Polestar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love my car. Almost every angle is gorgeous. But I can’t stand this piece of black plastic:

What’s your least favorite design quirk?

·
Registered
2021 2
2,337 Posts
What’s your least favorite design quirk?
Do you have to ask?
Aside from the cupholders....

yes the not-a-vent on the front goes against the self-described 'minimalism'
In general, while I like the front, I think they could've done some relatively simple things to direct air flows to reduce drag that wouldn't have detracted from the design too much and kinda wish they did that

but really.... it's basically just the cupholders and center console storage situation, even with mroek's hacks!

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
The top of the A-pillar. The seam between the panels that run along side the pano roof and the body panel above the windshield makes them look misaligned from certain angles. Pretty obvious in the pic below.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The top of the A-pillar. The seam between the panels that run along side the pano roof and the body panel above the windshield makes them look misaligned from certain angles. Pretty obvious in the pic below.

View attachment 6040
This is not as noticeable on my Midnight car. White is pretty obvious for sure.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Nothing to do with visual design / flattering angles, but I have two interior design nits. The first is that the gear selector, though gorgeous, would do a lot for overall usability if it were lower profile (clear the path to the audio/volume control and Home button on the center display). The second is that there’s not enough overhang over the phone charging mat to keep direct sunlight off of the entirety of the phone (and is generally not built for today’s standard phone sizes). That’s caused my phone to overheat and shut down on a couple of occasions, so basically the place they want you to charge your phone is not an ideal place to keep your phone on a sunny drive.

Those two things have probably impacted my life with the car more than anything else design-related.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Totally agree with @StarPole about the junction between the hood/bonnet and base of the A pillar. Surely there was a better way to resolve those lines.

But also annoyed by this:

I know it’s there to meet regulations about the body covering the wheel, but that solution (which Jaguar uses quite a lot too) has always struck me as a cowardly design.

·
Premium Member
3,144 Posts
Sometimes, not that often, I'm struck by how blocky/chunky the rear end looks. They've done a lot of visual tricks to minimize it, but it's still there.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Totally agree with @StarPole about the junction between the hood/bonnet and base of the A pillar. Surely there was a better way to resolve those lines.

But also annoyed by this:
View attachment 6043
I know it’s there to meet regulations about the body covering the wheel, but that solution (which Jaguar uses quite a lot too) has always struck me as a cowardly design.
Is that what it’s about? I thought it was a mini mud flap and/or some sort of aerodynamic bauble.

·
Registered
Void, Slate, Non-PP on 19's
87 Posts
Yeah, parcel shelf is straight out of ford. My last BMW had a stiff split shelf which was far superior in my opinion. Just felt more premium, not this flimsy thing we have. Xxx
Did I really add kisses at the end?! 🤦‍♂️. I am sooo sorry, clearly on whatsapp mode to the family when I was typing that!

·
Super Moderator
Polestar 2, Midnight (blue), charcoal interior, non-PP
2,640 Posts
For me, it's the split line in manufacturing that's just in front of the centre box, behind the piano black centre bit. There just shouldn't be split lines like that visible and touchable - they should have sorted out the manufacturing process better to keep split lines on the underside or away from where idle fingers can find it. Same right the way up that centre bit, in fact, as I think even the gear selector has one?

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
For me, it's the split line in manufacturing that's just in front of the centre box, behind the piano black centre bit. There just shouldn't be split lines like that visible and touchable - they should have sorted out the manufacturing process better to keep split lines on the underside or away from where idle fingers can find it. Same right the way up that centre bit, in fact, as I think even the gear selector has one?
So true!

·
Registered
628 Posts
For me it is the join between the bonnet and the bottom of the A-pillar although I do accept that is more noticeable on certain colours (snow for example) - just looks unfinished/disjointed to my eyes.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts