Polestar Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I get my Polestar 2 AWD (Pilot + Plus) next Monday, which, of course, cannot come fast enough.

I happen to find the light wood decor, from the leather seat option, to look really good. I think it would match the darker-seat options extremely well, give the illusion of more space and adding a little extra of that Scandinavian feel.

Now since one cannot combine the non-leather seats with the light wood decor directly from Polestar, I want to ask if anybody, in here, have been successful in finding a third party option. E.g., wrap or custom replacements?

Thanks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you were interested in swapping out the pieces, here are the part number for LHD Birch:

Top Panel: 31694718
Driver 1: 32329256
Driver 2: 31688906
Passenger: 31688904
Thank you for these. I haven't been successful finding out where I could get these.
Do you kind sharing where you found them - does a public parts catalog exist?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thank you for these. I haven't been successful finding out where I could get these.
Do you kind sharing where you found them - does a public parts catalog exist?
It's not a public repository unfortunately. But if there's any specs/variant/part info you need, I can help as best as I can. As it turns out the Birch will be replaced with Ash for MY23. Not sure what the color difference will be though

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's not a public repository unfortunately. But if there's any specs/variant/part info you need, I can help as best as I can. As it turns out the Birch will be replaced with Ash for MY23. Not sure what the color difference will be though
That's very generous of you, thanks knzstla.I will probably take advantage of your offer at some point. I'm based in Denmark, can you see if the part numbers are international or domestic/region specific?

Also do you by any chance know if it's even possible to change the decor/trim with somewhat simple means - e.g. as a DYI thing and without changing the entire dashpanel?
Lastly, can you by any chance see the MSRP price or similar?

Thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
That's very generous of you, thanks knzstla.I will probably take advantage of your offer at some point. I'm based in Denmark, can you see if the part numbers are international or domestic/region specific?

Also do you by any chance know if it's even possible to change the decor/trim with somewhat simple means - e.g. as a DYI thing and without changing the entire dashpanel?
Lastly, can you by any chance see the MSRP price or similar?

Thanks
Trim pieces are usually only steered by LHD/RHD, so in this case, all LHD pieces are the same between markets.

For the piece on the center console, each of the plastic surrounds (yellow) are held in with 5 clips each. The wood panel itself also clips in.

For the dashboard you at minimum have to remove the two textile panels (red). I'm not 100% sure how much overlap there is from the air vents though. The textile pieces and vents are clipped in, but the passenger air vent has a single screw as well.
Gear shift Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Steering part

In terms of pricing, I can't say much beyond what google might return.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I also really like the look of the light wood trim and think it will look really nice and provides a modern contrast with a dark interior and will make the ambient lighting more effective. I was never a fan or the look of the beige leather (and think it clashes with the yellow seat belts) and wanted be ethical in my choice of material.
I thought about getting the wood wrapped in a light wood pattern, but with all of the complex compound curves and the tight nooks and crannies involved I think using a wrap would take a lot of work and expertise to make it look decent.

I’m definitely interested in eventually in changing the stock dark wood with the light wood, but with any not-commonly-ordered OEM parts I have a feeling it’s going to be very pricey.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts