Polestar Forum banner
21 - 40 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
Midnight 20” Charcoal July 21 vin 26xxx
495 Posts
Pet hate of mine also.. can't comment the the P2 yet (still waiting!), but managed to remove from my past 2 Bmw's with a heat gun and patience.
Interesting on my bm this can only be seen when pull down the visor. Much better

·
Registered
magnesium/slate/19"/tow/18xxx
138 Posts
gear selector, though gorgeous, would do a lot for overall usability if it were lower profile (clear the path to the audio/volume control and Home button on the center display)
I use it to rest my wrist so I can operate volume, play/pause and home button without even looking down. If it were lower profile, I'd probably have to adjust muscle memory but it wouldn't make a difference to me.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Nothing to do with visual design / flattering angles, but I have two interior design nits. The first is that the gear selector, though gorgeous, would do a lot for overall usability if it were lower profile (clear the path to the audio/volume control and Home button on the center display). The second is that there’s not enough overhang over the phone charging mat to keep direct sunlight off of the entirety of the phone (and is generally not built for today’s standard phone sizes). That’s caused my phone to overheat and shut down on a couple of occasions, so basically the place they want you to charge your phone is not an ideal place to keep your phone on a sunny drive.

Those two things have probably impacted my life with the car more than anything else design-related.
Hi. The gear selector is where it is by design to allow for a wrist test to facilitate easier typing and tapping on the screen. I think knowing this is a great design but admit the two cup holders are totally flawed. The one in the arm rest is too small to fit even my small take out coffee cup and the main one gets in the way

·
Registered
11 Posts
1. Lack of sunglasses holder
2. Sun visor is either fully up or fully down. The hinge isn't stiff enough (on mine at least) to hold it at angles in between.
3. So much plastic trim around bodywork/wheel arches
4. Nowhere for my right foot when using cruise control
5. Left foot rest is mostly carpet. I fear it will wear quickly.

Minor gripes though, on an otherwise awesome car!

·
Registered
37 Posts
I find the drivers seat to be very uncomfortable, so much so that I took it to my local dealer. They agreed that it was thin and that the frame could be felt under ones bottom. Sometimes it's not too bad but often terrible. It is very positional. Maybe I have a bad one or my bottom is too sensitive. I would definitely have gone for leather if I had known.

·
Registered
Snow non-PP w/tow hook
149 Posts
The biggest complaint I have is the trunk edge is in the way if you want to load something large like a fridge or a dishwasher, I've found myself twice in this position now and had to borrow a trailer to transport them.

·
Registered
416 Posts
The biggest complaint I have is the trunk edge is in the way if you want to load something large like a fridge or a dishwasher, I've found myself twice in this position now and had to borrow a trailer to transport them.
I find the trunk edge to be a necessary evil. Yes, it makes it harder to load large items in the trunk but...
  1. It saves the bumper from accidentally getting weight it cannot support.
  2. The bumper doesn't get scratches.
  3. Most importantly, the load doesn't hit the hatch when accelerating. I found that out when I brought home a large bicycle box (about 40kg) and the trunk edge was able to 'catch' it before it hit the hatch. It's probably far cheaper to replace a worn out plastic cover on the trunk edge than to replace the big plastic trim on the hatch.

·
Premium Member
3,433 Posts
I find the drivers seat to be very uncomfortable, so much so that I took it to my local dealer. They agreed that it was thin and that the frame could be felt under ones bottom. Sometimes it's not too bad but often terrible. It is very positional. Maybe I have a bad one or my bottom is too sensitive. I would definitely have gone for leather if I had known.
You might have a bad seat. I recall a thread or two where this happened to others and they got their seats replaced.

·
Registered
Stickerless Thunder on 19's
1,868 Posts
Do you extend the seat leg support thingy?

·
Registered
4,269 Posts
You might have a bad seat. I recall a thread or two where this happened to others and they got their seats replaced.
While it's possible you have a reject. I have found with a couple of cars over the years that my behind simply needs some time to get used to the shape of a new seat.

·
Registered
2021 Polestar 2 - Midnight, Leather, Launch ed. Tow-bar, 19”
44 Posts
As i moved from an audi a6 avant I assumed this was going to be a problem so I added the cost of a trailer when i set up the budget for the car. Picked up the trailer last week, first thing i do is to take off the trailer lock (a chunk of metal with sharp edges) dropped it while i’m about to put it inside the trunk, lt
fell down on the bumper and voila..my first paint chip :rolleyes::oops:😢. So much for planning ahead..

21 - 40 of 65 Posts