Polestar Forum banner

121 - 140 of 193 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi everyone,
I know we have a FAQ but that's rapidly filling up with general questions and answers. Perhaps if someone can make this thread sticky, I will try to keep it up to date by editing this first post...?

Here's what I've amassed so far from this forum, SpeakEV, and the Facebook UK pages:

Things to check on delivery:
  • Missing jack
  • Missing first aid kit
  • Check for scratches on piano-black gloss panel around the gear selector
  • Keyless entry and boot-open-by-waving-your-feet detection not working for some people
  • Plugsurfing card should now be included
  • Max charge rate set to only 6A - make sure you increase it to maximum
  • Signing in with a Gsuite email address fails; need to sign in with a Gmail account
  • Check rear windows when closed - they seem to have a lot of play in sometimes (10mm or more!)
  • Make sure the manual is in your language!
  • Check the tyre pressures as they may be way off
  • Make sure you try the charging cable as some have been duds
Known issues:
  • Headlights pointing at the sky (should now be fixed before delivery)
  • 12V battery flattening without warning
  • Infotainment system prone to erratic behaviour and needing to restart (press and hold button at the bottom for 20 seconds)
  • Reversing/360 camera sometimes not working
  • If you select the audio to be driver-focused, it sets the sound up around a left-hand drive car
  • Sometimes charging continues beyond the set point (e.g. 80%) right up to 100% - inconsistent; seems to happen more if charging is interrupted and then resumed
  • When plugging into a rapid charger with a heavy cable, hold/support the cable while the initial connection takes place to ensure it starts charging properly; failed "handshake" with the charger seems to be down to this
  • Over-The-Air update facility not yet available - will require collection/dealership reprogramming to add it later in the year
  • Timed charging not yet available - this won't arrive until mid-2021! 😳 🤬
  • App not yet available - expected end of 2020
  • In-car climate pre-conditioning (setting the car's internal temp automatically or from an app) not yet available - expected end 2020
  • Ability to set up an in-car WiFi hotspot using your own SIM card not yet available
  • Connection to home WiFi or hotspot seems to only work if the WiFi network is strictly 2.4GHz, not shared 2.4/5GHz or purely 5GHz
  • The car will not allow any destinations entered to be saved
  • High voltage coolant heater sensor has been known to fail - car refuses to drive
  • There is a defect in the design of the towing hitch: there is a hole missing to allow access to the threaded rod and which prevents the original towing ring from being screwed into the intended place.
  • Car is almost impossible to charge if PIN security is enabled on the car's infotainment screen
  • No way to display actual tyre pressures (not an issue, just a feature not present you'd expect to see)
  • No way to view kW charging rate, just mph being added (not an issue, just a feature not present you'd expect to see)
  • Demisting/cabin warming/cooling etc stops if you get up off the driver's seat, for instance to go outside and clear snow off the car... not a bug, but annoying! -> May be possible to get around by using the Parking tab in the Climate menu...
Answers to questions:
  • Charging - only comes with a 3 phase, 16A cable for home use so max 3.6kW charging in UK even on 7kW 32A untethered chargers - 24hrs to charge from empty!! If you have a tethered cable then you will be able to charge at 7kW (32A/single phase) or 11kW (16A/three phase) as normal.
  • Headlights can be manually adjusted or a Volvo dealer can do it
  • Is there a printed manual or single one to download? No, apart from the one I made by writing some software to download it all :) Download
  • What sort of range will I get? 220-250 miles in general driving in summer, 190-200 miles at 70mph in summer, knock off (estimated) 15-20% in cold wet Winter days.
  • Where is the mechanical emergency release handle for the charging cable? No definitive answer as yet!
  • Why do I hear cooling fans coming on for a few seconds when I unlock the car? This is the climate air quality system blowing fresh air into the car (see manual).
To be clear, this is not designed to be negative :) I'm hoping it will help people be realistic about what to expect before, during and after delivery.
[/QUOTE
Hi everyone,
I know we have a FAQ but that's rapidly filling up with general questions and answers. Perhaps if someone can make this thread sticky, I will try to keep it up to date by editing this first post...?

