Polestar Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Posting this here as I was unable to find this piece of info on the 'net otherwise.

The liftgate of my Polestar 2 is about 6' 10" (~210 cm) above the ground at it's highest point when opened to the factory (highest) setting.

I previously had some 2x4s suspended on chains used for storing boards and a door that I wasn't using, needless to say, that had to go.

ps2-cropped-liftgate-notag.jpg

·
Registered
629 Posts
Posting this here as I was unable to find this piece of info on the 'net otherwise.

The liftgate of my Polestar 2 is about 6' 10" (~210 cm) above the ground at it's highest point when opened to the factory (highest) setting.

I previously had some 2x4s suspended on chains used for storing boards and a door that I wasn't using, needless to say, that had to go.

View attachment 2581
Thanks for sharing that. One measurement I was interested in is how far backwards does the door swing on the way up? For example, if I park and have 12 inches of space behind my car, does the rear lid swing backwards at all on it's path upwards and how close can that garage door be before the trunk lid would hit it? On my SUV, this is a large distance so it's very important to park properly, but on the Polestar I'm imagining it won't be very much. Any idea?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for sharing that. One measurement I was interested in is how far backwards does the door swing on the way up? For example, if I park and have 12 inches of space behind my car, does the rear lid swing backwards at all on it's path upwards and how close can that garage door be before the trunk lid would hit it? On my SUV, this is a large distance so it's very important to park properly, but on the Polestar I'm imagining it won't be very much. Any idea?
Only about 4" (10 cm) past the rear bumper.

·
Super Moderator
Polestar 2, Midnight (blue), charcoal interior, non-PP
2,877 Posts
Yup. Start it opening and then when it gets to the height you want, press and hold the right hand button on the back of the tailgate. It will stop moving, and after a few seconds "beep" to confirm the new stored height.

However I'd want to test it after each time it's been to the dealers in case it forgets the height after a 12V disconnection!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts