Polestar Forum banner

101 - 120 of 193 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #103
Hmm... that's rather cheeky - nothing to do with me! I shall drop him a quiet line...

·
Registered
694 Posts
Hmm... that's rather cheeky - nothing to do with me! I shall drop him a quiet line...
Why? You posted it here and on facebook ... it's not like it's your property. Ok he should have acknowledged you as the source ... but what are you going to say? "Sorry you stole my list I posted on several public forums and facebook!" ??

·
Registered
83 Posts
I would have thought that wider distribution of the list would be a good thing. After all, knowledge (of the list) is power to the Polestar 2 buyer. I would have taken it as a compliment. This particular YouTuber will tell us of his experiences when he receives his car which is a benefit to all of us.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi everyone,
I know we have a FAQ but that's rapidly filling up with general questions and answers. Perhaps if someone can make this thread sticky, I will try to keep it up to date by editing this first post...?

Here's what I've amassed so far from this forum, SpeakEV, and the Facebook UK pages:

Things to check on delivery:
  • Missing jack
  • Missing first aid kit
  • Check for scratches on piano-black gloss panel around the gear selector
  • Keyless entry and boot-open-by-waving-your-feet detection not working for some people
  • Plugsurfing card should now be included
  • Max charge rate set to only 6A - make sure you increase it to maximum
  • Signing in with a Gsuite email address fails; need to sign in with a Gmail account
  • Check rear windows when closed - they seem to have a lot of play in sometimes (10mm or more!)
  • Make sure the manual is in your language!
  • Check the tyre pressures as they may be way off
  • Make sure you try the charging cable as some have been duds
Known issues:
  • Headlights pointing at the sky (should now be fixed before delivery)
  • 12V battery flattening without warning
  • Infotainment system prone to erratic behaviour and needing to restart (press and hold button at the bottom for 20 seconds)
  • Reversing/360 camera sometimes not working
  • If you select the audio to be driver-focused, it sets the sound up around a left-hand drive car
  • Sometimes charging continues beyond the set point (e.g. 80%) right up to 100% - inconsistent; seems to happen more if charging is interrupted and then resumed
  • When plugging into a rapid charger with a heavy cable, hold/support the cable while the initial connection takes place to ensure it starts charging properly; failed "handshake" with the charger seems to be down to this
  • Over-The-Air update facility not yet available - will require collection/dealership reprogramming to add it later in the year
  • Timed charging not yet available - this won't arrive until mid-2021! 😳 🤬
  • App not yet available - expected end of 2020
  • In-car climate pre-conditioning (setting the car's internal temp automatically or from an app) not yet available - expected end 2020
  • Ability to set up an in-car WiFi hotspot using your own SIM card not yet available
  • Connection to home WiFi or hotspot seems to only work if the WiFi network is strictly 2.4GHz, not shared 2.4/5GHz or purely 5GHz
  • The car will not allow any destinations entered to be saved
  • High voltage coolant heater sensor has been known to fail - car refuses to drive
  • There is a defect in the design of the towing hitch: there is a hole missing to allow access to the threaded rod and which prevents the original towing ring from being screwed into the intended place.
  • Car is almost impossible to charge if PIN security is enabled on the car's infotainment screen
  • No way to display actual tyre pressures (not an issue, just a feature not present you'd expect to see)
  • No way to view kW charging rate, just mph being added (not an issue, just a feature not present you'd expect to see)
  • Demisting/cabin warming/cooling etc stops if you get up off the driver's seat, for instance to go outside and clear snow off the car... not a bug, but annoying! -> May be possible to get around by using the Parking tab in the Climate menu...
Answers to questions:
  • Charging - only comes with a 3 phase, 16A cable for home use so max 3.6kW charging in UK even on 7kW 32A untethered chargers - 24hrs to charge from empty!! If you have a tethered cable then you will be able to charge at 7kW (32A/single phase) or 11kW (16A/three phase) as normal.
  • Headlights can be manually adjusted or a Volvo dealer can do it
  • Is there a printed manual or single one to download? No, apart from the one I made by writing some software to download it all :) Download
  • What sort of range will I get? 220-250 miles in general driving in summer, 190-200 miles at 70mph in summer, knock off (estimated) 15-20% in cold wet Winter days.
  • Where is the mechanical emergency release handle for the charging cable? No definitive answer as yet!
  • Why do I hear cooling fans coming on for a few seconds when I unlock the car? This is the climate air quality system blowing fresh air into the car (see manual).
To be clear, this is not designed to be negative :) I'm hoping it will help people be realistic about what to expect before, during and after delivery.
Thanks for the manual download.

·
Registered
7 Posts
No intention to cause concern for anyone on here. I was looking for information before my delivery and found Richards list. Guess I could have shown the web page rather than copying the text to a slide so apologies to anyone upset by that. I did add the forum link in the slide and in the description of the video and made it clear that that is where the information came from. I have now also added a credit to Richard in the description.

@rgledhill thanks for the list - it is really useful for those of us waiting for delivery.
PD

·
Registered
87 Posts
Going back to the 'car shuts down when driver gets out' issue.

My last car (BMW 530e) monitored -both- seats. If the driver got out but the passenger was still sat there, the car would exit the 'ready to drive' mode but leave all accessories running (radio / AC / everything). Only when the second person then got out would it fully shut down. This would be, what, ten lines of code to sort out!

·
Registered
694 Posts
Apparently Bjorn just plugged the seatbelt in on the drivers side and with the key in the car it keeps the AC going and all the other features - maybe test if this allows lowering the windows too.

So maybe it's either seatbelt or seat pressure sensor. Can someone try this please?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Be good to update the list to include where to check for things if anyone knows e.g. the below. Guessing I won't have too long with the handover person. 5 days to go - best find some insurance... :)

·
Registered
47 Posts
Be good to update the list to include where to check for things if anyone knows e.g. the below. Guessing I won't have too long with the handover person. 5 days to go - best find some insurance... :)
I did not get a plugsurfing card with the vehicle but I have since received an email from CS to say that they will mail it to me.

The charge rate does not seem to be sticky as it randomly reverts back to 6A - best to check when you do any Type 2 charging.

·
Registered
68 Posts
£0.49 per kWh is not cheap vs £0.35 from instavolt or £0.30 on Polar. No plugsurfing options particularly near me either :(

·
Registered
86 Posts
The only sites of interest to me are Shell ones and they're cheaper direct (0.39).

The card is pretty useless unless PS negotiate some discounts.
As you say PS could perhaps be a bit proactive in regard to this. Would be great if one card opened up reasonably priced accessible charging for all.

·
Registered
131 Posts
At the moment for UK drivers its benefits are probably restricted to continental road trips where it might save the hassle of additional cards. I still have my Maingau card, redundant nor that the IONITY discount has gone.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #120
He's been good enough to acknowledge me now in the description, so fair play to him... thanks @toscal353 !

Edited: sorry, missed that a load of posts came in meanwhile. I'm not looking for stardom ;) and of course it's out in the public for the very purpose of helping as many new Polestar owners as possible. If it helps just one person to be reassured that they're not alone with some of the issues, and to feel that they have something in hand to get them started, then that's great.

Very happy for him (or anyone else) to distribute it, link to it, whatever. It's just courtesy to mention the person (or user id) of the person who pulled it together - so many thanks for now doing that @PolestarDriver , I appreciate it. I wish you the very best with your channel and I'm looking forward to hearing how you get on :).

101 - 120 of 193 Posts