Here's what I've amassed so far from this forum, SpeakEV, and the Facebook UK pages:

• Missing jack
  • Missing first aid kit
  • Keyless entry and boot-open-by-waving-your-feet detection not working for some people
  • Signing in with a Gsuite email address fails; need to sign in with a Gmail account
  • Check rear windows when closed - they seem to have a lot of play in sometimes (10mm or more!)
Known issues:
  • Infotainment system prone to erratic behaviour and needing to restart (press and hold button at the bottom for 20 seconds)
  • If you select the audio to be driver-focused, it sets the sound up around a left-hand drive car
  • Sometimes charging continues beyond the set point (e.g. 80%) right up to 100% - inconsistent; seems to happen more if charging is interrupted and then resumed
  • When plugging into a rapid charger with a heavy cable, hold/support the cable while the initial connection takes place to ensure it starts charging properly; failed "handshake" with the charger seems to be down to this
  • Over-The-Air update facility not yet available - will require collection/dealership reprogramming to add it later in the year
  • In-car climate pre-conditioning (setting the car's internal temp automatically or from an app) not yet available - expected end 2020
  • Ability to set up an in-car WiFi hotspot using your own SIM card not yet available
  • Connection to home WiFi or hotspot seems to only work if the WiFi network is strictly 2.4GHz, not shared 2.4/5GHz or purely 5GHz
  • High voltage coolant heater sensor has been known to fail - car refuses to drive
  • There is a defect in the design of the towing hitch: there is a hole missing to allow access to the threaded rod and which prevents the original towing ring from being screwed into the intended place.
  • Car is almost impossible to charge if PIN security is enabled on the car's infotainment screen
  • No way to display actual tyre pressures (not an issue, just a feature not present you'd expect to see)
  • No way to view kW charging rate, just mph being added (not an issue, just a feature not present you'd expect to see)
  • Demisting/cabin warming/cooling etc stops if you get up off the driver's seat, for instance to go outside and clear snow off the car... not a bug, but annoying! -> May be possible to get around by using the Parking tab in the Climate menu...
Answers to questions:
  • Charging - only comes with a 3 phase, 16A cable for home use so max 3.6kW charging in UK even on 7kW 32A untethered chargers - 24hrs to charge from empty!! If you have a tethered cable then you will be able to charge at 7kW (32A/single phase) or 11kW (16A/three phase) as normal.
  • Is there a printed manual or single one to download? No, apart from the one I made by writing some software to download it all :) Download
  • What sort of range will I get? 220-250 miles in general driving in summer, 190-200 miles at 70mph in summer, knock off (estimated) 15-20% in cold wet Winter days.
  • Where is the mechanical emergency release handle for the charging cable? No definitive answer as yet!
  • Why do I hear cooling fans coming on for a few seconds when I unlock the car? This is the climate air quality system blowing fresh air into the car (see manual).
To be clear, this is not designed to be negative :) I'm hoping it will help people be realistic about what to expect before, during and after delivery.
Hi everyone,

• Missing jack
  • Missing first aid kit
Known issues:
Answers to questions:
Another know issue : the manual clearly describes the location of the mechanical emergency release handle for the charging cable behind the passenger seat. Nobody has been able to locate this handle. it seems to be a riddle. Multiple forums describe this and none of the present owners or dealers/spaces has been able to find the mysterious handle. It must exist though... (look for "emergency handle" in the online manual or look on p.368 of the pdf manual)
Hi everyone,

• Missing jack
  • Missing first aid kit
Known issues:
Answers to questions:
Magnesium NP just delivered. First aid kits are in the post. There is no jack supplied or intended So don’t go looking for it.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I contacted PS to ask about my missing jack / wheel brace / first aid kit / plugsurfer card etc and they said they will send these out when they have them. Sounds like they are well aware that some are short some items. No indication when they might come.

They said the wheel brace comes with the jack? Wait and see what arrives.

·
Registered
73 Posts
First all, thanks for maintaining this list.

On my car the rear windows have a fair bit of play. I checked at least 10 new Polestars 2s when updating the software on the car here the other day, and it appear inconsistent, like the new deliveries don't have this play, but the earlier deliveries do. It's like 50/50 from what I have seen so far in my very limited check. Anybody have any news or statements from Polestar or any service points regarding if this is to be concidered a defect? I just got off the Phone with Polestar Support, but that was not at all productive. Unknown issue, talk to a service point they said. And the Polestar guy at the servicepoint had no clue..

