Polestar Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you’re using Polestar’s leasing partner in the UK then be prepared.

After much anticipation and a bit of a communication fail from the leasing company between them, Polester and me I eventually completed the final part of the process today, happy in the knowledge that my car was in the UK, registered and ready for a delivery date to be agreed.

I logged on, ticked all the appropriate boxes, transferred the deposit and got to the e-signature part. At that stage there were a bunch of questions around financial history:

- When did you first have a mobile contract, have you ever had something on mail order, when was your first bank account etc

Anyway, with tired mind, sketchy memory and unprepared I did my best to answer.

Bottom line, I got 2 answers out of five wrong and so it was rejected. No back button and when speaking to the leasing company no second chance. Now, apparently, I have to start a fresh order with Polestar, go through the whole finance pre approval process and hope that they can get Polestar to hold my car.

Moral of the story is that be prepared! It seems that they pull the questions from your credit rating agency history so when you get to that stage do your homework, as if you get the answers wrong you go back to the absolute beginning of the game.

Will I ever see this @££*%king car 😢

·
Registered
P*2 9xxx, Dec sw, Midnight, 20",No PP
45 Posts
I'd mercifully blanked out the horror of that stage of the process. I got it right on the second attempt thankfully having failed to answer some obscure questions on the first round. To be fair I think this is more to do with remote identity verification more than the leasing process. I have had this once before post-covid but thankfully it seems to be quite rare.
It seems crazy that you have to start again - it might be worth pushing a bit harder for an alternative.

·
Registered
164 Posts
If you’re using Polestar’s leasing partner in the UK then be prepared.

After much anticipation and a bit of a communication fail from the leasing company between them, Polester and me I eventually completed the final part of the process today, happy in the knowledge that my car was in the UK, registered and ready for a delivery date to be agreed.

I logged on, ticked all the appropriate boxes, transferred the deposit and got to the e-signature part. At that stage there were a bunch of questions around financial history:

- When did you first have a mobile contract, have you ever had something on mail order, when was your first bank account etc

Anyway, with tired mind, sketchy memory and unprepared I did my best to answer.

Bottom line, I got 2 answers out of five wrong and so it was rejected. No back button and when speaking to the leasing company no second chance. Now, apparently, I have to start a fresh order with Polestar, go through the whole finance pre approval process and hope that they can get Polestar to hold my car.

Moral of the story is that be prepared! It seems that they pull the questions from your credit rating agency history so when you get to that stage do your homework, as if you get the answers wrong you go back to the absolute beginning of the game.

Will I ever see this @££*%king car 😢
Was that directly with ALD as a personal lease or business and ordered through a third party?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Call Polestar support. Get them to change the car to a cash purchase. Not everyone knows how to do it, but they can do that, which will hold the car because the order is the same.
Then call back the next day, tell them you have changed your mind and go back to a lease. That should restart the process again.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Call Polestar support. Get them to change the car to a cash purchase. Not everyone knows how to do it, but they can do that, which will hold the car because the order is the same.
Then call back the next day, tell them you have changed your mind and go back to a lease. That should restart the process again.
Will speak to them tomorrow. Thanks

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'd mercifully blanked out the horror of that stage of the process. I got it right on the second attempt thankfully having failed to answer some obscure questions on the first round. To be fair I think this is more to do with remote identity verification more than the leasing process. I have had this once before post-covid but thankfully it seems to be quite rare.
It seems crazy that you have to start again - it might be worth pushing a bit harder for an alternative.
Glad you dodged that bullet. Hopefully I can get a sensible outcome. On the upside, it’s not like I can really drive anywhere even if I had it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts