Polestar Forum banner

141 - 160 of 193 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Updated to add in mention of mist in the headlights and also about disabling WPS to get Wifi access working...
For those who have Netgear Orbi, you can't disable WPS 😩 but apparently it's not enabled on the Guest network because while you can't split or disable 5ghz on the Guest network, the P*2 can connect to it.

·
Registered
95 Posts
You need to update the app ETA @rgledhill - FAQ now has it pegged at “Spring 2021” as opposed to December 2020, which is what they told all the reviewers. Seems like we have to put up with the awful plastic brick keys for quite a bit longer yet. :confused:

·
Registered
95 Posts
Yes, which is welcome, but you only get one...(which I've nabbed and my partner has the brick)... bought some new cases so seeing if I can switch the plastic cases and smarten them up!

·
Registered
219 Posts
Two things of note from this. One, I didn't know you could hold down the play/pause button to power off the car, that's handy.

And to save you wading through the video if you're in a hurry, to fix 4g:
Swipe down from top of screen to display notifications
Tap Sign-In notification
Accept T-Mobile T&C's
4g starts working!

·
Registered
92 Posts
I didn't have the sign-in notification when my 4G stopped working 2 weeks ago. it came back on its own after three days, though.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #152
Added to the FAQ at the top... :)

·
Registered
86 Posts
Tyre pressures. Checked my tyres today. Forgot it was on the check list. All were set at 38.5lbs. Drivers door pillar says they should all be at 41lbs. Although an Eco setting suggests you have the rear at 45lbs. I added the appropriate air. Certainly a firmer ride! Hoping it could affect the miles per kW. We shall see.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Tyre pressures. Checked my tyres today. Forgot it was on the check list. All were set at 38.5lbs. Drivers door pillar says they should all be at 41lbs. Although an Eco setting suggests you have the rear at 45lbs. I added the appropriate air. Certainly a firmer ride! Hoping it could affect the miles per kW. We shall see.
Used to firm ride. My VW T5 I set at 3.5 bar and above.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #155
Tyre pressures make negligible difference compared to everything else. I'd set them at 41psi and leave them there. I've tried all ranges of tyre pressures on various cars of various types and it's not made a single sausage of difference other than higher pressures being less comfortable!

·
Premium Member
609 Posts
Tyre pressures make negligible difference compared to everything else. I'd set them at 41psi and leave them there. I've tried all ranges of tyre pressures on various cars of various types and it's not made a single sausage of difference other than higher pressures being less comfortable!
Theoretically, higher pressures = better efficiency, but that's only true on very smooth roads.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Thanks for your advice. I will try it for a few days even though it is obviously firmer. Just because Polestar said it is eco! :) By the way mine is same colour and spec as your order. Love the colour.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #158
The Prof's is the same colour too :) Pity they're not making them as fast as other colours...

·
Registered
86 Posts
Theoretically, higher pressures = better efficiency, but that's only true on very smooth roads.
Some of the UK motorways/freeways! are pretty smooth but not all. Local town roads are a bit of a mish mash. Speed humps are everywhere. May not therefore make any significant difference. Except to the ride!

·
Registered
720 Posts
It is truly theoretical. In practice you may never notice since so many other things affect range. This holds true for every ICE car as well, but no one every really cared about 1/10th of an mpg.

141 - 160 of 193 Posts