Also adaptive Matrix headlights did not work on my early release car, but they became avaliable now with the latest software release. (In case anyone experience this issue)

·
Registered
86 Posts
Regarding the missing jack. I have recently viewed a you tube video by Jermaine Ellis "Test driving a P2 in San Francisco". The polestar CS representative goes into great detail how to use the puncture repair and re-inflation kit.
Starts off with using the jack lift the car before you can re-inflate! Without doing this it would appear that the weight of the car would prevent the completion of the task. So it begs the question...............

·
Registered
720 Posts
First all, thanks for maintaining this list.

On my car the rear windows have a fair bit of play. I checked at least 10 new Polestars 2s when updating the software on the car here the other day, and it appear inconsistent, like the new deliveries don't have this play, but the earlier deliveries do. It's like 50/50 from what I have seen so far in my very limited check. Anybody have any news or statements from Polestar or any service points regarding if this is to be concidered a defect? I just got off the Phone with Polestar Support, but that was not at all productive. Unknown issue, talk to a service point they said. And the Polestar guy at the servicepoint had no clue..

Also adaptive Matrix headlights did not work on my early release car, but they became avaliable now with the latest software release. (In case anyone experience this issue)
If they deliver a car to me with loose windows, they will be taking it back!

·
Registered
54 Posts
If you're talking about front-to-back play, I had that and on the rear windows of my XC90, I had also asked the question and that was considered normal. I kept it for 5 years without any problems.

·
Registered
720 Posts
If you're talking about front-to-back play, I had that and on the rear windows of my XC90, I had also asked the question and that was considered normal. I kept it for 5 years without any problems.
Didn't they rattle? Or was the ICE loud enough to drown it out?

·
Registered
54 Posts
I just tried on a V60, same observation. But when fully closed, the windows do not move at all. As my P2 is still under repair, I cannot check mine ;-)

·
Registered
398 Posts
Where is the mechanical emergency release handle for the charging cable? No definitive answer as yet!
Had to use this last night when the charging got its knickers in a twist (again) and the button release in the charge port did nothing (again). Works as previous stated:

#3 19 d ago (Edited)

If you look to the side of the L rear seat headrest at the headlining you will see an air bag label. A few inches from that, where 2 panels meet, there is a plastic tag about 3 inches x 1 inch. If you pull this it is not fixed but has a tension holding it in place, which to me feels like a cable under tension.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Had to use this last night when the charging got its knickers in a twist (again) and the button release in the charge port did nothing (again). Works as previous stated:
Am I missing a trick here . . when mine didn't unlock (on the 3pin plug, waiting on Zappi) the other evening, I just pressed 'unlock cable' on the main display. Everything worked okay.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Am I missing a trick here . . when mine didn't unlock (on the 3pin plug, waiting on Zappi) the other evening, I just pressed 'unlock cable' on the main display. Everything worked okay.
Did you have a key with you? I noted yesterday that if you open the charging flap it unlocks the whole car and seen as the charging cable is locked in I assume the key needs to be nearby to unlock the cable. So far I have unlocked the car each time before going to remove the charging cable and have not experienced any cable locked issues.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Didn'y try the main display but the release in the charging port would not work so i tried the fables emergency charger release device.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Did you have a key with you? I noted yesterday that if you open the charging flap it unlocks the whole car and seen as the charging cable is locked in I assume the key needs to be nearby to unlock the cable. So far I have unlocked the car each time before going to remove the charging cable and have not experienced any cable locked issues.
Thanks for your you tube overview. Very useful and calming as I am due to have my car delivered shortly. 😁

·
Registered
68 Posts
Not checked infotainment versions etc yet, but otherwise everything checks out fine (other than jack / first aid kit) from my Friday delivery (y)

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #138
Updated to move some things into a "Believed to be fixed" section, in the spirit of keeping things positive :).

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #140 (Edited)
Updated to add in mention of mist in the headlights and also about disabling WPS to get Wifi access working...

121 - 140 of 193 Posts