th October, they only realised the car was still in Belgium at 6pm the evening before! How fast did they think the ferry could cross the Channel!!!

Apparently this delay was due to "Covid issues" during production and bad weather! Not buying any of that and just wish they would be honest.
I have now been told my new delivery date will hopefully be at the then of the month, but they aren't sure and don't have a date!

I am very sympathetic to teething problems early on but it feels like they are loosing (or starting to) their grip on the delivery process. I have sold my old car, Insured the PS2 as instructed, begged my Charge Point Installer to do his bit early...and then this! Doesn't feel very premium at this stage!

·
Registered
372 Posts
So the latest from Customer Services is that they are sure my PS2 is still in Belgium.
So the story about the last minute software update causing my first cancelled delivery may have been true, but the car was still in Belgium so was never going to be delivered the next day. And for the second missed delivery, due at 8am on 9th October, they only realised the car was still in Belgium at 6pm the evening before! How fast did they think the ferry could cross the Channel!!!

Apparently this delay was due to "Covid issues" during production and bad weather! Not buying any of that and just wish they would be honest.
I have now been told my new delivery date will hopefully be at the then of the month, but they aren't sure and don't have a date!

I am very sympathetic to teething problems early on but it feels like they are loosing (or starting to) their grip on the delivery process. I have sold my old car, Insured the PS2 as instructed, begged my Charge Point Installer to do his bit early...and then this! Doesn't feel very premium at this stage!
When a major part of your job is tracking cars on a screen it shouldn't be possible to screw up so badly twice. Delays can happen but CS job is to inform, apologise, make you feel you matter & the company will do all it can to make it better as they value your custom.
Instead I think half the time CS can't face giving bad news so don't call back or feed us some BS we think we'd like to hear. I'd rather have it straight & know where I stand

·
Registered
39 Posts
That is odd indeed, didn't think they could register the car if it wasn't physically here...

I'm expecting mine tomorrow afternoon and worried the same thing will happen.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Maybe ask for credits on the plugsurfing app? Free miles for when you do get it and should be easy enough for PoleStar to arrange

·
Registered
107 Posts

You might want to complain today in writing by email, explaining how you’ve been let down badly twice and you’ve not been given any confidence about their plan to deliver the car to you. Then followed up with a phone call.

You’re apparently being palmed off with generic excuses to cover a series of logistic errors on their part.

I feel really bad for you – you’ve been badly let down.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
That is exactly what I have done...and the result of all that is CS just saying they are really sorry and understand my frustrations and as soon as they car is in the UK they will tell me, but it wont before the end of the month.

When I spoke to them on Thursday night about the 2nd cancellation I asked if they were making any other calls to let people down that night...his response was a yes! I am intrigued to know if anyone is actually getting deliveries this week - if so where have the cars been!

·
Registered
39 Posts
I shall keep you posted about my delivery tomorrow but I got the 'accept date and time' come up on Friday so my fingers are crossed.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts